It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is a joke....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'd love to say she was faking.. but honestly.. she sounds like the vast majority of Progressives to me.. complete idiots.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by faceoff85
A case of illegal aliens who arrived 300 years ago calling the NEW illegal aliens criminals.... something doesn't ad up here....

We are not illegal aliens, and I resent your ignorant comment. My ancestors came to this country LEGALLY. All American citizens' ancestors came to this country LEGALLY. In order for us to be illegal aliens we would have had to have broken some law. Please tell me which law our ancestors broke. I'm sick and tired of people pointing to the fact that we immigrated to this land. It was NOT a country when we did that and it was only through our ancestors work that it became a country WITH LAWS.

All countries EVERYWHERE with the exception of maybe Africa are countries of immigrants. Please refrain from using this tired unfactual argument.

OI!!!! you're doing the exact same thing you are asking me not to do.... what about the native-americans? Just because they didn't write their laws down you feel as though you are the only one allowed to brag about rights? now THATS what we call HAUGHTY. The only reason your ancestors arrival can be called legal is because the native-americans didn't BOO you out like the government is doing nowadays... I understand all to well what the current situation is with its PRO's and CON's... But I doubt that the ORIGINAL "owners" of the land would have been so accepting if they knew what was gonna be done to their land... There is no single human responsible for this FACT... HUMANITY is responsible... for you to feel offended is quite arogant... As if everything aimed at america as a country is aimed at each individual citizen...

Oh BTW you ancestors did not claim that land legally.... they MADE it legal....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Wow.... just, wow.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

All I want is for people to follow the laws of the land. You are correct that America is a country of immigrants, LEGAL immigrants. If you don't like the laws then get them changed BEFORE you break them. What good is a lawless society? None. Who gets to decide which laws are OK to ignore? Nobody.

Americans being legally present in america is up for debate... Nowhere in the world today is the immigrating party allowed to make up the rules for immigration... When my parents moved to canada it was a painstaking process to get a visum wich had to be appointed to us by the government of said country... I dont recall the native-americans being presented with that option... instead they were being put into reserves, quite often FORCEFULLY. But thats just the way it goes right? the strong rule the weak and because they're strong the automaticallt have the "right" to do so... on the other hand there have been numerous advantages brought by those actions... and offcourse we need laws... that portion of the post I can only agree with... Its just the way we go about and literally TOY with human rights is what makes me tick...

@DONTBLINK

hehehe... yeah guess you're right.... I got heated up a bit to much... excuse me fellas.... but please dont write of my post caus of my "emotional condition". As with everyone's POV I could be right... maybe

[edit on 21-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The only reason your ancestors arrival can be called legal is because the native-americans didn't BOO you out like the government is doing nowadays...

But I doubt that the ORIGINAL "owners" of the land would have been so accepting if they knew what was gonna be done to their land...

I was only commenting on your use of the term "illegal aliens" when referring to Americans. You're making my point. You can't call Americans illegal aliens, so don't.

Your second statement sounds as if you think that Native Americans would have made written laws against immigration if they'd have known the impact to their lands. Are you now advocating written laws against immigration? Do you not see that it's the same thing with the now existing American laws against illegal immigration?

There is no single human responsible for this FACT... HUMANITY is responsible... for you to feel offended is quite arogant... As if everything aimed at america as a country is aimed at each individual citizen...

How else, but personally could I have taken your comment below? It was aimed at me personally being one of the people calling illegal aliens criminals. And, being one of the ones you call "illegal aliens" because my ancestors were immigrants to this country. If you feel it’s arrogant, sorry about that, but it doesn’t change the insult to me.

A case of illegal aliens who arrived 300 years ago calling the NEW illegal aliens criminals.... something doesn't ad up here....

[edit on 21/5/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Let's not get carried with the laughs here. She's to stupid to understand anything except for using a phone. Not everyone on welfare is democratic also. It is a great program to help many Americans you would never notice that can barely make a living. Of course many people, like Joe in the video abuse that. It is really something how American politics has become in the last one hundred years.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I was only commenting on your use of the term "illegal aliens" when referring to Americans. You're making my point. You can't call Americans illegal aliens, so don't.

