It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome UFO photo taken in LA 25 years ago.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Soloist.....
Here are 2 pictures of hummingbird feeders.
Question: Are there hummingbirds in suburban LA? I’ll have a look at that.

Uhhh, thanks? Are you trying to say they don't look like the one in the picture? There are many different kinds...

Yes, there are hummingbirds in "suburban LA", I had bird feeders in my back yard in the Valley there. But now we know this was taken in San Jose, and yes there are hummingbirds there as well.

I still say trick of perspective, it's a real object (most likely a bird feeder) closer and lower than it looks.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't know the whole aliens flying around in hummingbird feeders seems a little far fetched to me.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Photograph is too damaged to make any clear assumptions.....peace

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
reply to post by poisonivy18

Could you post what it says on the back of the Image, looks like PSE pr PSS 83 ** 4 ****
Would really apriciate if you could post whats on the back as it's so hard to see. Many thanks in advance, and here is what I made out

I know it looks like a 5 but lost some of image quality, when I zoom in on the edit I did it defo looks like 83 as in 1983

NotAgain.....

Please see my previous post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Poisonivy18.....

Thank you again for helping us with this very interesting case!

I am posting the extra info you provided me in your e-mail:

Poisonivy18

Hey,

Im poisonivy18, here is the image, i have also sent it to dreamkidd and i think he has posted a link, let me know if you want anything else... from what i can make out on the back it says quality paper made in germany and AGFA but as for the numbers all i can make it is _SS 32 12 NNN 272 maybe? its really hard to make out

thanks, poisonivy18

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I don't know the whole aliens flying around in hummingbird feeders seems a little far fetched to me.

Zaiger.....

Maybe.....

..... it's little dehydrated "just add water" aliens flying around in a sprinkler!

.....maybe not!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We need to question that image. It ain't quite that awesome.

Note: that the UFO is above a neighborhood type power line. That is a cable line and connection box (not official name for it) right below. Above it would have been the actualy power line(s). Cable lines are always lowest.

What it is, I have no idea. It COULD be a UFO (since I accept them), but probably it is something else. I find the extremely narrow outer rim of the object a bit to distinct to be at much of a distance. Finally, that rim would make it a very unusually configured UFO.

Actually, I have a small foam UFO that is driven by a battery, battery and propeller, but such were not around 25 years ago.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
reply to post by milkmustache

ok, y'all can't tell by those shorts that it's in the 80's? and those 80's beer can example you give, they are bud light. not Budweiser ~ so the original budweiser can could have remained the same all those years

If you would have read what I posted you would realize you just said the same things I did, I think you meant to quote the original poster of the beer can image comparison.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Is no one wondering why a tree AND the edge of a fence can leave a shadow on a building but not a UFO? It is displaying no shadow, but the tree below it clearly has a shadow being cast onto the side of a peach colored building. There is no UFO in the photo. Look through the trees to see the blue sky and you can determine that the peach background is in fact the wall to a building, and the shadowless object suspended near the top is nothing, damn sure not a UFO. Where is the UFO's shadow? More likely a painting on the side of a building than a UFO the size of a basketball.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

I agree with your points, but you have to realize that it's irrelevant that it's not casting a shadow simply because anyone thinking it's a ufo is also assuming that it's not in front of a wall. However, I have been having trouble reconciling my suspicion that it's a light fixture for exactly the same reason. No shadow, and not a pixel of evidence that there's anything above it except the wall. So like you say, it could be painted on the wall, or it could be a fixture of some sort mounted directly on the wall.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

from looking at the photo in person all i could make out was PSS 32 12 NNN 272 its a guess tho... the PSS 32 12 im pretty sure on but the rest was really faded

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

um there is no wall there, its faded from being on the wall at our house for years... and there are pin holes in the side near the ufo or whatever it is because it wasn't actually the "object of interest" in the photo... its my mum and a family friend they were the original "objects of interest" in the photo...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by poisonivy18]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Just to be clear here, did your mom tell you there is no wall there, or are you making the call? Because there is reason to believe there's a wall there. I'm not certain one way or the other mind you, I'm just pointing it out.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

I've asked her and there is no wall there. She said there was nothing there just back yards... not even a street for it to be a street light or something

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Thanks poisonivy...now I really don't know what to think. Find that damn negative!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Thanks poisonivy...now I really don't know what to think. Find that damn negative!

Yuefo.....

I agree.....

That whole area of the photo is confounding.

We need the neg.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamkidd

Hi Dreamkid, im new on here, so bare with me, i like the photo and would like to talk me to you.
I think you have had a rough ride on here! Do you have anymore info or the negatives yet? Thanks and kind regards ''OPEN MIND COL''

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open minded Col
reply to post by Dreamkidd

Hi Dreamkid, im new on here, so bare with me, i like the photo and would like to talk me to you.
I think you have had a rough ride on here!

What?? He really is new on here!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
mmm curiouser and curiouser , so you have a picture of a possible ufo , but that actually wasnt the reason the pic was kept or pinned up , strikes me as a little odd, maybe natural fading has happened and enhanced this object to look at more intresting, it is strange how the fading stops at the tree.

Also what is happening in the picture , is the bloke spraying something with water?(I dont mean where the photo has been pulled away from being stuck to something) like a hose pipe?

Also pretty certain from the shadow line at the top of the tree that there is a building there

[edit on 27-5-2010 by gambon]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

Also what is happening in the picture , is the bloke spraying something with water?(I dont mean where the photo has been pulled away from being stuck to something) like a hose pipe?

I also noticed - and this might be a crucial bit of evidence - that he has a tattoo of Taz on his shoulder.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I know we are all past the cup, but I think it looked more like Daffy Duck than letters or Aladdin. Anyway, carry on, excellent work on the analyzing on all fronts everyone, much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join