It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rodent Curse: An Omen of A Failed Administration?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Check this out...

Rodent scurries by as Obama lauds Wall Street vote

Rodent scurries by as Obama lauds Wall Street vote

WASHINGTON – In his battle with the titans of Wall Street, President Barack Obama almost got upstaged by a rat.

Obama had just begun an afternoon statement to reporters lauding the end of a Senate filibuster on his financial overhaul plan when some kind of rodent — opinions differ on which — dashed out of the bushes to his right, just outside the Oval Office.

As photographers snapped away, the critter trundled straight past the gray podium with the presidential seal and made a bee-line for another set of bushes to Obama's left.

Once he was safely inside the Oval Office, a fierce debate erupted among the photographers and reporters who'd witnessed the dash. Was it a rat or a mouse? Or maybe a mole, or a vole, or some other kind of related creature.

In fact, this wasn't the first time a rodent's been spied in the White House, or even the Rose Garden. Just last week, as camera crews set up for an Obama statement on the Gulf oil spill, what's believed to have been the same rodent made a dash across the famous garden.

While this may not impress the younger readers out there, there is an element of weirdness to such presidential rodent sightings for those who remember it.

There was another president who was upstaged (attacked) by a wild rabbit, and the story of that rodent's odd behavior became something of a legend. That president was Jimmy Carter, possibly the worst president of the 20th Century, and a one-termer, for sure, with a long list of "do nothings" to his credit.

Is a rodent's appearance, perhaps, an omen portending a grim and less-than-noble fate for the Chief Executive?

Tune in again next week! Same rat time, same rat channel!

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/20/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Saw this on Yahoo! news earlier. Looks like the White House has a rodent problem. Expect to see a pest control truck outside the White House later tonight. They even named the rat. Barack Obama. It's the most popular name of fancyratnames.com.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wonder if he's a DemocRat?

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Hey! Everyone know rat's are members of the wacky hat party.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What???? No First Cat on the premises? Seems like a simple thing. Would have to make certain it was a natural-born feline (oh no you DIdn't!)

Interesting, thinking of the rat sightings as a portent or omen. What if it's a really OLD rat, that just came out to see if it was safe yet to reproduce?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Exlanation: A Rat was the 1st animal to visit the Buddah just before he died!

So following that logic, if Obama dies physically or politically, does that make him a Buddah???

Personal Disclosure: As I am a Mountain River Rat, according to Chinese astrology, I was drawn to the title by default!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

That would be a weird concupiscence. I highly doubt it though.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'll bet it was a RAT-publican.
Only because Democ-RAT already got took.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
what I find most amusing is that Obama
went into the Oval Office to get away
from the rat. Is he afraid of a rodent???
How in the hell can he lead this country
if he's jumping on chairs and s**t.
Can somebody say pansy???

A real man would have grabbed it by the tail
picked it up and bit it's head off like Chuck Norris
did.

Oh yes, I'm assuming they'll say something like:

"President relocated by Secret Service
due to possible rodent bomb"

lmao, what a crock

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'll bet it was this lil guy:

I have no shame. His name is Steamboat Barry.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I just don't get how people slam Carter under him you had steel mill workers making 40+ thousand a year when a new car cost 3 grand and a house 15-25 grand. You had airline employees making more than that all with no college.

Regan gets in destroys the steel industry, destroys the airlines, and deals the middle class a blow from which it never recovered and people praise him for it.

I don't know what US you people live in.

All the guys that whine about Carter often have 2 pension checks and Social security and its thanks to those same unions Regan crushed, its idiotic.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
I just don't get how people slam Carter...

Carter was an uninspired and uninspiring loser. He's still a loser. And a wild rabbit almost tore him limb from limb...

For you die-hard Carter self-flagellators:

The Jimmy Carter Rabbit Attack

A grown man whacking at a waterlogged bunny with a boat oar. God, what I wouldn't give for that footage.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Give President Carter more credit then that. He did his best and to many it was not the greatest. But at least President Carter achieved in freeing the hostages in Iran.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
But at least President Carter achieved in freeing the hostages in Iran.

Oops...

You were being sarcastic, right? It wasn't Carter who freed the Iran hostages... It was our good friend Oliver North, making weapons deals with the Iranians on behalf of the incoming Reagan administration. Iranian politicos were waiting breathlessly for Reagan to enter the White House — as soon as it was official, the hostages were freed. That was Jan. 20, 1981

The only good thing Carter did was stay out of the way and let the Pros from Dover handle the situation.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ah, quite the analogy OP.

This Pied Piper is taking all these rats for a nice little bath.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

You can't be serious!? The history books lied to me again! agghh.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It was Barney Frank's gerbil making a run for it......

Poor little bugger

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
You can't be serious!? The history books lied to me again! agghh.

What do you think the whole "Arms For Hostages" scandal was about in the mid-1980s? It was revealed that the incoming (although unelected) Reagan administration had promised a few medium-range missiles to Iran (courtesy of the ever-resourceful Col. Oliver North) in exchange for the release of the American hostages. As a gesture of sincerity, the Iranians released 1 hostage in the summer of 1980 (when it was already obvious that Reagan was going to win). The day before he walked into the Oval Office, the remaining hostages were freed.

None of it was Carter's doing.

In the Senate investigation, everybody except Oliver North passed the buck — he stood there and told the truth and took full responsibility, thus protecting President Reagan. It was really quite admirable. For his trouble, North was branded a "LIAR" by the liberal media, even though he was the only one who told the truth in the entire Iran/Contra affair. North was a hero. He protected his country, his countrymen and his president to the end... So what if he had to pull a few black ops, make illegal weapons and drug deals and launder the money?

Are you serious? Are the history books really rewriting history to the extent of awarding the hostage rescue to Carter? That is fekking RICH.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
I just don't get how people slam Carter under him you had steel mill workers making 40+ thousand a year when a new car cost 3 grand and a house 15-25 grand. You had airline employees making more than that all with no college.

Regan gets in destroys the steel industry, destroys the airlines, and deals the middle class a blow from which it never recovered and people praise him for it.

Yes. Precisely.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It should come as a surprise to no one at all that they have a rodent problem at 1600 Pennsylvania Blvd. It was infested by the Bush Administration for eight years after all, and it would just be silly to think that those vermin didn't procreate during the time they nested there!

Seriously, compared to those they replaced, the Obama Administration looks EXTREMELY competent....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join