It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells the Queen to shove it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Whether there is some sort of conspiracy is irrelevant.

The OP makes an allegation in the thread title but makes no attempt at backing up the claim made in the thread title and even supplies a link which offers no support whatsoever!

And people reply to this nonsense?

This thread should be called hoax, locked and discarded to some deep, dark and forgotten place on ATS.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
personally, its a broken pipe.... not that big of a problem unless you dont fix it, and industry is use to issues like this and I'm not sure why they keep dicking around with it. slip a bigger pipe with coupler over the break and route the oil... they keep showing us the pipe with a clear break.

and they could have muddied after about 72 hours. I wonder what is really going on, cuz. it doesnt appear they want to stop the flow. but we are talking 1 mile below the surface ... so maybe - I'm wrong - I just dont know. seems mighty convienant that brittan will owe us, and we are stuck with the spills affects ... all the reason to nationalize energy. kick the bums out. that what a Republic does it Regulates to protect things like the environment and little guys like us the population. and if foreign agents want to do some eco terrorism so the can pass legislation.... well, hang em. they aint worth the blood running through their veins. this world could be the greatest creation - if we can get greed and power out of existance.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

But wasn't the rig an American rig leased to BP? that to one side, how on earth do we Britons owe America anything for what has happened with BP?

BP's problem it fixes it and pays, then they can get the money back (if possible and it's not directly BPs fault) from TransOcean.

In line with that topic of one nation owning another for Coporate disasters, so what did American's owe Bhopal and India over that disaster and the thousands of deaths atributed to it?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by bakadesu

How is he telling the Queen to shove it? The queen has no power.

I think you'll find the queen still has plenty of power both domestic and abroad

Domestic Affairs
The appointment and dismissal of ministers;
The summoning, prorogation and dissolution of Parliament;
Royal assent to bills;
The appointment and regulation of the civil service;
The commissioning of officers in the armed forces;
Directing the disposition of the armed forces in the UK;
Appointment of Queen's Counsel;
Issue and withdrawal of passports;
Prerogative of mercy. (Used to apply in capital punishment cases. Still used, eg to remedy errors in sentence calculation)
Granting honours;
Creation of corporations by Charter;

Foreign Affairs
The making of treaties;
Declaration of war;
Deployment of armed forces overseas;
Recognition of foreign states;
Accreditation and reception of diplomats.

What? No.

She actually has NO power, all the things you listed are purely for ceremony. People seem to forget that the Monarchy and the Government really are completely different things nowadays.

And also, diplomacy between the US and the UK doesn't really come into this at all. Seeing as BP is an internationally run company.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

How is he telling the Queen to shove it? The queen has no power.

Please notice my thread title.

It is not a statement, but a question.

Reading in-between the lines is a "key" to "Transparency" in my book.

Baka.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Again. BP has nothing to do with diplomacy, they're an international company.

Get over it. You're just coming across as extremely pretentious and ignorant.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Motive]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
[edit on 21-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

But what is the connection between BP and Queen Elizabeth II?

Where is the evidence or even suggestion that there has been communication between the Obama and Queen Elizabeth II?

It is a complete fabrication, there is nothing at all which even begins to imply that there might be something in it.
You have totally made it up.
End of.

Reading in between the lines?
Ok, sometimes one has to take a leap of faith, but this is pure imagination, there is nothing there at all for you to begin to 'read between the lines'.
There are no lines here.
It's just pure and utter make believe.

[edit on 21/5/10 by Freeborn]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

It's thread titles like this and the ignorance being shown that really boils my piss!

WTF has this got to do with The Queen or the UK in general?

Yes, BP is a London based privately owned company, but so what?
They are accountable for their own actions.

Heaven forbid if the USA was ever judged by the actions of some of their privately owned companies!

Is this what ATS is becoming?

Absolutely pathetic!

I don't want this to become personal, but maybe I should be more clear about my thread title.

again.... It was a question, not a statement.

I apologize for use of your Queen. Maybe the use of that word hit to close to home, and may have been a bit much.

On the other hand, this is a conspiracy site, eh mate?

Could it be a conspiracy of ignorance I am trying to point out?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakadesu
again.... It was a question, not a statement.

