It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is a joke....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by Ahmose

I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. These people vote!

I think that a large majority of people in 'so called
"civilized" societies/cultures...
are frighteningly dumb.

Your post reminded me of a book suggested to me by a friend. It discusses how modern society mirrors a human zoo, and promotes behavior/disorders that arise in wild animals who are kept in captivity. I forget the name, but a quick google makes me think he was probably talking about The Human Zoo

haha, yeah bro, no kiddin.

they not only vote...
they also breed!

sounds like an interesting read.. Ill have to check that out! thanks!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yeah, the caller was pretty ignorant, but the host was also an extreme prick. You don't use knowledge against someone and then trash them. No, a real knowledgeable person helps the person with not as much knowledge understand.

You see, the thing is people aren't going to want to understand your perspective when you slander them about there opinions. Instead of doing that, you should always try offering another perspective. If they don't listen then that's their loss.

But hey, that was a radio show and it's all about entertainment.

In fact, who would even waste time wanting to listen that crap? I'd rather listen to Justin Bie... wait, maybe not.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

You don't use knowledge against someone and then trash them. No, a real knowledgeable person helps the person with not as much knowledge understand.

Are you kidding?

You can't re-eduacate a moron.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh Andy does that all the time.. you just have to roll your eyes and ignore it. saves making wrinkles where your smile should be

[edit on 22/5/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Are you kidding?

You can't re-eduacate a moron.

Says who? People get programmed every day. They have their head filled with absolute junk about themselves and the world. Much of it coming from the mass media.

If you can program people with crap, you can deprogram people as well. After 9/11, a lot of people lost their programming for several years and starting finding their own answers. All you need is motivation to change and become a better person.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah. Just takes a lot of patience. Again, people shouldn't be forced to believe in a certain point of view, but allowing them to be taught the perspective shouldn't be removed. I guess if they refuse to listen then that's just their problem. Maybe they're part of the problem but eh, hurling abuse at them isn't exactly gonna make them like your point of view anymore.

Then again, I can't say I really practice what I preach sometimes. I mainly just accuse the opposition of liking men. Works like a charm.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
wow, how comes americas got so racist towards immigrants
[edit on 21-5-2010 by boaby_phet]

You left out the operative word ILLEGAL!
Immigrants are fine ILLEGAL ALIENS are not.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
Well, I think that lady just set a new standard for stupidity. In all fairness though, I have to say that being an American myself I think many of "us" are full of ourselves when it comes to letting in illegal aliens. The white man conquered this nation half of which was occupied by mexicans and native americans. You can say we "bought" it from them fair and square, but we didn't. We had wars with them and pretty much forced or cheated them out of their land with "money."
Frankly, I don't blame the mexicans for wanting to come to America. It takes years to become a citizen now. In the past you may have been able to come over on a boat and simply sign a piece of paper when you got here telling them your name and such. So, in the end us Americans need to back the hell up and find a constructive way to deal with the influx of mexicans.

I'm not sure what that means "many of us are full of ourselves when it come to letting in illegal aliens," but I'm assuming it's meant to be derogatory--correct me if I'm wrong. I'm 1/4 Cherokee Indian myself and hold no animosity toward the country our founders built. Most of the rest of me is Irish and French, and my ancestors came here in the 1590's. They were Protestant slaves in Europe formerly, who banded together and escaped.

Were the Indians here first? Of course. Did we take land from them? Some of it. Is this wrong? Maybe, maybe not--but like it or not this is how ALL nations are formed. You can't name a single country in the world's history who hasn't "appropriated" land from someone else at some point. If they didn't, those nations would not exist. If you want to be technical about it, England took the land from the Indians, then WE took it from England. There are also plenty of instances of Native tribes taking land from other Native tribes in the interests of expansion.

As for sympathy for people facing difficulties in coming into our country legally, I have none. Your post seems to imply that it used to be easier to immigrate here, and that now it's so difficult. In all sincerity, and no intended contention, you really should do some research on Ellis Island. The people coming into this country now have it 100x easier than the post WWI immigrants did. Read the history and you'll see how lax we've really become.

