It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needles CA. UFO Crash of May 2008 - SOLVED (?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Perhaps the turquoise color originated from whatever payload it was carrying. As mentioned in a different thread, this craft may carry tungsten rods as kinetic weapons. Unfortunately, I no longer have my old CRC manual of Chemistry and Physics, to see what color tungsten may give off when heated. S&F for you!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
thanks for the update... S&F'd

Just so happens I work at newly built in '09 Naked Pirate Beach Bar in Park Moabi... last season & starting up tomorrow.. (the Bug Light Girls are coming)

The pictures in Google Earth are not updated yet.. but that marina on the Cali side is completely updated...

The X-37B test flight sounds very plausible... especially with how fast it was recovered, the follow up agents later on, etc...

the slowing down speeding up.. that sounds like it just powering off & on...

now if it followed the river.. that's too many turns.. and if it went over south Bullhead/Mohave County, it was late, but Laughlin Airport got a lot of calls..

I can say though it's really not that big of a site if the witnesses are correct...

From the Colorado River crossing of the 40 to Needles is about 10 miles...

The camp grounds head north on the river, Cali side about a mile or more. I have been pretty far up, & asked regulars about seeing anything, but alas nothing.. the train tracks are there too, and I am told you can make it to needles..

I have seen the scorched trees on the Topock side heading to Golden Shores.. "Houseboat Bob" mentioned...

The animation makes it seem like it was inside the Topock Gorge, I doubt "Bob" was there because those cliffs are very large.. and it would have been called the "Havasu" crash or something...

Anyways, I have not been able to find out where Frank Costigan was at the time, and as "H.B." was drifting along fishing, figure out a heading..

I keep hearing there was many witnesses, but the only other one I've read is a driver west bound 40, after the River yet before Needles.. which just places the site in this 9x1 mile area.. oh the other was the radio station hippie guy, but he just saw the follow up guys..

If in fact it was south of the 40, Cali side, that is off limits. that is some rough mountain terrain.. the is a Oil refinery under the bridge on National Trails road..

There are Indian Petroglyphs there in Topock Gorge.

Also some Historic Route 66 items being protected & patrolled 24/7 on National Trails road by uniformed, armed, Federal EPA guys...

There nice enough & when I got to know a couple asked what our tax dollars where paying to protect one guy said "Trash".. apparently abandoned cars are preserved on Route 66 & GPS tagged.. along with various other items dumped over the years.. coke bottles, a old refrigerator.. I feel good knowing our historic trash is being CSI style tagged & guarded by Uncle Sam..

So, like I said, between the Oil station & those guys its pretty much off limits south.. and north 95 to needles has got another building blocking the turn off to a connecting dirt road...

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know there is an ATS'er in the area.. we are global, right? = ) That area can be thoroughly scouted, but with the usual misdirection involved in these types of things.... my money is the Cali side of Topock Gorge (Frank Costigan mention the object going out of site and waiting to hear an impact. Yet, crossing the River west bound from the bridge you can see up to needles, its that flat.) Its mountainous, has an excuse for being protected constantly, and it was picked up by helicopters which would be the only way to grab it..

- Reeferman

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
uncle sam is seriously awesome

space planes? so cool

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Reeferman.....

Thank you for posting your detailed local perspective.....

.....most interesting!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
As the color was reported as it came across and crashed, it could have been given off by the heat shield of the craft. As the X-37 uses ceramic tiles like the space shuttle, those tiles may be doped with copper, nickel, boron, etc. so that it might be less visible to radar in orbit and may have this color on re-entry. It might also have some kind of electrical corona on entry to reduce the impact of atmospheric heating on re-entry. The actual craft would not have to have been the X-37, but could have been a demonstrator from a "black program", of similar characteristics

[edit on 22-5-2010 by majicbar]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
first I'm sure the first test of the vehicles were done by high altitude drops from the voyager 2 ect.

nuclear design secrets including payload and ordinance would fall under the same agency - it's been referred to as a quick deploy nuke platform in the past and it would circumvent no nukes stationed in space

the ac vent is obvious the test craft is filled with shiploads of sensor, computers and other electrical equipment all operating in the direct sunlight of 100 degree + weather. They are going to do a ground systems check I'm sure.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by circuitsports]

My question is this.
Why use a 2oth century weapon system like a orbital platform nuke, when you run out of missiles you have to land and resupply. Instead you could take one of the mega-watt laser devices, cut it down and put it the payload area of the X-37B. Then it could fire from orbit mutiple times, for multiple targets.

