It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needles CA. UFO Crash of May 2008 - SOLVED (?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

It's all good ...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey Sly

Thanks for the reply. So in outer space you only need a heating system? What about the effect of direct sunlight? Wouldn't that heat up the hull?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
it looks man made .if i seen this i would not say alien ufo. id say new type plane /rocket.the stuff i seen.well when you c one .you will know its still my daily thought 3 years on ,since i seen them

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

As far as outerspace I really can't be certain. But getting up there through the upper atmosphere it gets very cold. We had jets come down with ice on them. Now once it gets out of the atmosphere I'm not entirely sure how physics and thermodynamics would play a part, that'd be something NASA would be more educated in. If I had to venture to guess I'd say that even with hull heating it would only heat up the side directly in the sunlight, and only when the craft was exposed to the sun. But even with the hull being heated up I would imagine that there would be several layers of protection and shielding from the many different radiations from the sun that would destroy the electronics. I've also heard that one of its objectives was to perform experiments and take samples and bring them back to earth. Don't know what kind but it could be possible need to keep the storage equipment cool. That is just some speculation on my part though. But keeping the electronics cool on the ground I'm 100%. Just saying there may be additional reasons.

Now I do believe that if it is successful we will see manned versions of this in the future. If anyone here remembers a few years ago there was some press about a suit that would be used for space diving. You can find an article about it in a 2007 issue of popular science. (It's one of the issues we have in our bathroom at work for reading material LoL) The military was very interested in it and had mentioned that it would allow them to place troops anywhere in the world in a very short period of time. But the craft would need to be much bigger. The other thing is that the pilots and the crew generally don't board until right before the engines are to be started and the climate controls run with the engines so there is no need to provide them with cooling.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Mikey Sly]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Mikey Sly]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
In the movies, where designers do the job we have awesome spaceships... so sad that in the real world engineers design them and we get these... uninspired crap like the X3* ...

Oh well I'm getting used to the idea that we will never have a decent looking space ship... like... Enterprise for instance. sad sad sad.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Here's a context and dimensions image...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8d525865b3c.jpg[/atsimg]

Small enough for a discreet search and recovery op. Small change to the Defence budget, but maybe some embarrassment? The 'turquoise glow,' if accurate, may be due to some copper element in the design/ hull? I'm just throwing an idea out there...please don't throw it back!

Nice picture thanks for sharing. We have to remember that the things were seeing now are years behind what the USAF/govt. has. Its been said many times they are 50 years ahead of us, as in the publicly shown and used stuff.

I can only imagine what they're using now and what capabilities they have; it's probably on a crazy scale we only dream about.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Further to my post regarding the “turquoise glow” possibly being caused by a St Elmo’s Fire effect or low temperature plasma stealth technology.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is an ATS thread by intelgurl discussing low temperature plasma stealth technology:

Plasma Stealth: Past & Present

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk, is there a possibility that this event was the result of an X37 drop test and free flight from the White Knight? Could the X37 have been remotely operated (gliding) back to Edwards from that distance?

What I don't get, is that if a UAV somehow fell to earth short of its destination, why didn't it crash into pieces? Whatever landed/crashed by Needles seemed to be intact enough to be picked up quickly by helicopter.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hi Kandinsky,

Is this a real pic you posted or just an artist rendering? If it's real why is there an A/C vent going into an "unmanned" craft?

Good question. It's to keep the electronics cool.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Although I'm still curious about my first question, in thinking over the crash/landing itself, I realized that unless a craft broke up in flight, it very well could be intact enough to carry away.

Neat, though, that something was aloft that was capable of being tracked (even to the point of impact/landing), was tracked, and was recovered quickly.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was there. I broke the original story with Ian Punnett. I work at KTOX, I'm the producer/engineer (the guy wearing the "Punisher" t-shirt in the KLAS interview). George unfortunately got a couple things wrong. The X-37 craft has control surfaces, this object was smooth and cylindrical. More like a tanker truck. It continued to glow long after impact (still glowing when the crane picked it up). Also, the team of trucks George happened upon are not the same ones we saw. They look similar but not a one in the video footage looks like any of the ones parked around the radio station and driving through town. I know, I saw them parked near the station. I'm still not sure what exactly it was, it very well could have been man made, but the explanation kinda feels... pat. Too easily explained away. Too many other events surrounding the "crash".

I'm not dissing on George, I have a lot of respect and admiration for him, but in this case I believe his hands may have been tied elsewhere...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Fascinating thread, not least because I'm looking at pictures of something that looks very little different to craft developed 50 years ago. I have to say this whole, 50 years ahead etc , is moonshine, mostly to kid you into accepting the huge amount of tax dollars going into projects which are, in terms of their propulsion system, as out dated as a V2 from WW2.

The on board systems are no doubt the state of the art, so yes I can see how they'd be desperate to make sure it didn't end up on some kid's bedroom wall.

It's worth remembering that, the English Electric Lightning could manage Mach 2 in its' later variants. The limitation weren't even the air frame design but the reaction to heating of the metals and other substances used to build the aircraft.

Even the pulse jet, with its' "doughnuts on a rope" contrail is, in the final analysis still a jet. What's more, one can only assume, by the monumental sums spent on the F22 programme, the Aurora, or whatever it is called, is so hideously expensive to build it will probably, never see service in any large numbers.

So, whilst the materials airframes are built with and the engines are developed with might become ever more exotic and the on board flight controls ever more sophisticated we are talking about, in the end. Tarting up a system which has finite limits that are pretty much being explored , ie the rocket and the jet engine.