I do agree with one point of your post. I also do not blame Mexicans for wanting to come here. Like Savage likes to say, our country's not so bad...that's why everybody's trying to get in, and no one's trying to get out.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I've pretty much gone back in to lurker status on this site due to all the freakin morons...but Jesus H Christ. Tell me this is fake....for the love of all that is good an Holy, tell me this is fake...

I don't think that I could possibly be remotely American anymore if these are my fellows...When 2012 or the NWO hits...we WONT #ing miss your dumb asses

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Yeah, the caller was pretty ignorant, but the host was also an extreme prick. You don't use knowledge against someone and then trash them. No, a real knowledgeable person helps the person with not as much knowledge understand....

But hey, that was a radio show and it's all about entertainment...

Finally, a person's thread that gets down to the nuts and bolts of the flaw in this country! Knowledge is power and it was obvious that the radio host was exerting his power. Instead of helping the caller to understand her point of view and why it was not making sense, he belittled her lack of knowledge. He used words and ideas without definition to a caller that may be lacking education.

I do not believe the call was a hoax because I have heard similar arguments by people I am familiar with. These people in my community might have a high school education, if they were lucky enough not to have been forced to quit school to get a job or work on the farms. They might know a little bit about business and law. The host could have, at the very least, offered the correct answers to his loaded questions.

The media is one sided and that side is in favor of their sponsors. The caller was correct about American Greed being a problem, she just doesn't understand why or how it is a problem for everyone and not just those who want a social handout. She was also correct about how the America's first got settled but failed to point out that the laws were made by the conquering force with guns in favor of the Europeans. But that reasoning no longer holds up under scrutiny because it happened centuries ago and some things have changed since then. We do have laws. Breaking them results in a risk of getting caught and suffering the consequences. Arizona only passed a law to enforce an existing law. Yes it is inconvenient, yes it will result in profiling but how else are they going to enforce a law unless they have the authority to do so?

Unfortunately, as Whine Flu pointed out, the radio show is for entertainment purposes not education.

As for the original topic of that caller's unfortunate verbal spanking, Illegal immigration: I still say we should make Mexico a state.

Before you dissect my proposal, the above is only a quick glance summary. There is much more detail involved. I know I have been rambling but I am so frustrated with the mentality of every knowledgeable person out for themselves while disregarding the impact the ignorant make. We all vote and if you think it is a no-brainer, think again, many of our citizens (enough to change a law) don't know the difference between reasonable and "sounds good."

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Yeah, the caller was pretty ignorant, but the host was also an extreme prick. You don't use knowledge against someone and then trash them. No, a real knowledgeable person helps the person with not as much knowledge understand.

Knowledge can be an issue, but at the end of the day, I really don't think this is about knowledge. This is about an egotistical pissing match. That's exactly what political argument is these days. Savage isn't some open minded person, he's "my way or the highway". He calls his so-called opponents "red diaper doper babies". Here's a gem from the guy:

On his September 21, 1999 broadcast, Savage said that the motivation for female students who come from a Marin County private school to feed and provide services to the homeless is so they "can go in and get raped by them, because they seem to like the excitement of it..."[54]

Why in the world is this man taken seriously by anyone? He doesn't seem that much brighter than the woman who called him.

It seems this is what political discourse is these days though. It's not even two steps above a South Park episode. It's not about solutions. It's about one side being right and the other being wrong. The kids have taken over the play field. Personally, I've come to the point where I think even voting is useless. The masses are easily swayed by the clip brokers. They vote for who the establishment wants. The Tea Party is overtaken by neo-cons like Palin. The left has no serious movement of it's own. What choice is there? Third party, sure, pretty much useless though. Americans will never stop voting for the two parties. People are screaming how come November they are going to get all new people in there and change it. No, you aren't. The agenda continues as it's supported by something far bigger than the parties. I'll bet every dollar I've got on that point.

Blame who you want-Illegals, welfare leeches, neo-cons, Obama-At the end of the day nothing is accomplished.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Of course its useless to vote. I cant think of anything more pointless than politics.

Politicians are the desk clerks to the bankers.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Detroit Woman: 'Obama Money' (Audio)

Ken Rogulski, WJR News, interviewed some people waiting on line at the Cobo Center in Detroit to apply for stimulus money.