The prez canceled the airborne laser sytem they developed. What if this is the next generation in deployible laser space weapons.
You never know where the beam came from.

Any ideas on this aspect?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Multiple megawatt laser shots? Where do those multi-megawatts of power come from? Happen to know what the payload capacity of the X-37 is? Doesn't look like it can carry all that much.

The ABL program has not been canceled.

[edit on 5/22/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
..... well no wonder it flies erratically and crashes .

.. it doesn't seem to have any windows !

maybe it's SOOO Top Secret , not even the pilots

are allowed to look out !

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of recovery crew they would use if one of these crashed. I bet that would make a lot of noise too. Was there reports of seeing search crew after the UFO crash of May 2008?

reply to post by AllIsOne

Nice name,
. Little awkward now.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
It's a real shame that George dragged the X-37 into the Needles story, tying two completely unrelated things together. The witness said he didn't see any wings or horizontal surfaces like those on the X-37 type vehicle so it's pretty clear that's not what he saw, especially when you look at the flight history of the vehicle. The news media has sensationalized the so-called "secrecy" surrounding the X-37 but it has been pretty much in the open for years with the exception of some of the operational mission details.

So you're telling me, that if you saw that ship burning up upon re-entry, from 5+ miles away, that you'd be able to see and identify it's (incredibly small) wings?

And let's pretend you could! What if it were laying "flat" to your PoV? Then you couldn't see the wings anyway, right? Your argument is moot, sir.

I'm not saying I know what it is. I'm just saying the wings on the X-37 wouldn't be visible for easy identification in this case.

The "turquoise glow" is what baffles me more than anything.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Strype.....

The "turquoise glow" is what baffles me more than anything.

Here’s my thoughts about that, as per my reply to Springer:

Maybe...maybe not reply to Springer:

Couldn't this "turquoise glow" have been a St Elmo's fire type of (relatively low temperature) plasma effect?

I can't see anything to exclude that option.

I also note the well referenced reports of aircraft surface low temperature plasma technology being developed to:

- Obfuscate & decrease radar detection as a “stealth” technology

- Decrease airframe drag which in turn decreases aircraft friction & the resulting airframe temperature problems, performance problems, etc...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Here's a pic of the X-37B:

And the X-40A, the sister ship:

Both certainly look cylindrical, though I wonder what would account for a "turquoise glow" when the thing is crashing.

Blue glow...that'll be this. Cherenkov radiation in reactor cores. Loads of videos of it on youtube

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros

Originally posted by sos37
Blue glow...that'll be this. Cherenkov radiation in reactor cores. Loads of videos of it on youtube

Why?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well..if everyone is wondering about what the blue glow was and the "whatever" was scooped up by nuclear recovery types, you could presume that the blue glow was Cherenkov radation from the "whatever's" reactor core. All you need to generate this stuff is a reactor and a medium thicker than a vacuum where ions can travel faster than light speed in that medium.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Well..if everyone is wondering about what the blue glow was and the "whatever" was scooped up by nuclear recovery types, you could presume that the blue glow was Cherenkov radation from the "whatever's" reactor core. All you need to generate this stuff is a reactor and a medium thicker than a vacuum where ions can travel faster than light speed in that medium.

Nomadros.....

OK.....I see.

I thought you were saying the X37 had a reactor core.

Now I realise you were saying that if it was some other different craft, it could have utilised a reactor core.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hi Kandinsky,

Is this a real pic you posted or just an artist rendering? If it's real why is there an A/C vent going into an "unmanned" craft?

Possibly just a ground support access only...no windshield.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

no worries...I should've been clearer.
Interesting case though.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

no worries...I should've been clearer.
Interesting case though.

Nomadros.....

No worries

.....& yes.....it's a very interesting case.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The UFO Hunters show proved that All declassified aircraft are atleast 10-15 years old already. So what we are shown today was in use 10 - 15 years ago. So I must ask the same question as the topics poster. "I wonder what they could be flying now".

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join