It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Question about the Big Bang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I don't know what to think about the Big Bang theory.
What evidence is there that proves that this bang occurred?
How did they determine its age?

But this is my main question;

If the big bang occurred, where is the Epicenter of this bang?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
There's an incredible amount of information/knowledge currently online to answer your questions ... simply spend a few minutes with Google.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I did that, but I didn't find a satisfying answer.
www.physforum.com...
www.physicsforums.com...
physics.about.com...

Earth is dead center of the Spherical CMB [Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation] and of the 2dF Quasar, donut-shaped, graphs. No quasars near Earth; they all start virtually 2 billion light years away in EVERY direction. [A simple explanation is due to the fact that although Earth's local family of galaxies is moving at the Olympic speed of 600 kilometers per second, we are about the slowest object in the Universe - some 0.2% of the speed of light. Virtually all other galaxies are going much faster, leaving us crawling at the starting gate - virtually dead center. Due to the Big Bang explosion IN SPACE !] D. Tests proving general relativity limited to orbits of Mercury and other Earth bound satellites. [This does not prove homogeneity.] E. Einstein reported in his last autobiography that he could not ever apply general relativity to the whole field [Universe], only to gravitationally bound systems like the orbit of Mercury. Nor can anyone else do so today. [Again - this means NO homogeneity, therefore there are no known theoretical restrictions. Earth's location is unique!]

www.allnewuniverse.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If small particles spun and exploded, wouldn't everything that came off of it.. such as matter, that formed planets, all be spinning the same way?

We have planets and moons that spin both ways.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by tauristercus

I did that, but I didn't find a satisfying answer.

Ok, good to know that you at least did try ... in that case hopefully our resident ATS experts will be able to fill in some of those gaps for you

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

You could say that here is no epicenter, or the epicenter is everywhere. Big bang is not like an explosion. It is an expansion of space. Big bang is like an inflating baloon, with our universe being the surface of this baloon. Watch this visualisation:

www.astro.ucla.edu...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

It's a nice spherical model, but where is the Epicenter of it in space?
Where did "the air" come from that filled the "balloon"?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Epicenter, if there is such thing, is not in our universe. Our universe is just a boundary of this baloon, and is expanding everywhere at the same rate. We dont know where did the air come from, maybe from some another dimension?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Hmm, there has to be some point of origin for that as well or am I thinking wrong? Everything has to come from somewhere, even if it came from another dimension, that is a point of origin as well.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i have another question....

who put space in its place....?? i mean was it just "THERE"...there has to be a creative source(the one we call GOD prehaps?)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I prefer the multiverse rather than universe, i think the big bang was simply a collision of branes which gave birth to our universe. At the furthest points in our universe galaxies are being pulled faster and faster, i think that's our mother universe. Oh and im not good with science so i may be off in my opinion a tad. And noob, not everything has to be created, that's just your brain doing what it does naturally which is look for patterns. It's hard for us to understand that something can simply just exist and always has.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The big bang theory is a convenient answer to a complex question , best summed up by Terry Pratchett .
" In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded".

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

What ignited it?
And where an what did it spark?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That is the question that has occupied the greatest minds in science for decades , a question that we may never be able to answer with any certainty .
There may be bigger and better theories in the coming years due to the experiments being carried out at the L.H.C , but a theory is not an answer , its just a theory .
Of course the big bang may just be a figment of our imagination , there is a theory that the Universe has always existed , for me that's harder to deal with than the big bang .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hmm, that raises a next question.
Can it happen again?
Or does it perhaps happen all the time in various dimensions?
History is known for repeating itself.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I believe in quantum space:
This said I imagine a point entity,that has differing properties depending upon its orientation to its direction of travel in time...

Imagine a young woman with long hair, driving in a car with the top down.
As long as she faces directly forward, the wind blows her hair straight behing her head.
As she turns her head, to face the rear of the car, her hair is blown less and less to the back, until at 90 degrees, her hair is straight out to the side : neither forward nor backward.
When she is facing opposite to direction of travel her hair is blown in her face.
From this we see that as far as her hair is concerned, facing backward while driving forward is equivalent to facing forward while driving backward ...

OK:

The point entity I imagine, would represent the potential to give off a signal when oriented forward (force), the potential to receive a signal when oriented backward (space), and no signal potential when oriented at 90 degrees.

One way these point entities would interact is thus:
The Force Entity causes a Space Entity to change its orientation to forward while simultaneously changing it's own orientation to backward - The Force entity would appear to have moved.

Now how this idea fits with your question is, the 'air that fills the balloon' is actually the neutral entity changing from a neutral orientation to either a positive or negative orientation. At that point it becomes either force or space...

If that mechanism operated upon a statistical basis, with the chance of such a spontaneous Point Entity state change to non zero, being stated as X probability per cubic unit of space per unit of time that such a state change would occur , then we see that as distances between stars and galaxies etc., grew so too would the likelihood of the state changes occurring and so space would expand faster.... this could explain red shift without dark energy....

I wonder though what the +/- ratio of the newly emergent non zero entites would be? I am after all aware of the old non creation / destruction of energy and all... though I must ask if perhaps its the +/- ratio which is in fact conserved...

well enough babble for now .... hope I helped.

Be Well!

[edit on 24-5-2010 by FileZero]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by FileZero]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

nice answer

top topics

join