Your second statement sounds as if you think that Native Americans would have made written laws against immigration if they'd have known the impact to their lands. Are you now advocating written laws against immigration? Do you not see that it's the same thing with the now existing American laws against illegal immigration?

For sure you're right that its not real nice to call americans illegal aliens... but remember I dind't make up that word... also its all a matter of perspective wether that name aplies or not...
I am actually PRO regulating immigration but DEFINETELY not in the way that is aplied nowadays.... the argument to allow a certain family in the country or not is mainly based on finances (offcourse there are other factors like a criminal record for instance) my parents moved to canada in 1999. the biggest thing they had to adhere by is that they needed to have ATLEAST 200000 canadian dollars... now I get that for a small part, nobody wants family's moving in only to fall into welfare... but 200K? if its not profitable, its not gonna happen... thats what I object to...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I apologize and take back my words... there is no need to offend And I am sorry for doing so. I would like to suggest to you to filter out the gist and read the message between the lines.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Listen to the inflection and tone of the callers voice. Firstly, it doesn't sound like a 'real woman'. I've been many places and knew some drag queens in my days. Suspected rag queen for real.

Maybe that's the reason for her/his "love everyone everywhere and we're all human" take on things.

Regardless, she/he is socially out to lunch......in my opinion...of course.

*Note, I only suspect it's a drag queen/transgendered person*

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I pitty this lady for her ignorance. She obviously has no clue where Tax money comes from, probably because she doesn't pay tax being on welfare.

As for the "Native American" being the only legal resident of this continent, they also came from someplace else, the history of the migration of peoples is fascinating and all of our ancestors came from somewhere else, legally or illegally.

Anyone ever hear the term WOP it stands for With out Passport and was used to refer to Italian Immigrants through Ellis Island who arrived illegally.

The treatment of the Native Americans by white settlers is a good example of the prejudice of the people of this country, the white settlers technological superiority over the natives gave the whites the idea that they could, push them out of the way either by putting them on reservations or killing them if they could not fit into white society, usually in the lowest most menial positions. “In the late 19th century, Congress developed a new policy toward Native Americans. Instead of isolating them on reservations, as had been done in the mid-1800s, the new policy sought to assimilate Native Americans into white culture. Congressional policymakers responded to pressure from two different groups. First, some wanted to suppress Native American culture by converting Native Americans to Christianity and turning them into farmers. Second, land-hungry settlers and speculators wanted the Native Americans removed from desirable land in the reservations. The Dawes Severalty Act, passed by Congress in 1887, addressed both concerns. The law broke up reservations and encouraged private farms. Native American families received individual plots of land, carved from reservations, as well as farm equipment. These families were to give up their communal way of life on the reservations and become independent farmers. But few Native Americans profited from the Dawes Act; the greatest beneficiaries were land speculators,” (1) who under the law were able to buy the best pieces of reservation land mostly at unfairly low prices. This policy did not really last very long as most Native Americans did not participate.
It can be argued that the lands "taken from the Indians" was bought from them, whether fairly or not in many cases this is true.

In this country the American flag can be burned and flown upside down (A traditional sign of Distress) below a Mexican flag (Illegal) on the grounds of a California School in the name of free expression. Illegal Immigrants can protest a change in the immigration laws, receive free medical service, and welfare support, and cross the border to have a baby in the U. S. thus becoming a citizen and stretching our citizen “emergency support system” to the breaking point, (FIA, WIC. Etc.) With no protest from the State or Federal Governments. But when an implied threat or actual attack occurs and the government “overreacts” by passing laws to limit the possibility of a repeat attack thus restricting our “rights” and civil liberties, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), files law suits and usually wins. The excesses of the past are reflected in the excesses of the present and the pendulum swings back and forth from liberalism to conservatism.