Transcript

KEN ROGULSKI: Why are you here?

WOMAN: To get some money.

ROGULSKI: What kind of money?

WOMAN: Obama money.

ROGULSKI: Where's it coming from?

WOMAN: Obama.

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get it?

WOMAN: I don't know. His stash. I don't know. I don't know where he got it from but he's giving it to us, to help us. We love him. That's why we voted for him. Obama! Obama!

Here's how another woman responded to Rogulski's questions:

ROGULSKI: Did you get an application to fill out yet?

WOMAN: I sure did. And I filled it out, and I am waiting to see what the results are going to be.

ROGULSKI: Will you know today how much money you're getting?

WOMAN: No, I won't, but I'm waiting for a phone call.

ROGULSKI: Where's the money coming from?

WOMAN: I believe it's coming from the City of Detroit or the state.

ROGULSKI: Where did they get it from?

WOMAN: Some funds that was given by Obama.

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get the funds?

WOMAN: Obama getting the funds from... Ummm, I have no idea, to tell you the truth. He's the president.

Oh, my God.

Obama's stash?

freedomeden.blogspot.com...

Ok I think this proves just how stupid some people are in this country!

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Quadrivium]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

She isn't ignorant, she's a progressive - advanced thinking. Maybe you're the ignorant one who is making too much money.
----------
Spoken like a rightwing disinfonaut. A woman calls into Michael Weiner's show & she's not righty? Who else listens to this insane propaganda peddler? She sounds uneducated as you can tell so she must be a righty.
Progressive she isn't. You must perscribe to the backwardward thinking.
"Take back our country!"
The rest of us would rather move forward.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Knowledge can be an issue, but at the end of the day, I really don't think this is about knowledge. This is about an egotistical pissing match. That's exactly what political argument is these days. Savage isn't some open minded person, he's "my way or the highway". He calls his so-called opponents "red diaper doper babies". Here's a gem from the guy:

On his September 21, 1999 broadcast, Savage said that the motivation for female students who come from a Marin County private school to feed and provide services to the homeless is so they "can go in and get raped by them, because they seem to like the excitement of it..."[54]

Why in the world is this man taken seriously by anyone? He doesn't seem that much brighter than the woman who called him.

Yes, certainly.

Anyone that believes their tax dollars are what pay welfare is deluding themselves.
All American money comes from the federal reserve.

The vast majority of the tax dollars go to killing and torturing innocent people via the military, police, schooling, and hospital institutions (houses of pain).

It seems like a strange form of masochism people indulge in.

I guess it's my fault,
blame me.
come on,
I'm weak,
hurt me.

we can all become little shredded pieces of our former selves.
:-) *hugs*

Of course there are alternatives.
Such as being confident, loving and harmonious.

beauty and joy,
sprinkles and dandelions,
green grass, herbs, bushes, trees.
stream, hut, tribe, warmth.
love, tranquility.

Peace be upon you,
may you carry it with you.
Touch others as you have been touched,
blessed from the heart,
be your future self now.
:-)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow - this caller thinks that America has 600 million people and doesn't know where Obama finds the money to fund her own welfare cheque?

She thinks illegal immigrants fund welfare through the taxes they pay on their income?

She is , unfortunately, an insight into the education on such issues in today's schools, and a pretty food representation of the knowledge of many people legally allowed to vote.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Its Micheal savage his call screener looks for nuts to put on makes him fell smarter. ill refrain from telling you my views on him other then to say he purposefully looks for the stupidest things so he can rant about how smart he is. His ego has no limit most call screeners would not have given this woman face time.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by babybunnies

Its Micheal savage his call screener looks for nuts to put on makes him fell smarter. ill refrain from telling you my views on him other then to say he purposefully looks for the stupidest things so he can rant about how smart he is. His ego has no limit most call screeners would not have given this woman face time.

We also have to understand that Michael is a Jew, anyone who is outspoken like that who also believes in God is BS... just like Alex Jones.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Harrington]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Harrington]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this it made my day. "Obama pays for it" lol.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sadly we have people on ATS like this caller maybe not quite to the extreme but some who want open borders hmmmmm outkast

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join