It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Armed Stand-off at Nuclear Bunker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A man has barricaded himself into Scotlands Best Kept Secret, after gaining unauthorised entry around 0130hrs this morning. The Secret bunker was a main Royal Air Force Radar Station which opened in 1952, but was taken over by the Civil Defence Corps in the 60's.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Armed police have been deployed to a stand-off at a former underground nuclear command bunker in Fife.
A man has shut himself in the bunker, which now operates as a museum, after gaining access at about 0130 BST.

Police do not know if the man is armed or not, but the museum has a wide range of weapons in its displays - including imitation firearms and knives.

Scotland's Secret Bunker is hidden 100ft underground below a farmhouse at Troywood, near Anstruther.

Firearms officers are at the scene but have been unable to trace the man because of the complicated layout of the building, which provides plenty of hiding places.

They are being backed up by trained negotiators

Related NewsLinks

www.secretbunker.co.uk...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I honestly think this is hysterical...i live about 30 mins away from Anstruther and we heard about this this morning..all of us were killing ourselves laughin. Yes..we know the seriousness of the situation...but common...the secret bunker lol

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Gryffen]

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Gryffen]

[edit on 8-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
guess the bunker wasn't so secret after all...
I wonder just how many nuts will fall off the tree today.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
well its was secret back then during the cold war but now its a museum.

Its actually really a good place to take school kids and learn about history...i loved it when i took my cousin.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
they should just look in the bar,he,ll be sitting in there with a pint in his hand,singing on the karaoke machine

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Gas the bastard!

or not...

Variable

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Do you think he has internet access down there? Maybe he's reading this thread now to see if an asteroid has hit or a volcano gone off!!

To whoever you are.. if you're reading this..

It's OK...don't worry.. the dust cloud looks quite pretty really, and we've all made arrangements to go over to Europe for a couple of weeks while the asteroid hits somewhere in Scotland... You'll be fine in that bunker. You'll have to eat all the cans of beans pretty quickly though, since the intersteller radiation from the blast make them harmful... If you eat all 24 cans in a day though..you should be able to survive on the absorbed calories.. do it.. quick!..

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by colinonu
they should just look in the bar,he,ll be sitting in there with a pint in his hand,singing on the karaoke machine

lol

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There is his fifteen minutes of fame...that is a new one to me. At least he picked a half decent place to hold up in, it could be worse...he could have taken his kilt off and refused to admit he didn't get first place.

(Inside joke for those who know about the blue ribbon.)

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What's wrong with him????

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If he's anywhere near right, we'll never hear the rest of this story. He probably believes an asteroid strike or nuclear war is coming in connection with the transit of venus.
Or maybe he's just bonkers. Maybe he's down there with no kilt and no ribbon, still saying "i dont know where you've been but i see you've won first prize".

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
An armed siege which began after a man broke into a former nuclear bunker in Fife has entered its second day.
Firearms officers and negotiators were called to Scotland's Secret Bunker near Anstruther, which is now a Cold War museum, at about 0130 BST on Tuesday.

The man's plans are unclear, but police said they hoped the situation could be resolved without any injuries.

The tourist attraction contains knives and imitation firearms, while its canteen is stocked with food.

Scotland's Secret Bunker is hidden 100ft underground below a farmhouse at Troywood, near Anstruther.

The complicated layout of the building, which provides 24,000 sq ft of accommodation on two levels, provides plenty of hiding places.

Day 2

things are gettin tricky now here...it was on local news last nite.,..more info as it develops

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Armed police staking out a former nuclear bunker in Fife said they are now talking to a man hiding inside.
Firearms officers and negotiators were called to Scotland's Secret Bunker near Anstruther, which is now a Cold War museum, at about 0130 BST on Tuesday.

The man is understood to be Ronald MacDonald, a 39-year-old who had been living rough in the area.

Mr MacDonald's plans are unclear, but police said they hoped the situation could be resolved soon.

Scotland's Secret Bunker is hidden 100ft underground below a farmhouse at Troywood.

The tourist attraction contains knives and imitation firearms, while its canteen is stocked with food.

Update2

Well...at least they are talkin to him anyway...was gonna make a sarky comment about McDonalds taking over the bunker but thats just my sense of humour today lol

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I had to bump this, the guys a genius! He painted a skull and crossbones outside the bunker before breaking in, grabbed some guns and started shooting at a skeleton before making it cups of tea. He then helped himself to the beer before donning a cape darting about and doing military marches, in between bouts of playing the fruit machine.

His names Ronald McDonald and one of guys involved in the story ( I think the guy he nicked the pickup off) is called William Wallace!

This story's had me laughing all day!!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen

Update2

Will he not going to be geting hungry anytime soon

[edit on 10/6/2004 by 300k]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
hello i'm new. Think this story is wack. What better way to get out of the sun than to hijack a secret bunker cleverly disguised as a museum.
lol

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I wonder if he will be billed for whatever food he eats?

new topics

top topics

join