It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is a joke....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is person is 100% trolling. Can't you hear that they are holding back a laugh the whole time? Especially in the begging of the conversation.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this girl is an idiot.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What is so progressive about theft ? I thought that was rather primitive.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think that the sad part is that this is not the first time I have heard this, nor will it be the last. I find it very disconcerting that many people are ignorant on how the country really works and where the money really comes from. It is a very sad state of affairs, when people fail to realize that the money the federal government gets comes from the very same people who work and pay into the system in the way of taxes, and every time something is purchased, the taxes that are collected go to the government as well. It is the very people who pay and keep the country going that help pay for welfare and other programs to assist people in times of need. We should all not only feel pity for those who just think it is the President who is going to just help them, but fail to realize that without their neighbors who are working hard, they would be without any aid at all. I also find it very disconcerting that many think there needs to be a limit on how much money a person can make, failing to realize those who are willing to work hard to make millions of dollars are the very people who can help and bring this country back from economic ruin.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Oh this thread is hilarious. I've burst into laughter a few times. who would have thought i would find comedy on ATS. "Obama gets the money from his Stash" i nearly fell on the floor.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't think it is a joke at all. However, it does sound like a setup, and a bit more than unbelievable, but them some of the responses being posted in reaction to it are equally as "stupid", aren't they?

However, weeding through the responses, some have shown an insight and intelligence, but for the most part, many of the posters are not quite "getting it".

Actually, talk show hosts love this kind of thing to make them feel and appear "superior" to the chatter. I wonder if she was paid to make that call. Worse are those who are in agreement with her about open borders, welfare, and income levels for working people. It was a rather dull moment to say the least...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My ears are bleeding now.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, I think that lady just set a new standard for stupidity. In all fairness though, I have to say that being an American myself I think many of "us" are full of ourselves when it comes to letting in illegal aliens. The white man conquered this nation half of which was occupied by mexicans and native americans. You can say we "bought" it from them fair and square, but we didn't. We had wars with them and pretty much forced or cheated them out of their land with "money."
Frankly, I don't blame the mexicans for wanting to come to America. It takes years to become a citizen now. In the past you may have been able to come over on a boat and simply sign a piece of paper when you got here telling them your name and such. So, in the end us Americans need to back the hell up and find a constructive way to deal with the influx of mexicans.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm thinking the caller was a troll.

I'm not proud of it, but I've done things like that when I was younger just to annoy people (The 700 Club probably still has my number blocked
).

Admittedly, the caller sounds old enough to have outgrown that sort of behavior, so I could be wrong.

On the other hand, it could just be a very bored, very juvenile adult.

Let's just say I hope it was a troll.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Have you noticed how, ever since the "counting chads" incident to decide a presidential election, all these "crazy people" are from Florida? What is it about that state? I am sure there dumb people in other states. Perhaps it's just in the other states they have enough sense to keep their mouth shut.

What would have beeen really interesting would be to have questioned her education level. Unfortunately, I've known college educated folks who had this kind of stupidity.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A perfect example of why America has fallen. It seems a majority of people are just as mentally challenged as this women. After multiple generations of TV and media brainwashing this is the result.

And to those complaining about Americas hypocrisy on borders that is also a direct result of a dumbed down populace such as this women illustrates and allowing politicians to do as they please around the world in the name of America. it doesn't represent me however as unfortunately I am out numbered.

We used to have pretty open borders and didn't worry much about illegals until the rise of the welfare/warfare state provided a big incentive for them to come here in droves.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
She probably had the cue cards in front of her while on the other phone line in the studio. This crap is calculated for the type of response people are making.

People are arguing exactly what the host wanted argued, lib v. con, left v. right, red v. blue, bush v. obama.

But does it matter? I really have to wonder. Even if this woman was real (and I seriously doubt it after listening to the call and knowing what a faker Savage is), what would it matter if she thought the way she did? She's one person. She's allowed to think however she wants. As for the idea of most Americans thinking this way, well, most American's aren't thinking at all. They are watching rock of love reuns and eating Ben and Jerry's or something. Go ask your average person about politics. What you will get is a string of rhetoric clipped from the media they consume on a daily basis. You will not get actual "thought"

Savage is just one of these "clip brokers" planting those seeds in peoples minds. You've got Olberman, you've got Beck, you've got so many out there doing it.

If you are still arguing Liberal/Conservative you just aren't getting it. At the end of the day it's only one group of people running the show.
whoyoucallingaskeptic.files.wordpress.com...
Hello, look at your dollar! That caller, real or fake, is of no significance. Savage is nothing more than a tool. Obama is little more than a placeholder.

Flame away.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

give me a break.....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'd love to say she was faking.. but honestly.. she sounds like the vast majority of Progressives to me.. complete idiots.

