It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Massive Military Build Up Around Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That's among the ''advantages'', but let's assume such a war would make the stock exchanges collapse and hence, cripple the Dollar, which is not implausible considering the extreme volatility consequential to the financial woes of the relatively insignificant Greek economy.

What would happen to the all the investments (for instance in the form of treasury notes and bonds) made by foreign countries that are keeping the US economy afloat. Would they simply vanish into thin air, with the US saying: we're sorry but we cannot repay you and more interestingly, what would happen to these debts/investments if the US would replace the Dollar by a new currency?

China has 900 billion, Japan 800 billion invested. The IMF has said Japan is heading into the same direction as Greece and such a scenario would obviously cause a domino effect on probably all countries in the world.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Still early to tell, could simply be intimidation and not a prelude to an attack. I honestly wish Iran had some powerful allies to back them up if they are attacked, which won't happen. A few countries i can think of need to get one hell of a bloody nose imo, only then will they rethink their position on using unjustified military force around the world.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is definitly not good at all.

I also read this from a Hopi Prophecy site.

"The Hopis in their prophecies say there will be a religion that comes here. Maybe it will be true and bring unity, or maybe it will not be true and not bring unity. If it does not bring unity, a second religion will come, and the people of this religion are known in the Hopi language as the Bahani, the people of Baha. Ni means "people of". "

Baha is Bahai'ism, and Ni means "people of", and Bahaullah is from Iran.

It also said whoever has used the Gourd of ashes(atomic bomb) in the second shaking(ww2) will have it used on them in the third shaking(ww3).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Tom,
Please inform all of the fat happy people around the world that we will be stopping all aide. We will stop sending money and food to all of you under achievers. Along with staying out of peoples business ...we will also not come to anyones aide when TSHTF. If we stopped sending aide to the world... there would be a annual starvation rate of roughly 5% of the population. I 100% wish this would happen.. I am sick of sending our tax dollars to feed people of other coutries that hate us.. I hope the bad guys raid your towns and rape and kill your women and children. Big brother the USA needs to stop protecting and feeding people...Bad mouth us all you want.. we do allot of good too. I say SURVIVAL OF THE FITEST!!!! If your country cant feed its people.. too f'ing bad. If your country is attacked...defend yourself or die. This needs to be standard operating procedure!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

And since most Bahai live in Iran and are heavily oppressed by Iranian regime, the free world is now coming to their rescue! That would be nice, but it won't happen.

War is part of an economic mechanism. They outsourced nuclear technology to Iran and now they have a viable excuse to apply "measures".

No one is going to be fooled this time.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Send aid. Local warlords sell it on the black market. Buy American weapons for that money. Good for American war industry.

Evil hiding behind aid? Nah... Only good intentions (that pave the way to Hell).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
Sending more carriers into the region look's like Obama is just flexing one or two more times before its too late for flexing.

Nah, I think obama is just having a little (childish) fun finding out that it's "cool" that he can just say the word and all kinds of big ships move around the world. Probably even has one of the White House bath tubs set aside for "war games".

But does obama have the cojones to actually push the button or tell the military to "go get 'em"? I really doubt it.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylee

Germany has sent a battleship in with our carrier group, so they will be dragged into this when Iran blows up our carrier group after we or Israel attacks.

I really get the impression the Germans will be in on this too big style. Merkel seems to dance to Israels tune, maybe she sees this Iran issue as some bizarre opportunity to repay a debt to the Jews. At the same time Germany will flex its muscles again sometime now, the war and its population are a memory, the new Germans will want some action on the world stage for sure.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sequence of events:
1) Israel threatens to invade Iran.
2) U.S. responds to surround Iran.

Now you can interpret this one of two ways.

1) U.S. follows to bow to Israel
2) U.S. tells Israel to back-off

Consider the sources, the answer is obvious.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
USA is most to suffer in these wars and I am just sorry for them.

You feel sorry for them? So they've lost a well over a million civilians to foreign aggressors? Are you kidding me? You feel sorry for America? They go along with it. They still call their military thugs heroes and throw parades for them when they come home. They still cheer when they take more land and rob more of the indigenous peoples of their families and lively hoods. The only time they stop and pause is when things aren't going so well, when progress stalls and their war buck isn't going as far as they'd like to see it go. If they blazed through Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan and Iran one after another in a few short years right from the get go in a fashion reminiscent of Germany in WW2, they'd be hungry for more. But things have stalled, money is going to waste, not much is being definitively won, Americans are disappointed so opinion polls wane. America is just an incompetent WW2-era Germany, nothing more.

