It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitution Is a Bestseller on Capitol Hill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Constitution Is a Best Seller on Capitol Hill

The U.S. Constitution has hit the bestseller list -- on Capitol Hill at least.

With both political parties citing the Constitution at seemingly every turn, the pocket edition of the document along with the Declaration of Independence reached No. 10 on the Government Printing Office bestseller list in March, The Hill newspaper reports. The GPO has sold 8,700 copies of the Constitution since last September.

The freedom of speech provided for by the First Amendment and the Second Amendment's right to bear arms are among the hot topics when the constitutionality of current laws and practices is debated.

Constitution copies and mini Constitutions are a hot seller these days. One kind of needs it to argue with idiots who make outrageous claims for laws that are constitutional or unconstitutional.

At least, now people can back up their stance. One thing is for sure, you'll be more aware than those elected into office as they do not like to read things but instead vote on them or side with hearsay.

I have sent a letter to my state for a request to allow mini state constitution be made available or eBook format.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Funny. It's like they're all discovering it for the first time.

"Hey Nancy, have you seen this con-sti-tu-shun thing?"

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I doubt Nancy even knows what it is or who were the framers that drafted it.

To her botox plasticized face, its all about votes and what ever she can do stay in power.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Constitution? What is that? There is no Constitution in a Democracy.

Oh, that is right, we are not a Democracy-The Democracy Conspiracy

Since we are talking about the Constitution, might just as well have a link.

United States of America-Constitution

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

People will never understand the concept of Republic as it allows for freedoms where Democracy only leads to Hype and Chains.

You float the idea of pocket state constitution as the state constitutions and the Framer's Constitution empower people with abilities and rights they thought they never had.

People can actually stand up against laws without cowering or fear of being thrown into jail.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing that to our attention. S&F

Now for my next question...I wonder how many of them have actually read the Constitution? I would laugh if it weren't so pathetic.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I can't say much for the Lawmakers, if they are reading the constitution or not. One thing is for sure, I have started to verse myself in my digital copy.

iPhone, iPad, iTouch

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Good idea. I must admit that I have had to do some brushing up on it lately too.

I usually go to this site US Constitution I think I will have to get another hard copy of it though just in case someone tries to take it offline.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
After grueling through every Harry Potter novel, they finally got around to picking up a copy. Good for them. It's about freaking time.

top topics

join