It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Source A revealed!" : Secret UN meetings on disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Many of the regular visitors to the ATS Aliens & UFOs forum will have seen at some point in the last couple of years a reference to "Source A".

"Source A" is an individual that has been reported by a few researchers to have revealed details of secret United Nations meetings about UFOs and aliens.

(Stories about "Source A" did not really make a big splash within "mainstream ufology", if that phrase is not an oxymoron. As with many unverified stories about purported whistleblowers, "Source A" has had support mainly from a few people within the exopolitics community rather than most UFO researchers).

There have been several relevant threads here on ATS about "Source A", plus a few articles on other UFO websites. Relevant threads on ATS include:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The former of those threads highlights the following article by Michael Salla

Secret United Nations Meetings on Extraterrestrial Life Continue

On October 8, 2008, I met with the original source that disclosed that a secret meeting had been held at the United Nations headquarters in New York City on February 12 to discus UFOs and extraterrestrial life. The original source, Source A, discussed the most recent developments concerning secret meetings conducted under UN auspices to discuss UFOs and extraterrestrial life. The October 8 meeting was attended by Source A, Clay and Shawn Pickering (who kindly set up the meeting) and Bob Vanderclock. I spent a total of 4.5 hours discussing the UN meetings and related issues with Source A, and others present. Source A was dressed in full US Navy uniform with identifying insignia including name and rank. He showed me his military I.D. which confirmed his name, rank and pay scale. His I.D. card was valid for a three year period and had a vertical barcode on the left hand side next to his photo.

Anyway, the reason for this thread is to highlight an interesting new article about "Source A" over on the Reality Uncovered blog, "Ufology Exopolitics Special: Source A Exposed!".

That article involves an amount of detective work that is unusual within ufology (and is worth reading just for that reason, even if - like me - you have had limited interest in the "Source A" stories themselves).

It purports to identify "Source A" and reveal some facts about him.

After detailing the relevant detective work (and some amusing images of the person that the article suggests is the individual known as "Source A"...), the article includes the following:

With all of this information in hand, I decided to email Ryan’s source in order to get his view on the situation and request a telephone call. The information we already had was more than sufficient to nail this down, but this was, after all, the man who had personally met with Source A on a navy base and indirectly ended up vouching for him. I called him up a couple of days later and had a very productive conversation. Whilst on the phone, I told him that we had discovered the name of Source A and I wondered whether Source A had identified himself by name to him. He said he had, to which I replied “Richard?” he answered by saying “Yeah Richard, Richard Theilmann”.

As has so often been the case when investigating fantastic stories with anonymous sources and cloak and dagger intrigue, as soon as a chink in the armour appears allowing you to investigate the smallest aspect of it, the whole thing comes crashing down around you. The same thing happened in the Project Serpo case and was repeated with Gordon Novel’s RAM fiasco. One glimpse is all it takes in order to dismantle the lies and deceit that are always protected under a cloak of anonymity. Stories like these are anonymous for a reason: to prevent fact checking.

We have managed to uncover all of this information in a matter of days, and not one single part of the Source A story stands up to even the slightest scrutiny.

Conclusion

The question now remains, who has been hoaxing who? Have the Pickering’s fabricated this entire story from beginning to end, and Richard Theilmann is simply an actor playing out a role? Or are the three of them in on this together? Is this all a huge ploy by those in the exopolitics crowd in order to drive up the believer quotient and ergo increase their revenue streams? Or has this all been a work in progress screenplay by a group of people with an overactive imagination?

Well, when one digs further into the backgrounds of these three people, a strong argument for the screenplay hypothesis starts to emerge.

I would like to express my appreciation for the amount of work done on this item by its authors.

Those of us that follow ufology don't often get treated to material like this.

The relevant article on the Reality Uncovered blog is well worth reading (and worth a quick email/post acknowledging the work done...).

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 21-5-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this forward here, and also the links to the other threads as well. I have read about this and Source A, its well known by a few that these have been going on, Anthra Andromeda has talked about this very thing and a friend who has shared experiences with me as well.

There are even meetings that have taken place with leaders and officials in Telos, Mount Shasta.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This appears to be some damn fine detective work.

The boys at RU have done a thorough job on this one.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

That is very interesting and good detective work. At last, one of these "purveyors of phony stories" has been outed.

I have heard that the owners/operators or the Open Minds Forum are anonymous (not like the operators of this forum). It does make you wonder why so much of this hoax material gets so played up on that site. I am talking about the Caret Drones and also the phony story that the missing F-89 from Kinross was found by a dive company.

There may yet be some hope for "UFOlogy" if the weapons of the Internet, used by the fraudsters to sex up their yarns can be used to reveal the phonies.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Great post and wonderful to see a fraud dismantled.

It is a damn shame that these types are so well funded and openly accepted by so many people looking for truth.