As much as we might like to speculate about what Tesla did, what other sorts of *motors* are being developed. There isn't a single shred of hard evidence to support their existence at all. The anecdotal evidence for the TR3-B 100% stems from one original source, Edgar Fouche, and he swears blind it's back engineered Alien technology.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Nice picture thanks for sharing. We have to remember that the things were seeing now are years behind what the USAF/govt. has. Its been said many times they are 50 years ahead of us, as in the publicly shown and used stuff.

I can only imagine what they're using now and what capabilities they have; it's probably on a crazy scale we only dream about.

Sorry, not picking on you specifically but I see this said so often and I'm not sure it's actually that accurate.

What real development have we actually seen in the 60 odd years since WW2 ?

Smaller, faster, more manouverable etc etc - basically just increased capabilities. You could I suppose put up an argument for stealth technology but was it really that radical ?

The basics are still the same and if you look at the automotive industry you could argue that development has increased at a greater rate - at least alternative fuels are in use.

That being said therefore I don't think that they will be flying anything around that will be an exponential improvement on existing or a unique and radical different take - unless of course there has been some external factor involved.

Edited just to say now read Firemoons post above so sorry if it sounds like there is an echo in here !

[edit on 30-7-2010 by chunder]

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sorry to resurrect a thread from 2010 but found this recently
on forgotten languages

From Radar Angels to Optical Demons

here are the english sections

"You want the chaff to show up on radar, and you want the echo to be fully trackable for the enemy to obtain information concerning its radar cross section and motion. At the same time, you want your chaff to be visually detected with naked eye such that once both the visual and the radar information is combined the conclusion be a positive detection of an incoming craft. That's what you need to help the UAVs to silently penetrate the air defense network: a swarm of MilOrbs"

"This particular MilOrb has a cylindrical shape and its external surface is covered with tiny tiles of phosphorescent material, actually a coating made of PHOLEDs; they glow in green bluish"

"Glow-in-the-Dark is a spinoff program that was jointly run by DoE and DoD, though since FY2009 DoE was taken apart due to its responsibility in the Needles incident in which one of the MilOrbs had a malfunction and crashed close to a populated area. Since then, we have designed molecules using the matrix assisted isolation technique with extremely efficient phosphorescent features."

"Esterline produces the classical Al-coated glass-fiber chaff, while we produce the organic luminescent materials used in MilOrbs. Much as classical chaff, ours can also be used to decoy radar-seeking missiles, but here the idea was to replicate the complete signature of incoming aircrafts both in the electromagnetic and the visual spectrum using PHOLEDs. For a casual observer the MilOrb appears just like that: a greenish glowing sphere, but when switched into the kinetic mode, the MilOrb looks like a green bluish rod falling from the sky towards the selected target at high speed."

And the most important part at the end

"Why was NST involved in the recovery of the crashed MilOrb at all? Does the MilOrb radiate gamma radiation of some sort? Is it radioactive? Does the paint contains a radioactive isotope? Did anyone measure the radiactive levels at Needles crash site?"

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Got any other sources besides that link?

Wasnt the object sighted large? Something like a good 15 foot. And heavy enough to require a heavy lift helicopter. Aircraft are carrying around 15 foot long thousand pound plus chaff?

Hows a phosphorescent organic LED going to emulate the electromagnetic signature of a aircraft.

There are other things that could have caused the glowing that would be more useful than organic leds.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hi Bass , I was just reading through fl as I like to do every now and then and read the snippets in English , which I still find really weird (already a thread on that)

Anyway I just googled it to find out what it was and low and behold an ATS thread from 2010 , I just thought I add it since they have discussed some alternative theory to the event.

I just thought Id add it here regardless in case it meant something or someone was waiting for that info to click and lead them to something else, its a clue at least maybe !

thanks for the reply

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Interesting read! Thanks for the contribution. Maybe someday, somewhere something else will turn up. The website linked to is also interesting..... as always, humans are an interesting lot

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The company, Esterline, mentioned in that article does work with special coatings. It does seem something much larger than chaff was being tested that night. As I wrote in 2010, "something was aloft that was capable of being tracked (even to the point of impact/landing), was tracked, and was recovered quickly".

A side note, RiverDawg's 2010 post above mentions about trucks: "Also, the team of trucks George happened upon are not the same ones we saw. They look similar but not a one in the video footage looks like any of the ones parked around the radio station and driving through town. I know, I saw them parked near the station." I read a Mother Jones article in 2012 about another topic, but, lo and behold, upon a recent re-reading, it happens to mention the Needles incident, and adds to RiverDawg's account

The mystery surrounding nuke truckers has given rise to conspiracy theories. In May 2008, several locals near Needles, California, reported seeing a fiery blue-green UFO crash. Intrigued by the UFO story, Las Vegas investigative TV reporter George Knapp traveled to the alleged crash site—and stumbled upon a convoy of OST agents.

After some wangling, the agents offered Knapp a look at their trucks and operations. "They're a little bit 007, with maybe a dash of Rambo, but maybe the smarts and technology of a Tom Clancy hero," he told his viewers. The truckers denied any involvement with a UFO, but they confirmed that they spend a lot of time training in and hauling materials out of DOE's Nevada Test Site—adjacent to the fabled Area 51.

source

Anyway, I am thinking that the object was indeed a military project (orbital or satellite?) and sure would love to read a "Final Report on the PHOSLED coated MilOrb incident at Needles. Recommendation for DoE dropout. Defense Report" from the bibliography of sapien's source. Most likely will never happen in my lifetime.... unless someday there is a document dump... if such a thing hasn't already been dumped in a trash bin. Things my tax dollars pay for but which will never be made public.... probably enough to fill up Yucca Mtn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join