It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf of Mexico Oil Crisis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hi all,

I have made a webpage that has links, videos, and images. It covers NASA satellite images, NOAA links, oil tracking, news, green solutions, underwater videos, BP live feed, Gulf leak meter, maps, and photos.

I'll be updating the webpage frequently.

Here is the link:
Gulf of Mexico Oil Crisis

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Nice job.
Will spend the night ingesting all I can.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've updated the page. I added latest news, video of green solutions, and I found a higher resolution BP live feed.

morpheastruth.webs.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
starred and flagged for your website. Thank you so much for all your hard work. I've put your site in favorites bar so I can check it often.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
I've updated the page. I added latest news, video of green solutions, and I found a higher resolution BP live feed.

Updated news, underwater videos, and green solutions.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If you are interested in following this subject have a look at the link in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com

It shows you the daily updated size of the spill on Google Maps which you can place over your current location for comparison.

It is an eye opener!!!!

[edit on 3/6/1010 by Krusty the Klown]

Hmmm...not sure what I have done with the link, but I can't seem to correct it.

The website link is

www.ifitwasmyhome.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Thanks for sharing that great site.. I just learned BP now has live feeds for all 12 of the ROVs! Here is the link:

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've updated the page with more green solutions, news, and photos.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Cool site. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
I have a suggestion for the "Green Solutions" section...
Beeswax, It'll soak up hydrocarbons and no need to pick it up and throw away.
Info about it here... www.sti.nasa.gov...

Good luck with your website.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is good information

Allow me to introduce myself and intentions of my participation on forum. I currently am student at University of Massachusetts Boston and from the oil producing country Kuwait, over the next several weeks my focus will be on the MMS also known as Minerals Management Service, and why this agency should be held as the main perpetrator in the GOM crisis. Hopefully I can persuade many of you (Americans) to write/call politicians in your country, disband this corrupt branch and jail those responsible for the current crisis. Please excuse any anti-American rhetoric and understand my anger is directed at the Government and not the people of the USA..

Information that MMS doesn't want you to know

Investigation and Report
Authority On July 13, 2001, at approximately 0415 hours, an uncontrolled flow occurred on Well 1
during drilling operations on The William G. Helis Company's (Helis) Lease OCS-G
22190, Brazos Block 417, in the Gulf of Mexico, offshore the State of Texas. This
resulted in a blowout, injuries, and a fatality that occurred aboard the jack-up drilling rig
Marine IV (currently owned by Pride Offshore Drilling). Pursuant to Section 208,
Subsection 22(d), (e), and (f), of the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Lands Act, as
amended in 1978, and the Department of the Interior Regulations 30 CFR 250, the
Minerals Management Service (MMS) is required to investigate and prepare a public
report of this accident. On July 13, 2001, the following MMS personnel were named to
the investigation panel:

Investigation and Report
Authority On 8 August 2002, the jack-up rig Ocean King (hereinafter referred to as the “Rig”), was
engaged in drilling operations for BP Exploration & Production Inc. (hereinafter referred
to as “Operator”) on Grand Isle (GI) Block 93 Well C-4ST. The Rig was in place next to
the GI 93 “C” platform (hereinafter referred to as the “Platform”). Drilling was being
conducted with the Rig cantilevered over the Platform by using the existing slot of the C-
4 well, which had been plugged and abandoned (P&A).
Normal directional drilling operations were progressing through conductor casing set at
approximately 1,200’. The well had been kicked off at 2,421’ and drilling had reached
3,590’ when it was decided to make a short trip. During the short trip, as the seventh
stand of drill pipe was being pulled, the well suddenly began flowing. The uncontrolled
flow and pressure rapidly built up, causing the crew to close the annular diverter element,
sending the gas, mud, and sand flow into the diverter. The Rig and Platform were
abandoned, and shortly thereafter the diverted flow caused the end of the portside diverter
line to be blown off. The flow through this line subsequently caught fire and burned for
upwards of ten minutes before bridging. The flames of the diverted flow ignited
combustibles on the Rig floor that burned for several hours after the main uncontrolled
well flow had ceased.
The event occurred 8 August 2002 at approximately 0830 hrs. on the Operator’s Lease
OCS-G 2628 Grand Isle Block 93 in the Gulf of Mexico, offshore the State of Louisiana.
Pursuant to Section 208, Subsection 22 (d), (e), and (f), of the Outer Continental Shelf
(OCS) Lands Act, as amended in 1978, and the Department of the Interior Regulations 30
CFR 250, the Minerals Management Service (MMS) is required to investigate

