It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: N. Korea must face consequences over sinking (Are we heading into another war?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Clinton: N. Korea must face consequences over sinking

"I think it's important to send a clear message to North Korea that provocative actions have consequences," Clinton said Friday as she began a week-long Asian tour in Tokyo, Japan. "We cannot allow the attack on South Korea to go unanswered by the international community

This is interesting and a bit scary at the same time. Do you think its possible we sunk there ship JUST so we could possibly start a war with North Korea? Do you really think North Korea detroyed the ship?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I can't say for certain, but they more than likely did. I doubt S Korea is willing to fake an accident or at least lie about the cause to go to war with the North, and i also doubt it will lead to war. As sad as it is to lose 40 soldiers, it is not imo a good enough reason to go to war when the consequences and death toll resulting would be massive.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What about CLINTON MUST FACE CONSEQUENCES OVER HER CONTINUOUS TREASON?

Wouldn't that be a better headline? Clinton, GO THE FREAK AWAY YOU STINKING WITCH.

Consequences will be nothing. China will block any meaningful sanctions at the UN...

The US and South Korea already planned anti-submarine war games near the NK-SK border in June.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I see no reason why Obamas pull out from Iraq wont lead to him sending them to Korea.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by truth?

The American people are tired of fighting insurgents. The stress of what many perceive as an unwinnable confrontation in the Middle East combined with economic collapse is crippling the country. It's the bottom of the ninth and the bases are loaded, they (the administration) need a grand slam. To that end they'll do anything they can to distract the populace while they tighten the bit. This attack by North Korea is just what they've been looking for.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

I agree with that 100%, we need a war we can win. We lost the 1st time, i dont see that happening a second. Then we can say we helped reunite Korea

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Clinton is a war-mongering whore, the bloody Queen of Babylon. Can't wait for all of them in Capitol Hill to be finished.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truth?

Ok so Americans need a war they can watch on TV from a safe distance.. chant and cheer about "winning", while millions of Koreans die? That doesn't sound very nice.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
America murders and tortures people all over this globe, and these people act like some sort of big massive bully.

Amazing there still is no proof that the north did it, other than americans and uk saying so, yep right.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Explanation: Unfortunately the Korean War NEVER ENDED!

Korean War [wiki]

The war began on 25 June 1950 and an armistice was signed on 27 July 1953.

North Korea unilaterally withdrew from the armistice on May 27, 2009, thus returning to a de jure state of war.

Armistice [wiki]

An armistice is a situation in a war where the warring parties agree to stop fighting. It is not necessarily the end of a war, but may be just a cessation of hostilities while an attempt is made to negotiate a lasting peace.

De jure [wiki]

De jure (in Classical Latin de iure) is an expression that means "concerning law", as contrasted with de facto, which means "concerning fact".

So when the armed South Korean military naval vessel was sunk in DISPUTED waters a legal state of WAR already existed!

Personal Disclosure: Vote 1 China [ATS] before its to late!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by truth?

Ok so Americans need a war they can watch on TV from a safe distance.. chant and cheer about "winning", while millions of Koreans die? That doesn't sound very nice.

You hit the nail right on the head! Thats EXACTLY what Americans want. They want to wear their flag tshirts, sit around drinking budwiesers, HOO RAAA'ing at the shock and awe footage on CNN being reassured they are the greatest country on Earth. And if you don't agree with them, YOUR NEXT!!!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by stereovoyaged]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by truth?

I didnt say it was nice or that i agreed with it. Im very much opposed to war. But you know thats what the old timers in congress are thinking. 'we wont lose this time'

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I know we are for sure myself now. Back in April of '09 my buddy got out of the USAF and came home. He had told me the next big war in which the US would participate would be what he called a "ground pounder" with N. Korea. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out, but how it is looking now that's exactly the direction we're heading now.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Not all Americans are war mongering close minded hicks. Unfortunately the stupid ones who say "these colors dont run,' and "kill'em all let god sortem out' are the only ones that people from other countries see

I am the opposite of these people. I am very much against the war in Iraq, i do agree with the war in afghanistan though.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by truth?]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by truth?

Don't want to take your thread off-topic, but why do you support the war in Afghanistan exactly?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by truth?

I respectfully apologize for my pigeonholeing but only cause your sig is from a Megadeth song

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by truth?

I am not a war mongerer, but I do hold to the belief that these colors don't run and kill em all and let God sort em out.

Way to generalize.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I could not disagree more. The North Koreans committed an act of war and the South needs to respond. The US has no dog in this hunt (for at least should have none), but the notion you espouse, which is reciprocal warfare is the reason we have these bloody conflicts that last for decades.

When you limit your response to being equal to that which the other party inflicted upon you make the conflict logical and managable. War needs to be the opposite. You need to make the war illogical and unmanagable for the other party. The very reason we are bogged down in Afganistan is because we are engaged in a recriprocal war. The whole business is not shooting unless you are shot at, that we can not use air power to its maximum effectiveness are all part of this policy and the policy is rubbish. As soon as the South determined that the North sunk that ship they should have turned the naval base that sub came out of to rubble.

Now we are all going to condem them? Its fine that the US condem them. The US should condem them and then announce our complete withdrawl from South Korea. This is a Korean problem and if the South wants to play ring around the rosy with the North, thats their business, not ours.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Clinton's statement was very measured and said nothing about any sort of attacks on N. Korea. The words amount to diplomatic speak saying, "we know what you did, we're gonna make sure you feel some pressure for it." This kind of statement is, in effect, talking about sanctions and whatever other measures they can bring to bear on them (not really sure what that is). I think the US feels that because of the particularly heinous nature of N. Korea's act in this, they can force more pressure on N. Korea, even from their "allies," (if you can really call China and Russia that) in this matter.

I'm quite certain nobody wants war in Korea right now. We can't afford it, the Koreas certainly can't, and it's not the kind of thing China or Russia wants either...all they want is to keep making money and strengthening their economies.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

No problem, I do love megadeth (random off topic post sorry)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join