I have no problem with legal immigrants as this country was built by immigrants, but some illegal immigrants are here to do harm, intentionally or not, and this country needs to close its boarders to illegal trespass.

Throughout history it has been the immigrant peoples who have had to adjust to the prevailing customs of the new country, by learning the language, laws and customs.

(1) © 2004 The Unfinished Nation, Alan Brinkley

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
wow, how comes americas got so racist towards immigrants nowadays, is it because maybe they cant be seen to be racist against blacks now obama is president???

the woman is speaking perfect sence, the host is a biggot, simple as!

theirs been so much of this racist bullcrap coming from the usa lately, and even worse more people seem to be buying into it than are ignoreing it!

talk about brain washed! If it werent for immigrants their would be no USA, it would just be a massive bit of land enhabited by native indians the other indigenous people ... not white america!

and wow, that host is a complete racist dick,, its pretty dam shocking,

[edit on 21-5-2010 by boaby_phet]

I do not even think I should get into it with you, but I feel you really do need some schooling...

I am not sure what country you are from, but I assume your are not from English speaking country due to your lack of proper grammar.

First thing, America as a whole is not racist to immigrants as a matter of fact we welcome immigrants and diversity through the proper channels and laws. There are hundreds of thousands of immigrants coming into the country legally each year. You want to know how they do it? Legally! Read up on obtaining a Green Card.

How may I ask do you think the woman is making perfect sense in what she is saying?

She believes Obama is paying for her welfare checks out of his pocket!! Are you kidding? You think that makes perfect sense?

You believe all countries should have an open border policy? There is not alot of racism in America lately, it is the fact that immigrants are unchallenged and illegally crossing our borders in the southern states near mexico. We have no Idea who they are or their intentions. For all we know some of them could be terrorists or wanted fugitives in Mexico.

This is the harsh reality:

Border Invasion Videos and Pictures

edit to add:

Also I take it you agree with what she says about people making too much money and it needs to be more equal? If so I now know what type of government you prefer....

-Kdial1

[edit on 21-5-2010 by kdial1]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Thank you for that. It's encouraging to see such civility.
And, I will.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
wow, how comes americas got so racist towards immigrants nowadays, is it because maybe they cant be seen to be racist against blacks now obama is president???

the woman is speaking perfect sence, the host is a biggot, simple as!

theirs been so much of this racist bullcrap coming from the usa lately, and even worse more people seem to be buying into it than are ignoreing it!

talk about brain washed! If it werent for immigrants their would be no USA, it would just be a massive bit of land enhabited by native indians the other indigenous people ... not white america!

and wow, that host is a complete racist dick,, its pretty dam shocking,

[edit on 21-5-2010 by boaby_phet]

1. The people you're incorrectly referring to as illegal aliens conquered America. You can't illegally be in a country if you own that country. Or if there was no law in that country to begin with.
2. The actual illegal aliens are sneaking into America, followed by working low wage jobs or doing other illegal activities to support themselves/their families.
3. Also, Indians were fighting each over land, so by your logic, it would be illegal aliens who invaded a country of illegal aliens, which doesn't make sense at all.

If I have to make a thread to prevent people from making this easily avoidable mistake, I will gladly do so.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i agree and support her.. we dont need no borders.. we are all one by nature, humans! these countries, religions, borders are man made and bull#.. wake up people! she has the right thinking.. u are the ignored one!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by K J Gunderson

And, yet again you dissemble!

The thread is about THE CALLER and her comments and yet you immediately attack the show's host???

YES! I have to trust the host in order to believe it was a REAL GENUINE PHONE CALL. What do you not get about that? He is not a news man, he is an entertainer. He is known to lie. Why should I believe that was a real phone call?

I have yet to witness a single post by you that doesn't immediately dissolve into pure dissembling, deflection and obfuscation.

Real sorry about your problem but you cannot blame you myopia on me. Check my post history if you need to, otherwise shhhhhhh.

You continually defend people like the caller by launching pointless ad hominems at those who point out the callers lack of intellectual ability.