Description A blowout occurred on Well A-5 ST01 BP 00 during the period from May 9 to May 18,
of Incident
2001, after the 13⅜–inch surface casing was cemented. The mobile offshore drilling unit
(MODU) Glomar Baltic I was cantilevered over “Platform A.” The rig is owned by
Global Marine Drilling Company. The plan called for the A-5 ST to be directionally
drilled with a drift angle of approximately 55 degrees.
On May 8, 2001, after the 13⅜-inch surface casing was cemented, a slight flow was
noted coming from the annulus between the surface casing and the 18⅝-inch conductor
casing. The diverter was closed and pressure started increasing on the annulus. Valves
and piping were rigged up to the 18⅝-inch A section to permit monitoring of pressure
and transport of fluids to and from the annulus. Throughout the night of May 8 and
through 0730 hrs on May 10, unsuccessful attempts were made to bleed off the annular
pressure.
On May 10, 2001, gas belched from the 22-inch drive pipe of Well A-10 ST01, located
one slot south of Well A-5 ST01. There were no gas bubbles coming from the A-5 ST01
drive pipe at this time. However, in the ensuing 15 minutes, gas bubbles were observed
around other wells at the water line. Within an hour, all 57 personnel on the rig and
platform were safely evacuated.
The flow eventually ceased, and the rig was re-manned on May 12, 2001. Attempts to
salvage the well failed, the well was successfully plugged, and the rig was released on
June 16, 2001.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Thanks for the info on the Minerals Management Service. Welcome to the forum!

Edit: No worries about being hard on the US government.. everyone knows it is corrupt. I'm an Independent because both the Republicans and Democrats are corrupt. I'm surprised that there aren't more Independents on ATS.. if you read enough online, you'll come to realize that both parties are corrupt.. it is very interesting to watch the Republicans and Democrats on this forum defend themselves or think they are better than the other party.. it isn't true.. they are equally bad.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread. This is something we should all be monitoring very closely, and thanks to you this will be much easier to do. Folks like you are the reason ATS is such a great sight.

Starred and flagged
......the papa

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've added 15 more photos..

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Thanks for the info on the Minerals Management Service. Welcome to the forum!

Edit: No worries about being hard on the US government.. everyone knows it is corrupt. I'm an Independent because both the Republicans and Democrats are corrupt. I'm surprised that there aren't more Independents on ATS.. if you read enough online, you'll come to realize that both parties are corrupt.. it is very interesting to watch the Republicans and Democrats on this forum defend themselves or think they are better than the other party.. it isn't true.. they are equally bad.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by Morpheas]

I will have much more info on MMS but not now, today is day off and i'm drinking wine and hating on BP also and not so important now I will edit my profile for the black Plague Pelican....Signed up for Hazwopper 40 hour course at school so that instead of returning home for the summer. I can better understand how the oil damage works when I help with the clean-up effort. Jobs are available just google them, BP requires 40 hrs hazmat + drug test and I think 4 hr refresher course. Better to acquire this on your own! Hazmat course is offered online for 350USD must score 70%. BP uses other companies for the hiring so contacting them(BP) about jobs is complete waste of time. I'll probably go to Florida since pay rate is better not sure I guess wherever the work is prevalent. The wetlands of Louisiana is my main interest, however this will probably not be cleaned until well is sealed shut.

If anyone needs to know about work opportunities just ask me and I can give more detailed info.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've added a lot of news to the webpage.. without ATS.. I wouldn't have found most of this news.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi all,

I've just added more news, green solutions, and photos to my webpage:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hi all,

I just watched Disaster in the Gulf: A Race Against Time on the Discovery Channel. It has a lot of footage that I never saw before.. worth watching.. It aired at 8:00pm, but it will be on again at 11:00pm.. so depending on where you live, you might still be able to watch. When I find online.. I'll post.

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY ON THE OIL!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Great job - I had not seen the vid of the divers under the sea, made me cringe!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hi all,

I've updated the news and added the humorous BP video. Also if you know of any additional links that you think should be on the webpage let me know. The whole idea is to have everything in one place so you don't have to search through all the threads to find links, videos, and photos.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join