It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is a joke....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
In a way I always said if we just make Mexico and all of South America part of the USA, they'd be fixed up in a heartbeat because they'd be assured of the same money laws that we have (min wage, health, etc) and there'd be no need to come into our country to try to have a better life. I'd be all for that. May as well; we're all neighbors anyway, shrugs.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by tauempire

Well to be fair only the welfare recipients fall into this category, and I am an american and she sounded like all the fat and lazy and dumb welfare cases I dealt with at work on a dialy basis.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

Really now? Really????? only the Welfare recipients fall into the 'fat lazy twinkie eating 400 lb lazy bum' category?
Try telling that to the family who lost their jobs during the economic # we just are getting over slowly from and who lost their 300,000 house and are now collecting welfare to survive and are not 'fat and lazy' but got an economical beating.

Try telling that to the elderly couple who survived best they could yet also lost all they had from the economy crash and are now depending on welfare to survive since their social is gone.

I was unemployed after being management at a restaurant for 4 years and I eat healthy, go to the gym, take very good care of myself and my son and I about had to go on welfare too to help us get by til by the grace of God, I found work at Mcdonalds. Yes, Mcdonalds. I was without a job for 11 months and had to go to food pantries, was finally looking to get on medicaid for me and my boy and to get food stamps and other moneys to help us keep our little home. I don't lard up on twinkees and watch tv all day; dont even HAVE tv and sugar and stuff is disgusting.

So stop stereotyping people just because a handful on Jerry Springer suck and because quite a few people who don't deserve welfare have it. Not everyone on it wants to be on it; it kills pride fast and all you wanna do is find anything to get back into the grind. I'm grateful to be at mcdonalds. 37 years old, folks. In school currently with a 4.0 gpa at devry for the first time since graduating high school in 91. So no, not everyone who needs welfare are losers. I dislike those who DO take advantage of it, working cash jobs and using welfare to get food and stuff and robbing from those who desperately need it, sure .

But ALL recipients are not 'fat losers who weigh 300 lbs and don't want to reach for their remote cuz they may lose their twinkees."

Stop believing Springer and the Weekly World News magazine, all right? That comment you made was plain out ignorant. You know better.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
......THIS IS A JOKE!!.......

happy now?

<< 5  6  7   >>

join