SHOW ME WHERE I DEFENDED THE CALLER!!!!!!!!!!

You are so busy worrying about attacking me that you fail to even take the time to read what I actually write. Either that or my simple English is going far above your head. You tell me.

I believe the "caller" is just a Weiner Shill and there is no defense for that. You assume and suppose quite a bit for someone who thinks they have me all figured out.

Birds of a feather methinks!

Yuck it up. Not my fault you do not understand what I am saying about 98% of the time.

On topic: This "person" embodies the nature of the progressive left - irrationality! They are driven by pure emotion and have no idea how to interject logic and rationale into the equation. They are a danger to themselves and an even greater danger to society as a whole. People like this caller make it painfully obvious that the gene pool could use alot more chlorine!!!

That is my point exactly!!!!!!

This "caller" fits your already stone carved stereotype soooooooo well, don't ya think? Weiner spends his shows TELLING YOU WHAT LIBERALS DO AND THINK. Then he magically gets callers that perfectly embody exactly the twisted stereotypes he offers night after night after night.

I find it hard to believe a BS artist entertainer should be taken at his word in such a manner to begin with.

I also find it hard to believe that all the "liberals" that call his show just happen to be the tiny minority that perfectly embody his set of lies as to what they are like. Hannity has the same scam running every night.

I also find it reallllllllllllllllllllllllly hard to believe that that person say on hold all that time just to say those things if they were a genuine person.

I also find it hard to believe a real caller that felt that way would make it past his screeners because they do not let just anyone talk to the good "Doctor."

Now, see if you can read what I wrote this time and when you resort to your usual personal attacks, see if you can make them make sense.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

First thing, America as a whole is not racist to immigrants as a matter of fact we welcome immigrants and diversity through the proper channels and laws. There are hundreds of thousands of immigrants coming into the country legally each year. You want to know how they do it? Legally! Read up on obtaining a Green Card.

For starters i'd say America welcoming immigrants is stretching it.... Have you ever tried to apply for a green-card (the one that lets you live, eat, sleep AND work that is)? Its not easily done... if you dont have the cash... you can forget it. trust me i've tried, with face-value they'd just laugh at me.. (cant blame them for that though:lol

How may I ask do you think the woman is making perfect sense in what she is saying?
She believes Obama is paying for her welfare checks out of his pocket!! Are you kidding? You think that makes perfect sense?

The womans statements are plain DUMB but.... the thought behind it is not!!! (except for the one remark about obama paying her welfare, that was hilarious)

You believe all countries should have an open border policy? There is not alot of racism in America lately, it is the fact that immigrants are unchallenged and illegally crossing our borders in the southern states near mexico. We have no Idea who they are or their intentions. For all we know some of them could be terrorists or wanted fugitives in Mexico.

Cant do anything but agree with you here... borders pose a great posibility to filter out threats and misdemeanors like tax-evasion.

Also I take it you agree with what she says about people making too much money and it needs to be more equal? If so I now know what type of government you prefer.... communism.... (in short)

Now here you are wrong IMO. since you're here at ATS you should be well aware of what has been done to the financial system put in place by TPTB.
You cant tell me you agree with the way a company like Goldman & Sachs for example makes their money? I believe the woman had an extremely poor choice of words to essentially bring this point to attention... the way banks get richer and in the end the working class paying the bills... Now communism has its bad aspects but the way the rich get richer in this world is in my opinion nothing more then ordinary theft wearing a legal coat

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I, along with the 600 million Americans in her head really should wipe some crust along the outer edges of our eyes. My intent on joining this site was to learn, debate, and sneak one in once in a while. I think this is going to take some time in my own head, but most threads are just more of what "they", "them" tell you to think and spew.

Unfortunately,

www.edgetech-us.com...

Jo might fall in the eyes sclera.

Hit the books people, and please, Obama, re-consider this person for inclusion in your welfare checks.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If the woman was indeed a legitimate caller , and not some planted stooge being used to endorse the views of the host , then the woman is truly ignorant and should be sterilized for the greater good of humanity.

