It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange creature found in northern Ontario creek fuels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Strange creature found in northern Ontario creek fuels

www.cbc.ca

TORONTO - A First Nations community in northern Ontario may be giving Loch Ness a run for its money.

Reports from the remote community a few hundred kilometres south of Hudson Bay say a strange creature was pulled from a local creek earlier this month — a creature some are calling a monster.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Photos of the furry, bald-faced creature were posted on the official website of the Big Trout Lake community and have since caused a flurry of speculation on the Internet.

According to the website, two local nurses were hiking near the creek when they noticed their dog Sam sniffing something in the water.

The dog pulled the 30-centimetre-long dead creature from the water and the two women snapped some photos of it.

Its strange appearance has led to speculation it may be the mythical Ogopogo, the Chupacabra or some other marine monster, like the Loch Ness Monster. Others have pointed out it could be a water-logged bear cub or otter.

The community's official website can be found atwww.kitchenuhmaykoosib.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do go check out those pictures.
I don't know what to make of them, other that it seems to be a mutant to me.
Otter devil dog rat pig?
www.kitchenuhmaykoosib.com...

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That appears to be an otter of some type. Missing some of the hair from it's face. Looks pretty scary like that.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Don't know what that is. It sure is ugly. Hopefully someone can get some samples of blood and see what in the world it is.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Looks like a dog to me...dead in the water a long time.. reminds me of the weird animal a couple found in NJ (?) I think it turned out to be a dog..

Just my opinion...hard to say what it is.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's a big-ass otter, dead underwater for some time, and the pelt is "slipping" off. Looks like it may have frozen to death underwater, which delayed its decomposition.

Let me guess... The two women, although they live in the remote North, are totally unacquainted with their local wildlife. Wouldn't be the first time.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I'm from Northern Ontario not far from where Big Trout Lake is. That is where they found the "creature".

I'm betting it died late in the fall and froze. 1/2 rotted and that's what is left.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It looks like a cross between an otter and a weasel, with Frankenstein's face on it...

[edit on 20/5/2010 by ironfalcon]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here is another photo of a bloated decomposed otter, www.jynmeyer.com...

Same jaw/skull structure.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Why do people always think dead otters look like monsters?
I've seen scarier road-kill.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

It's the seals and their nasty smear campaign against those otters!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Briantaylor.....

The crypto's are also discussing it in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'm pretty interested in cryptozoology, but that's obviously an already existing animal. I really don't think we should always jump to a different conclusion, even though we'd like to believe it could be something to brighten up our mundane life.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Antigen Shift]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

Defiantly gotta be an Otter. You can clearly see it in the first picture of this link:

news.ninemsn.com.au...

The only thing that is a bit funny about it, as one poster on another thread pointed out, is the protruding tooth from the side of its head, as seen here.
news.ninemsn.com.au...

But its is not uncommon for anything on this earth with teeth to suffer from deformities and the like in that area.

top topics

join