She is stupid, however, there's idiots on the other side of the coin too. People who spout rhetoric and don't even know what they're saying is a lie.
Or else they know it's a lie and don't care, which is worse than being an idiot.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

i agree with alot of what your saying in the way of that i dont even believe there is a split in the democrat and republican party. in reality both have the same agenda and just pretend that they are against eachother to solicit votes from the american public. i find people who debate about topics in my college funny because they are already off topic, distracted with ploys to "energize the base" both political parties are for illegal immigration, and most americans are against it for these reasons. 1.) democrats want votes 2.) republicans want illegals in to please big businesses and drive down labor costs. and the only reason i say americans are against illegal immigration is because illegals are being used as a tool to drive down labor costs, not because of race culture or displacement etc etc that people think, the only real reason is that illegals are used as a union busting tool. one thing i can say for certain on this confusing topic is that illegals should never be payed below minimum wage and should never be denied workmans composition

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
she did make some poor remarks but mostly what I feel happened, is that she was just overwhelmed by that presenter constantly bluffing her out... hek on a phone talking to some shark like that even I would get nervous. now for sure she is not the brightest light out there but I could quite clrealy understand what she was TRYING to say and I must agree with her... How many people could be sustained by the us? uhmmm.... wasn't it something like every person alive today could get a pretty massive piece of land if they would just divide Texas equally? I'd say American soil can sustain a hell of alot of people... she just didn't have her answers readily available but her mentioning borders being thrown out.. I see 1 reason and 1 reason ONLY to not do that.. it'd be hella dificult to get taxpayers money if the government doesn't have an eagles eye on who's doing what... without borders that very thing would prove impossible since anyone can go work and take the earned money out of sight from TPTB. that presenter never gave the woman a fair chance to proof her point....

Its all about the money.... I saw some graph presented here on ATS wich showed that (to be safe I'll scale it down since I thought it was even higher) the top 20% of the people in america own MORE money then the bottom 80%... her mentioning people making to much money can only mean this... and I'd have to agree with that... never before have we had such an overwhelming amount of money transfered from the lower- and middle-class TO the upper-class as we have seen in the last couple of years... the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer

[edit on 21-5-2010 by faceoff85]

You are ill-informed. In the days of the "enlightenment" (the original liberal movement) there was much more drastic wealth inequity.

But that's not even important. "Divide the land..." you know what's wrong with this country? The fact that we allow someone to work for twenty years and then for the next forty that same person has to produce NOTHING but sits like a leach on the tax payer.

That's right - pensions and retirement killed us.... It's a nice slow death but you can thank the unions and the corporations that were using "pension plans" to get around the lack of funding for raises during WWII to set up the system that would essentially break us.

AT NO TIME have so many been sustained by so few. You talk about the 20% who have more money ... you conveniently forget that the top 10% of earners (and owners) also pay 90% of the freaking taxes.

So in essence you have 90% of Americans being supported by 10% of wage earners...

How about this - you invite your entire extended family to come live with you... for free. You support them all and they have no jobs. See how long you stay afloat. Greece is burning because of this flawed logic that "progressive" thought brings.

The best of intentions can kill you quicker than malice because malice takes a break now and then, but if you dont suffer a conscience if you think you're helping someone.

-Note... only ignorants and non-Americans will gripe about the U.S. and our foreign policy. It may not all be peaches and cream but those same bully tactics you whine about now are what keep countries like Iran and China from annexing your weak butts. Because they fear us you get to keep your sovereignty. Our massive might allows you to have such a tiny military that you couldn't even defend yourselves from a major offensive.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

Ding Ding Ding...

Thanks to Wikipedia but read this

The Whig Party was a political party of the United States during the era of Jacksonian democracy. Considered integral to the Second Party System and operating from 1833 to 1856, the party was formed in opposition to the policies of President Andrew Jackson and the Democratic Party. In particular, the Whigs supported the supremacy of Congress over the executive branch and favored a program of modernization and economic protectionism. This name was chosen to echo the American Whigs of 1776, who fought for independence, and because "Whig" was then a widely recognized label of choice for people who saw themselves as opposingautocratic rule.

I know people like to crack on the Tea party thing but I think you're seeing the beginnings of something real in the Republican party. People are getting fed up. Washington has been in it for themselves and self-preservation for a long time... The sleeping giant that is waking up is the masses of Americans that have too long slept in ignorant and apathy.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Dude, lady, Andy, whoever you are, if you don't like what America is doing, at least understand it is being done under the direction of those in charge, NOT by the average, hard working, taxpaying citizen like me, those I work with and so many millions of others. You see, it brings us to the very problem, the disenchantment and frustration that so many of us feel about the way in which America is being lead. Let me explain something to you , whoever you are. I don't torture ANYONE, EVER and neither does anyone that I know. All that I do is work my fanny off, pay my taxes, pay my bills on time, play by the rules and abide by the laws. So for you to say "Americans are hypocrites” and that we destroy countries is simply ignorant. Figures you would defend that ridiculous caller.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
America is talking about borders. America has virtually destroyed all countries it did not like, and this guy is talking about borders.

Americans = hypocrites, lol

Do you know that america kills and tortures people all over this world, no thought for borders.

Hypocrites.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by andy1033]

Yeah yeah Down with immigants and iGnance!!!

Oh wait, the op was about what now?

save teh whales!!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Funny video, thanks for posting it.

I think it was staged to up the publicity for the show.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Copernicus]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join