It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells the Queen to shove it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
"The Obama administration said the British energy giant should act in a "transparent manner" and "promptly" make all information public. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

So, Where will this David vs. Goliath take us?

Who is Obama taking a stand for?

Is this the key to unlocking the "Transparency" we as US citizens are fighting for?

On a side note, one month later???? sheeeesh. Slow goin these days.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bakadesu

this administration is gearing up to be worse then the last

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

I don't see how your post relates to the OP. This is a good thing. BP does need to be more open to sharing information about the spill.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

How is he telling the Queen to shove it? The queen has no power.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Someone did point out in a revelation that Obama had good intentions, although through manipulation became corrupt. This is very believable, people are not born evil, they are shaped up to be that way. Let's see what happens, i'd like to believe he will help us, but he is not doing a good job right now, with his drug policies, with his tyrant supreme court nominee. He needs to Change!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I agree that this has nothing to do with the Queen.

What it is about is some of the anti-American statements that have come out of the recent election. Obama is just reminding the Brits that a distancing of the traditional US-UK relationship would be one that definitely cuts both ways.

New national leaders have a steep learning curve on international affairs, as Obama himself knows.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I certainly hope I put my first Thread in the correct folder.

please move accordingly.

Baka.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The thread title gave me a good laugh...

If obama decided to stand up to any of his bosses he would lose his job immediately.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

If obama decided to stand up to any of his bosses he would lose his job immediately.

"Americans deserve nothing less than complete transparency" - obama

What about transparency in the government ? we don't deserve that ?

what a joke.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

" The Obama administration said the British energy giant should act in a "transparent manner" and "promptly" make all information public. "

Now isnt that the pot calling the kettle black!!!!
Obama stop being such a hypocrit! Swallow this bitter pill that they are copying what you do. Tell the people what they want to hear and then do just the opposite.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Obama will kiss the @$$ of Mexico's prez
but tells Queen to shove it

has he gone insane????

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm a little confused as to why you would give your thread the title:
"Obama tells the Queen to shove it ?"

I've just read the linked article and there is not a single reference to the Queen ... so perhaps you could clarify your reasoning for me and highlight exactly where Obama gave such instructions to the Queen ?

Otherwise I can only assume that this was nothing more than an obvious attempt to sensationalize your thread.

[edit on 20/5/10 by tauristercus]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Just to clarify something , Obama does not directly address the Queen and tells her to shove it or BP for that matter .Those words don't appear anywhere in the article. However be clear that Queen Elizabeth does directly own BP . However sensational the headline I apprieciate where the OP is comming from and don't take it littoral .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Just to clarify something , Obama does not directly address the Queen and tells her to shove it or BP for that matter .Those words don't appear anywhere in the article. However be clear that Queen Elizabeth does directly own BP . However sensational the headline I apprieciate where the OP is comming from and don't take it littoral .

No, the Queen does NOT own BP or any significant percentage of it ... she may however, like many other investors, have shares in it.

In 1914 the British government became the company's principal stockholder and remained so. Effective January 1, 1955, British Petroleum became a holding company. Beginning in 1977 the British government reduced its ownership of British Petroleum by selling shares to the public, and in the late 1980s the government turned over British Petroleum entirely to private ownership by selling its remaining shares.

Source: www.bookrags.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

I think you'll find the queen still has plenty of power both domestic and abroad

Domestic Affairs
The appointment and dismissal of ministers;
The summoning, prorogation and dissolution of Parliament;
Royal assent to bills;
The appointment and regulation of the civil service;
The commissioning of officers in the armed forces;
Directing the disposition of the armed forces in the UK;
Appointment of Queen's Counsel;
Issue and withdrawal of passports;
Prerogative of mercy. (Used to apply in capital punishment cases. Still used, eg to remedy errors in sentence calculation)
Granting honours;
Creation of corporations by Charter;

Foreign Affairs
The making of treaties;
Declaration of war;
Deployment of armed forces overseas;
Recognition of foreign states;
Accreditation and reception of diplomats.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay Electronica

"Americans deserve nothing less than complete transparency" - obama

What about transparency in the government ? we don't deserve that ?

what a joke.

Exactly, what about transparency in UFO's, dont we deserve that??? Its al just swings and round-abouts...

same old, same old

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well, that is hardly telling the Queen to "shove" it but not surprising.

Yet it is ironic how many (even those who like to bash him) will paint him with good intentions but still would like to hang him anayways. As if good intentions only gets you friends and supporters.

Not only dude is gonna find that the Goliath monster is bigger than he thought inside the government but also outside.

Obama cannot and will not do a # alone unless, he is really the Anti-Christ like some believe.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

No seriously mate! It's 100% sure that he've been briefed about Ufos and I don't understand why he's hesitating. Maybe he's not satisfied with the information or his family has been threatened. Then again, I'm really having a hard time accepting that he didn't think the disclosure of such matter could be on his plate before he took office. Maybe he was the perfect plant to held back disclosure.

If I were in his place, I swear I would've drop the A bomb in a heart beat and just let the rest unfold.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

It's thread titles like this and the ignorance being shown that really boils my piss!

WTF has this got to do with The Queen or the UK in general?

Yes, BP is a London based privately owned company, but so what?
They are accountable for their own actions.

Heaven forbid if the USA was ever judged by the actions of some of their privately owned companies!

Is this what ATS is becoming?

Absolutely pathetic!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
However be clear that Queen Elizabeth does directly own BP . However sensational the headline I apprieciate where the OP is comming from and don't take it littoral .

Just to add to the explanations given by others; it is likely that much of the shareholder base of BP is not even British. The Thatcher sale of BP shares was overtaken, on its chosen date, by a massive stockmarket fall, and there was newspaper comment at the time that the Kuwaitis had taken the opportunity to pick up a large chunk of shares. I remember the event because I was involved in the share-sale (in a lowly, paper-clipping, sort of way). So, anyone who wants to make conspiracy theories about British Petroleum- don't look at the name, look at the shareholder base.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join