It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needles CA. UFO Crash of May 2008 - SOLVED (?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well it has to be said (and i believe it already has) that this space shuttle in no way matches the description given by the witness. Kinda like blaming the U2s for UFO sightings. Shape and flight characteristics not even close. Anyone who has done much research on sightings and their official explanations will realize how pathetic this attempt is, but pretty much par for the course.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

George didn't say conclusively that it was an X37 (that's why I put the "?" in the title), he merely presents the possibility that it was. The fact it was retrieved so swiftly, and the "nuke guys" were swarming all over the area leads one to believe it definitely something the USG does not want anyone to get their hands on.

WRT the "X craft" being in the public domain, yes that's true that the basic shape and propulsion have been disclosed for a while now (I get the AIAA's "Aerospace America" every month and they covered it a few times) but we don't know if there are variants that have exotic equipment do we?

Springer...

[edit on 5-21-2010 by Springer]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Moreover if a space shuttle fell out of the sky and impacted the Nevada desert the way it was described this object reportedly did i think you would need broom and dustpan for retrieval, not a helicopter.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I take it you didn't watch the video... The video wherein the two main witnesses actually say the shape DOES match what they saw, sans the short wings which could have broken off or even burned up.

Springer...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Another interesting thought is, if these X-37 craft are the fruit of 1990's technology, I wonder what they're flying out there NOW?

Great thought!!! I ask my self the same question every day!

In fact, the F-22 Advanced Tactical Fighter(ATF) was released and had its first flight in 1991, and its currently the most advanced fighter jet in the world!!!!!!!

Imagine what they are testing now over 19 years later!!!!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just chiming in to add the original thread that broke the story to ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I admit i havent revisited this sighting since it happened but the original account at the time from the houseboat guy stated that this thing was just a tube or tank-shaped craft. i guess if you burn the wings off of any fuselage thats what you get, granted. He also claimed that the object was still glowing as it was choppered away. If the turquoise was some kind of conventional combustion of the craft itself via atmo friction would it not be exceptionally hot?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hi Kandinsky,

Is this a real pic you posted or just an artist rendering? If it's real why is there an A/C vent going into an "unmanned" craft?

Wouldn't the A/C be used to keep either the fuel or certain engine components cold? Does the A/C *have* to be for humans?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd
Very cool pics, but that X-37 looks like a new shuttle craft. It doesnt look edgy or cool or like anything that would be mistaken as an UFO. The design doesnt seem to support great maneuverability or impossible speeds.

So, is that the BEST technology humanity has to space travel? Or is there something else?

I would not be so quick to judge its manuverability.

Case in point : Rockwell-MBB X-31 Enhanced Fighter Maneuverability

Notice how the wing design and proportion are similar. This was the aircraft that came to mind when I first saw the X-37 photos. It looks to benefit from the early 'lifting body' X-planes, Globalhawk and this X-31.

The significant difference being that this X-37 was designed for space operation and therefore would not be required to be highly manuverable in our atmosphere, but that being said, we don't know exactly what it is intended for.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Skellon]

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
first I'm sure the first test of the vehicles were done by high altitude drops from the voyager 2 ect.

nuclear design secrets including payload and ordinance would fall under the same agency - it's been referred to as a quick deploy nuke platform in the past and it would circumvent no nukes stationed in space

the ac vent is obvious the test craft is filled with shiploads of sensor, computers and other electrical equipment all operating in the direct sunlight of 100 degree + weather. They are going to do a ground systems check I'm sure.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by circuitsports]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by vtcajun

But the one in the image is an unpowered testbed.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Phage]

Hi Phage,

do you have a source for that picture? (I know you didn't post it originally, but K doesn't take my inquiry too seriously.)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I don't know about the original source but here's one.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