I like Source A's Myspace page where he admits to being a male-salve for kicks with a pad-lock attached to his crotch...and of course his perverted quotes of him begging for female sex partners...what a class act, surly worthy of being our diplomat to the ETs.

I always find it funny when people who believe truly in UFO/alien contact all the while saying that the government is covering it up, while they insist these internet-actors are the real deal.

If the government IS truly covering it up...wouldn't it be logical that all these mini-celebrity Disclosure talking-head idiots behind all these little groups may just be "planted agents to discredit the official story"?

And if that is going too far...how about just assuming them to be "liars" getting "paid" to lie?

I mean seriously...Greer, Project Scam-o-lot, Dean, Wilococks, all of them!!! They are all sucking dollars from the gullible and pocketing it with ease...and while they do that, the subject of UFOs gets verified as a "joke"...

This makes UFO-ers look stupid...

For an agenda or by accident, it is clear that ALL of these little peddlers of disinfo/lies are all out for money (or out of their minds).

Great post...s&f.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Wow...you completely missed the point, didn't you?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Thank you for bringing this forward here, and also the links to the other threads as well. I have read about this and Source A, its well known by a few that these have been going on, Anthra Andromeda has talked about this very thing and a friend who has shared experiences with me as well.

There are even meetings that have taken place with leaders and officials in Telos, Mount Shasta.

As said by the wonderful member above-

I think you may have missed the point to this thread.

This thread is about showing evidence that these meetings are a hoax, and that all who have been swindled into trusting in them have been wrongly "played as fools" for a greedy and dishonest agenda.

I'm glad you take Anthra's information to heart...but you may do yourself a better service if you read the linked article in the OP.

It may help you decide if Antra's information is accurate or just more lies (intentional or not).

Good luck in finding somewhere to comfortably rest your truth seeking head.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
That is some nice work indeed!

Quoted for future reference:

Originally posted by Unity_99

Doomsday, I laughed.

[edit on 21/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
If the government IS truly covering it up...wouldn't it be logical that all these mini-celebrity Disclosure talking-head idiots behind all these little groups may just be "planted agents to discredit the official story"?

And if that is going too far...how about just assuming them to be "liars" getting "paid" to lie?

I don't think it is necessary to resort to blaming the Government for paying hoaxers.

There seem to be plenty of people within the UFO communit that are prepared to pay for books/conferences/seminars/DVD etc etc etc by hoaxers (not to mention inflating egos by listening to such people regardless of their failure to provide any supporting evidence for their claims) without the Government needing to pay anyone to discredit the UFO community.

Some of the members of the UFO community do a good job of discrediting ufology without any outside influence being necessary...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I have heard that the owners/operators or the Open Minds Forum are anonymous (not like the operators of this forum). It does make you wonder why so much of this hoax material gets so played up on that site. I am talking about the Caret Drones and also the phony story that the missing F-89 from Kinross was found by a dive company.

The same amount of hoax information gets posted on ATS, I would assume. However, much to the chagrin of some believers, ATS is not afraid to investigate and label hoaxes for what they are. A good portion of the UFO field suffers from a crippling and terminal confirmation bias. They care nothing about the validity of a claim, they exercise no critical thinking, as long as the claim supports their beliefs. And sometimes it doesn't even have to support their beliefs, they will read or hear whatever they want; see Unity-99's response above.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
I don't think it is necessary to resort to blaming the Government for paying hoaxers.

The will to believe is all too ready to produce, promote and accept disinformation. The government need not be involved, the UFO community does a fine enough job spreading disinformation and discrediting itself.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Nor do I...but, if aliens were really visiting us, and the government was really covering it up, then it would surly go to reason that some of these talking-heads are being supported by secret forces within the government.

I personally do not think that is the case...but, if all the "government cover-up talk is true", then yes...there would have to be some out there paid to twist the story.

IMHO.

But, I truly think you hit the nail more correctly on the head here (see below)-

There seem to be plenty of people within the UFO communit that are prepared to pay for books/conferences/seminars/DVD etc etc etc by hoaxers (not to mention inflating egos by listening to such people regardless of their failure to provide any supporting evidence for their claims) without the Government needing to pay anyone to discredit the UFO community.

Bingo...most of all these UFO-mini-celebrities are all obviously failures in life and trying to make a buck (and gain attention) from their inventions.

Some of the members of the UFO community do a good job of discrediting ufology without any outside influence being necessary...

You are damn right. Many are just plain liars...sadly, many more are just poor folks who have bought the hoax and have decided to invest in it.

That is why your OP here is very appreciated. As you said, it is a rare treat to see "detective work" this detailed in the form of debunking UFO-hoaxers.

All the best,

Isaac

Same to you and thanks for the good read (made my morning coffee time a real treat).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
All these events like this and blossom Goodchild detract from the real work being done in the field. Conspiracy? I doubt it, just unethical people preying on gullible ones.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I will be looking forward to a response on the revelation of the identity of "Source A" from UFODigest - an online UFO magazine.

