It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook, MySpace Violating Own Privacy Policies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Facebook, MySpace Violating Own Privacy Policies?

www.foxnews.com

Advertising companies are receiving information from Facebook, MySpace and others that could be used to look up individual profiles, which, depending on the site and the information a user has made public, include such things as a person's real name, age, hometown and occupation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Question for ATS members - Facebook or "Conspiracy" Book?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They are at it again, this time MySpace has joined in selling off our information without consent.

Everyone who uses social networking sites knows to an extent their information is going to be viewed by others and most welcome that. There are also individuals who try to their hardest putting up blocks to certain entities to only view certain information, but FaceBook & MySpace still have complete control over those blocks and all they see is dollar signs. I am sure none of us want advertising entities to be looking at our information for the sake of developing/marketing geared towards me, instead of spamming me with this stuff..allow me to do it on my own.

I know SkepticOverlord has been floating the idea of a social networking interface that would at least guarantee us some privacy. I have linked his thread in here if anyone is not aware of ATS's future project, which already in the works called "Conspiracy Book".

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Bringing it up...

join