But on second thought, it doesn't say it's unpowered. Maybe it did have a jet engine installed for ground testing.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Hello Springer
i havent posted before on here as im a silent observer most of the time however i live in the northwest of england and have seen on two occasions cyan coloured/yellow/fire coloured objects flying one was two weeks ago whe our airspace was free of traffic due to the ash cloud my wife and i where sat in the conservatory and i happenedto look up as im a star gazer and we both saw quite a large ball of light traveling across the sky and it was not a meteor my wife whos head is full of kids and running the family even remarked as to what the hell that was not ten minutes ago i saw the exact same coloured object moving up across the sky in a very eratic pattern please be aware it is a clear sky tonight it reached a certain altitude and disapeared NOW i would not have posted had i not been reading your story/discription an hour before and then seeing this thing again.i am a highly intelligent person if somewhat a bad speller and know planes and indeed anything else with an engine inside out and these things i have never seen before and can state my life on the fact they are not commercial aircraft or shooting stars as they tend to travel down not up and judging by the eratic nature of the fligt path of the latest one if it is man made somebody needs to be sacked because it dont fly straight.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Springer.....

Thank you for posting George's very interesting report.

I would assume the "turquoise glow" was the result of the tremendous heat the thing endured upon reentry. I don't know why I would assume that after thinking about it though, you'd think it would be fiery orange not turquoise right?

Couldn't this "turquoise glow" have been a St Elmo's fire type of (relatively low temperature) plasma effect?

I can't see anything to exclude that option.

I also note the well referenced reports of aircraft surface low temperature plasma technology being developed to:

- Obfuscate & decrease radar detection as a “stealth” technology

- Decrease airframe drag which in turn decreases aircraft friction & the resulting airframe temperature problems, performance problems, etc...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

You are correct in identifying the hose connected to the aircraft as being an air conditioner unit (the slight "kink" in the hose would preclude it being a jet engine starter connection - those are much more rigid).

However, looking at the ramp, it would appear to be either Edwards AFB or Air Force Plant #42 at Palmdale, in either case, the temperatures on the concrete ramp would require cooling for the many computer/sensor devices onboard.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I thought the thing that crashed was like a globe...

the glow is a plasma sheath...which has infinite applications, theoretically

link

anyway, those look like torpedoes/missiles but that's not to say the technology isn't reverse engineered from salvaged alien hardware. maybe those are optimized for use here on earth...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My thought is that the "AC unit" is in fact a power cart (ground power unit). It's not the standard GPU used by the USAF (as a quick Google search will conform for you) but would make sense, much more than an A/C unit. Looks pretty heavy-duty from the connection there.

The turquoise glow could definitely be from re-entry heat; we're not looking for flame test results here, but rather the emissions spectrum of the material as it varies with temperature. The heat shield is not going to be metal; it will be some sort of ceramic material, most likely.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
It wasn't the X-37 that crashed at Needles. The X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle is only making its maiden space voyage now. Previous variants, the X-37A Approach and Landing Test Vehicle and the subscale X-40A technology demonstrator ere never capable of space flight.

It's a real shame that George dragged the X-37 into the Needles story, tying two completely unrelated things together. The witness said he didn't see any wings or horizontal surfaces like those on the X-37 type vehicle so it's pretty clear that's not what he saw, especially when you look at the flight history of the vehicle. The news media has sensationalized the so-called "secrecy" surrounding the X-37 but it has been pretty much in the open for years with the exception of some of the operational mission details.

Yes but you also have to look at the possibility that this craft and maybe others have been tested "before" we were told of the tests. You can't always go on the official story in my opinion, this has happened to many times before with similar situations. Like I said just my opinion on the matter.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think that area 51 was much more advanced than that space ride

Air force works at nellis air force base in nevada, Area 51 even tho some say is air force, I still have no idea who is in charge there. It does not look air force to me .

Area 51 sounds more like this to me

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

This is simple

I worked on the U-2 and we used a/c carts to cool off our electronics since they had heaters for the electronic equipment to maintain a stable temperature and to prevent water from condensing and freezing on the circuitry risking shorting them out in the upper atmosphere. On the ground however without cooling the electronics would overheat and burn out. Hence the a/c carts.

Judging from the size of the craft and the supposed level of technology this thing is equipped with I'd say there is no room for an occupant. IMO

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join