According to an article posted on the website, Shawn and Clay Pickering and Source A were named the winners of the UFODigest "UFOlogist of the year award" for 2009.

The article indicates that Robert Morningstar, Editor of UFODigest, met several times with Source A:

After several meetings with "Source A," during which he presented his official credentials, official government IDs (plural) and naval career memorabilia, Robert Morningstar dubbed him "Squid," after a stealthy (otherworldly) submarine creature, as wells as, a generic name ("a term of endearment") for all U. S. Navy personnel rendering "Silent Service" to our nation and our Constitution daily.

UFO Digest - Ufologists of the Year 2009

It is of additional interest that Dirk Vander Ploeg (publisher and editor of UFODigest) wrote multiple articles promoting the authenticity of the discovery of the missing F-89 from Kinross until he finally admitted it appeared to be a hoax. Likewise, Robert Morningstar did a photo analysis of an alleged sonar image of an alleged saucer shaped object found by the alleged F-89 by the phony non-existent dive company. In his photo analysis, he claimed the saucer looked like it had been hit by the F-89. It should be mentioned that the images themselves looked like something passed through a Photoshop noise filter.

I wonder how many other people have met this "Source A" and have been taken in by his story.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by bluestreak53]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
here we go again. dangling the disclosure carrot. i want to believe so badly that our govt's will tell the truth if only once. i can taste disclosure. it's something. no the only thing to unify mankind. (end all wars) i hope this is true but i doubt it (fool me once).
i am sooo ready and waiting but i will only believe this when giant ships are hovering in my city

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
According to an article posted on the website, Shawn and Clay Pickering and Source A were named the winners of the UFODigest "UFOlogist of the year award" for 2009.
UFO Digest - Ufologists of the Year 2009

Interesting.

That article on the UFO Digest website claimed:

No other event in recent memory has so inspired, shaken, sparked, inflamed or divided UFOlogy. No single issue has caused a greater firestorm of UFO interest in mass media and the world public than the inception of the UN UFO Disclosure Initiative story, which continues to unfold around the world. The UN UFO Disclosure Initiative has propelled UFOlogy into the heart of geopolitics in the 21st Century.

Er, unless I missed something, this seems to be a MASSIVE overstatement of the level of interest in Source A and the claims that there were secret United Nations meetings to discuss UFOs and aliens.

As I mentioned above, I don't think many "mainstream" ufologists paid much attention to the unsupported and unverified claims of "Source A". This chap was really only promoted by the usual suspects within the exopolitics community plus Shawn and Clay Pickering...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if anyone was to post an authentic photo of an ET or UFO craft on this site, the nay sayers would still cry fraud. Well done Source A for puting the credibilty of ufology back a couple of steps.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
never heard of this source A ... well, good for me ...

the reality is that nobody here knows or will know a damn thing if they dont want it to

the good news is that we have a past, so we probably should focus studying our history then our present, since our present is completely manipulated by every single journalist, politician ...

the era of ufo and aliens video is definitely over in my opinion too, nowadays anyone can see an ufo, there are a lot of things in the air, anyone can fake a video, its impossible to prove a video isnt fake if they have enough $$ to fake it ...

thats why people should stop trying to find out whats going to happen or whats happening, and focus on what happened on our past, ancient aliens is here to show that there are a lot of strange things in our past and if we think logically about it, we may find the most amazing things

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
With reference to Unity_99’s classic reply in this thread:

reply to post by DoomsdayRex

reply to post by Mr Mask

reply to post by Chadwickus

and to the inimitable IsaacKoi for bringing this to our attention. And to quote our pet barrister:

There seem to be plenty of people within the UFO communit that are prepared to pay for books/conferences/seminars/DVD etc etc etc by hoaxers (not to mention inflating egos by listening to such people regardless of their failure to provide any supporting evidence for their claims)

Our Unity_99 is the epitome of the target audience such hoaxes are aimed at, ie., unquestioning believers.

Make even the most extravagant claims about UFOs in a serious and seemingly covert way, add evocative organizations and clandestine meetings and bingo, the gullible will flood to your support.

Is still stick to the theory that we are seeing a new type of role-playing literature being acted out on the internet and also in public. Consider this for a scenario: you’re a writer, and have a great story about UFOs, and you’ve written it to the best of your ability. Everyone says it’s fabulous, but you can’t for the life of you get it published. And the bills keep rolling in. The problem is, there are countless other writers out there all trying to do the same as you.

So, if someone suggested that you could make money out of it, perhaps not a lot, but more than you’re getting presently, and all you have to do is play-act the story as being real, would you do it?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Denying ignorance takes reading past the first lines - this thread is about your guy is a HOAX!

Sad...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join