It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needles CA. UFO Crash of May 2008 - SOLVED (?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My friend George Knapp, of KLAS Channel 8 in Las Vegas has been researching what crashed to the ground near the Colorado River back in May, 2008 and it appears he has discovered what the mystery UFO was.

You can watch his report (and read the transcript) here:

www.8newsnow.com...

I think it's astounding that ATS has been talking about the X-37 group of craft (that the USAF and NASA have denied exist for security reasons) for years, and now we not only got validation of their existence a couple months ago when they launched one into space, thanks to George, we apparently have the evidence one crashed back in 2008.

Please check out the entire story from the first reports back in 2008, it's a great example of how to investigate a crash report.

Springer...

[edit on 5-21-2010 by Springer]

+5 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here's a pic of the X-37B:

And the X-40A, the sister ship:

Both certainly look cylindrical, though I wonder what would account for a "turquoise glow" when the thing is crashing.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
After thinking some more about the apparent reality of this story, I wonder how many sightings around area 51 during the early 2000's were these craft?

I remember back in 1980's when they were secretly testing the Stealth Fighter and Bomber, both of which have an "other worldly" appearance even today, there were loads of UFO sighting reports in the surrounding desert communities.

Another interesting thought is, if these X-37 craft are the fruit of 1990's technology, I wonder what they're flying out there NOW?

Has anyone been keeping up with reports in the desert southwest USA?

Springer...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Thanks for the great shots "sos37".

I would assume the "turquoise glow" was the result of the tremendous heat the thing endured upon reentry. I don't know why I would assume that after thinking about it though, you'd think it would be fiery orange not turquoise right?

Unless there is some very unique coating on the craft that burns with a turquoise glow...

Springer...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by sos37

Unless there is some very unique coating on the craft that burns with a turquoise glow...

Hmmm.. turquoise, or more commonly called 'cyan' when referring to a flames color, can be created by burning methane. However, thats the only thing I can think of or even come up with online.

However, i'm willing to bet there are other materials that burn with a cyan, aqua or turquoise appearance.

Flame color can also be a good indicator of temperature if im not mistaken? Perhaps someone can speculate on this more.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Very cool pics, but that X-37 looks like a new shuttle craft. It doesnt look edgy or cool or like anything that would be mistaken as an UFO. The design doesnt seem to support great maneuverability or impossible speeds.

So, is that the BEST technology humanity has to space travel? Or is there something else?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It wasn't the X-37 that crashed at Needles. The X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle is only making its maiden space voyage now. Previous variants, the X-37A Approach and Landing Test Vehicle and the subscale X-40A technology demonstrator ere never capable of space flight.

It's a real shame that George dragged the X-37 into the Needles story, tying two completely unrelated things together. The witness said he didn't see any wings or horizontal surfaces like those on the X-37 type vehicle so it's pretty clear that's not what he saw, especially when you look at the flight history of the vehicle. The news media has sensationalized the so-called "secrecy" surrounding the X-37 but it has been pretty much in the open for years with the exception of some of the operational mission details.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It was also strange that the OST (Office of Secure Transportation), which is a division of the NNSA (National Nuclear Security Agency), was crawling all over the area and even interviewing people in the town directly after the crash, suggesting that the crashed aircraft was either propelled by nuclear energy or was carrying nuclear materials on board. The OST is an elite and pseudo-secret agency in charge of the security of nuclear materials being transported, including recovery. Of course it could have just been a coincidence but it is highly suspicious. The local news station did an excelent report about the incident and can be found here: www.ufo-blogger.com...

--airspoon

Note: A better explanation of OST's involvement can be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edited because I misspelled a word.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here's a context and dimensions image...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8d525865b3c.jpg[/atsimg]

Small enough for a discreet search and recovery op. Small change to the Defence budget, but maybe some embarrassment? The 'turquoise glow,' if accurate, may be due to some copper element in the design/ hull? I'm just throwing an idea out there...please don't throw it back!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The "turquoise glow" could have also been just the normal green navigation lights looking "bluish" in the night fog. Just my 2 cents.

--airspoon

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Hi Kandinsky,

Is this a real pic you posted or just an artist rendering? If it's real why is there an A/C vent going into an "unmanned" craft?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
funny a poster in the not so long ago past wrote about the needles crash being the X37. maybe they were on the rite track after all.

i think its a very good possibility esp when you consider they whipped it away with a skyhook heli so they must of known the drill if there was a crash.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Is this a real pic you posted or just an artist rendering? If it's real why is there an A/C vent going into an "unmanned" craft?

A/C vent? It's the embarking channel for the crew

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Stupid question but has the x37 ever even been a classified project? I thought it has been out there for years, why the secrecy over the crash of an unclassified non-black program?

Maybe the x37 is just a cover? Knapp was given bogus information?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by drock905]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Hi Kandinsky,

Wow, good observation! At first I thought it was a power cable, but it's not - it's an A/C conduit! LOL - who's being kept cool in there?

As for a "turquoise glow" and a nuclear security agency investigating things, if it was an anti-gravity giant black triangle platform run by a small fission reactor, the anti-gravity operation may have given off the glow as it failed, or the reactor could have given off Cerenkov (blue) radiation as it failed.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Flame test info of elements

Source

Some common metals and corresponding colors are:

Symbol Name Color
As Arsenic Blue
B Boron Bright green
Ba Barium Pale/Apple green
Ca Calcium Brick Red
Cs Caesium Blue Violet
Cu(I) Copper(I) Blue
Cu(II) Copper(II) Green (non-halide)
Cu(II) Copper(II) Blue-green (halide)
Fe Iron Gold
In Indium Blue
K Potassium Lilac
Li Lithium Carmine
Mg Magnesium Brilliant white can burn bright enough to damage eyes
Mo Molybdenum Yellowish green
Na Sodium Intense yellow
P Phosphorus Pale bluish green
Pb Lead Blue
Rb Rubidium Red-violet
Sb Antimony Pale green
Se Selenium Azure blue
Sr Strontium Crimson
Te Tellurium Pale green
Tl Thallium Pure green
Zn Zinc Bluish green

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That's a sweet mini-shuttle. These will be great for transporting helium-3 back from the moon.

Case closed on the Needles crash case? Hellz no.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Booker’s

thats probably an air start unit. this pic could be of them getting ready for an engine test. the air start will force air through the intake to start the engine.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Another interesting thought is, if these X-37 craft are the fruit of 1990's technology, I wonder what they're flying out there NOW?

Springer...

To anyone that keeps tabs on mystery craft that are reported around the world and especially the US, there is no doubt about what they are operating--not flying--but operating.

It is the triangles and ofther craft with similar propulsion systems that don't use air, rockets or jets and that can fly, slow, low and silent. This mini-shuttle crap is designed to fill the hole after the shuttles stop, nothing more.

Perhaps that was just an off the top of your head comment, Springer, so I for one will give you a pass on that statement.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vtcajun

That works for turbine engines.
This baby uses rockets. But the one in the image is an unpowered testbed.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Phage]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join