If it was a question, what is your reason for not listening to the answer, when given?

If you're interested in genuine research and advencement of knowledge, then examine the list of BP shareholders and understand that these are the people Obama is attacking.

Making unsupported statements does nothing to deny ignorance, and putting question marks at the end does not change their character.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Heard loud and clear.

My second question was Who is Obama making the stand for.

"Making unsupported statements does nothing to deny ignorance, and putting question marks at the end does not change their character."

hmmmm... ok.

I guess I need English 101 again.(period) ?(question mark)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakadesu

"Making unsupported statements does nothing to deny ignorance, and putting question marks at the end does not change their character."

hmmmm... ok.

I guess I need English 101 again.(period) ?(question mark)

Let me put it this way;
The newspaper headline "Is Bakedesu a murderer?" would be as libellous as the headline "Bakedesu is a murderer", and you would have the same right to sue. The question would have the same moral effect as the statement, because it plants the idea in someone's mind in exactly the same way. The fact that it was phrased as a question would be no defence.

And if you ask a question, and then take no notice of a negative answer, that's the same thing as a making a statement.

Obama was actually saying "Shove it" to the BP shareholders, who are NOT the Queen, NOT the British government- and, as I tried to point out before, a lot of them are not even British at all. Perhaps the company which employs you are among the shareholders, in which case Obama is telling Bakedesu to "shove it".

[edit on 21-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I really couldn't give a toss about you using 'my Queen', it could have been anyone, the facts still remain the same; it's a complete fabrication of your imagination based upon absolutely nothing.

There is nothing to suggest that there has even be a conversation between the two people on the subject so to say Obama told her to 'shove it' is complete make beleive nonsense.

For something to have even slightest bit of possibility and credability there has to be even the slightest, littlest bit of evidence, there is absolutely nothing here.

It's nothing personal I assure you.

Starting this thread on the assumptions and total lack of supportive evidence that you have was a mistake.

Making a mistake is not a crime and we all make them, me more than most...this thread needs to be closed and we'll move on and no harm done and hopefully lessons learnt.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It is fairly obvious that I have posted something in the wrong forum.

For that I apologize.

maybe a stab at questioning ignorance at my first attempt of "denying ignorance" went a little to far apparently.

I had no intention to feed information.

I like the evaluation on thought process though.

keep it up.

baka.

The thread is a moot point for another time and place

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

As i said in my last post, it was nothing personal, we all make mistakes.
I assure you, I have made plenty here on ATS.
We learn and we move on.

I sincerely hope I have caused you no offence and that you continue to enjoy and contribute to ATS.

It does get better.

Edit: This damn spacebar!!

[edit on 21/5/10 by Freeborn]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Motive

Totally understand what you are saying but the fact still remains that if things ever got bad enough, the Queen could still dissolve parliment and declare war on any country she wanted.

That is power no matter how you look at it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Stop being silly, no she couldn't...she has no authority whatsoever.

She can't actually order anything, she has a purely ceremonial role.

The only way she would have any authority would be if there was a complete breakdown of government and she was seen to represent the will of the people against the will of Parliament, i.e. another Civil War, and that is purely hypothetical.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by Motive

Totally understand what you are saying but the fact still remains that if things ever got bad enough, the Queen could still dissolve parliment and declare war on any country she wanted.

That is power no matter how you look at it.

Sure, but you have to understand that she only has these powers in a form of administration in which "someone has to do it".

If the country truly fell apart, there was complete public outcry, verging if not already resulting in riots, and said government were not putting in votes of no confidence (which is all very very unlikely), then she would have to dissolve the current parliament. She could also then declare war on anyone but again, nowadays that kind of order wouldn't go through unless it was a direct and blatent threat on the UK with majority votes by the heads in the war room.

But I understand what you mean, just too many people seem ignorant to the Queens roll nowadays.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
To be honest the british royal familys power more than likely supercedes our parliment on a global scale by a long shot. After spending millenias controling our nations its kinda naive to think they would ever relinquish that power. Probably worth a thread at some point.

Still though kinda lulzy thread title, BP is as much American as it is British now. Would be kinda funny of Obama really did piss the queen off, dont even think a U.S president would be immune from getting plane crashd if he decided to piss of european royalty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join