What I find even more ignorant than her clear lack of intelligence , is all of you posters who are equating immigration control with racism.

THAT is the true ignorance that is being shown in this thread . I would like for just ONE of you to cite me a source showing that immigration policy is based upon RACE .

Your arguments remind me of just how STUPID a large percentage of humans really are .

The issue is about one's legal status , not one's race .

And , if you are one of the MORONS on here who are promoting the 'no-borders' stance , then I have an idea I would like for you to implement immediately.

As soon as you can break away from showing your ignorance to the world thru your posts , I want you to go outside and take all fences down that may border your property .

When you are done with that , take all the locks off of your doors and windows . Leave the keys to your vehicle in the ignition also .

What ? You refuse to do that because it would be stupid and ignorant ?

Come on people , don't be such a goddamned RACIST ! Saying that whoever comes along and robs you of what you have worked for is nothing more than a RACIST attitude on your part . So friggin what if they entered your home illegally , you are RACIST if you think that has any bearing on this .

I have another wonderful idea , let's try to find out who this idiot woman is , and then why don't all of you who are obviously related to her , let her move in with you . That way , my taxes don't have to help supply this fat-ass with a welfare check .

Once you have started supporting her crack-habit and six kids who probably have six different fathers who are most likely illegal aliens , then I can TRULY deny ignorance by not supporting it .

By the way , how many of you can find your hometown on a map ?

Want to bash America ? Just friggin leave and go to whatever cesspool country you feel is better.

And to all of you non-Americans who are ignorantly bashing us , PLEASE do what you can to get your governments to stop accepting aid from my country every time you find yourself in need of some type of assisstance .

I don't agree with everything our leaders do , but then again , how much control do you , as an individual , exert upon the decisions your governments make ?

Right or wrong , if it weren't for the USA , the world would be in a much worse state of affairs .

You people are pathetic , whoever you are .

[edit on 21-5-2010 by okbmd]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

The author is Desmond Morris

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I dont feel as if you've been talking to me, I agree borders are in our current society a true necesity. and I dont see how racism ties into all of this...
but I think you need to seriously consider the way you adres your fellow-posters... (been there, had my ass handed to me as well on this point
)

Want to bash America ? Just friggin leave and go to whatever cesspool country you feel is better.

Not a real nice thing to say.. shame on you..

And to all of you non-Americans who are ignorantly bashing us , PLEASE do what you can to get your governments to stop accepting aid from my country every time you find yourself in need of some type of assisstance .
I don't agree with everything our leaders do , but then again , how much control do you , as an individual , exert upon the decisions your governments make ?
Right or wrong , if it weren't for the USA , the world would be in a much worse state of affairs .
You people are pathetic , whoever you are .

I live in a country with a population of 17 million... we are/were the 2nd greatest contributers to charity only surpassed by a country with almost a 20fold on population... your country... but my retired widowed grandma doesn't even receive enough money to support herself... Dont EVER think i would stand up for my country... knowing more of the inner-workings all I feel is detest and shame for supporting this government.. I cant understand your nationalism. wanna know why? Thats because you, me, all the other posters on here and the rest of this world.... we are 1 people... who gives a rats a** about where you were born... I consider all of us victims of TPTB. For you to praise your government the way you do... wow. talk about a fanatic... I see those on the news here.. we call em hooligans.
On a more personal note, if it werent for the usa nobody would have died from atomic bombs... Offcourse the country deserves SOME credit... But just like all other superpowers today... the US of A is rotten to the bone... with the exception of some decent slabs of meat around the arse

Just to clarify this is not an assault at USA alone... I live in the Netherlands. I think the Netherlands is also a superpower, in the world of banking. Lots of people here on ATS feel bankers to be the ones ruling this world so in that respect I would call the Netherlands a superpower... now dont get me wrong, I take no pride whatsoever on this point. It means I hold my own country responsible for any number of things instead of this country always playing the "neutral stance" card.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join