"Spreading democracy" into Iran would be good for them. Instead of losing hundreds of soldiers to a decrepit band of mountain people with rusty soviet weapons, they'd suffer some tangible losses versus a real army with tank divisions and an air force.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylee

And who says Pakistan is going to stay out of this. Or more importantly China or Russia.

And with Pakistan playing their home Tests in England this year, that'll mean Britain gets dragged in on ..... er....... the Pakistan side?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

The BBC have just announced that 8,000 British troops stationed in Afghanistan have been placed under American operational command. Is this something to do with Iran?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Zombie,
Smoking to much of that BC Kind? Give yourself a reach around and grab your hair...pull your head out of your arse. We have saved thousands of lives. We have taken thousands also. We supply some countries with 70% of their food. But you must be right with your accusations..America is all bad.. And our people are just sheep.. WOW talk about sheep that follow..aren't you Canadian? People in glass houses, should not throw stones. I agree we should mind our own business.. Dont dilute this with BS..answer this question.. If Russia docked on your shores .. could Canada defend its self? Not a chance..Russia would have it's way with you like a naked woman in a locked room with Mike tyson and Big Ben Roths. Talk all the shyte you want.. You need us allot more than we need you. Because of a few bad decisions by our leaders.. your going to totally disreguard all of the GREAT things we have contributed to this world? Back to defending yourself.. I am pretty sure...Alaska could take canada out..solo. I love Canada.. I love Canadians... But I have had enough of you guys bad mouthing us...There is going to be a day when your crappy sand oil is needed or wanted.. When the big bad wolves come to take it.. I hope we hang up the phone on you. Seems that most of Canada hates the USA... So be it..Of course when your not being threatened by anyone..its easy to spout off and say you dont need our help.. but when the time comes.. We will be the first ones you turn to for help. So get off your high horse and stop bashing the USA.. Bash SPECIFICALLY our leaders that do the world wrong.. But get off of the peoples ass.. Your a boil!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Here's to it:

www.truthout.org...

Haitian farmers commit to burning Monsanto hybrid seeds

"A new earthquake" is what peasant farmer leader Chavannes Jean-Baptiste of the Peasant Movement of Papay (MPP) called the news that Monsanto will be donating 60,000 seed sacks (475 tons) of hybrid corn seeds and vegetable seeds, some of them treated with highly toxic pesticides. The MPP has committed to burning Monsanto's seeds, and has called for a march to protest the corporation's presence in Haiti on June 4, for World Environment Day.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Hmm, Dooper is that you Dooper ?

Post does sound familiar !

All this raping and pillaging is getting out of hand, I hope Russia and China go to Iran's aid or there'll be no stopping Rothschild's Army.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
why the hell can,t the usa stop interfering in other countries .
those blood thirsty idiots will not be happy until this planet is on fire.
USA YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DANGER TO THIS PLANET IN THE WHOLE OF EARTHS HISTORY .

Keep in mind that the majority of us in the US don't like it any more than anyone else. It's not nessicarily the people of this Nation making bad decisions. I hope you were referring to our 'political leaders' (pft) as idiots and not the people. Well, there are some of us whom aren't sheep.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If Obama thinks the American people where angry at the Iraq war, he hasn't seen anything yet.

This will incite a new level of anger. I personally think he wants to bankrupt the nation. This will do it, oh yes.

Not to mention the other ramifications like starting WW3 for starters.

WTF, is wrong with this man? Has he no heart?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

What exactly has he done that relates to war? If John Mcain was in office..Iran would already be a glass parking lot.. Do people think before they type..This is rediculous.. What president would you be happy with? What should his next move be Mr. political genius???.. A bunch of keyboard gangsters with empty thoughts and equally as empty words.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
All of you people that are debating the facts that the inspectors are presenting.... Are making accusations that are based on nothing but conspiracy theories.. You say the physical evidence could be planted?? You say they have no REAL proof.. Or we could have fabricated the proof.. What proof do you have of any of this?? So let me get this straight.. You are arguing the validity of the evidence... with no proof or evidence to prove this..If the truth does not fit... fabricate it and roll with it. WOW

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well to me this looks like knights and bishops moving into position to make way for the queen, but that's just me I guess. So far, when it comes to Iran, all I've seen are threats and no action coming from them.

To me it looks like Obama is preparing for war. Since you asked, you want to know what my next move will be? I would stay out of other nation's business and worry about problems here at home. Personally I don't want my tax dollars to go toward something I don't think anyone here would support.

You're right though, McCain would have already attacked Iran. Obama is just going about it in a more nonchalant manner. I think there is a similar Agenda.

I pay attention to what is going on in the world. To me everything points to war as an inevitability. Really, even if I supported it we couldn't afford it if we wanted to. That is a fact.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join