It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to the democrats in the US Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No, you consider it racist because the majority of those who are breaking the law are Mexican, and thus more Mexicans will be deported... because Progressives love to use ass backwards logic like that.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I never mentioned the word "racist", and if you fished that from my post than it speaks more to your inability to think outside well-defined lines than anything else. Racism never entered my mind. One species, one planet. Handle YOUR paranoia and RACISM before penning your screed, sir.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Milleresque

Excuse me?

Who are you talking to?

If you are referring to the comment above yours, are you inferring that you are Misoir. Having two accounts is against T&C. Maybe you should clarify your comment.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Nope sorry, not breaking any rules and I check more often than most would like. Referring to the post above mine without qualification, and those above that one too...

Shall we continue?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Gee I bet you were really ticked off when LBJ signed the civil rights bill too weren't ya? When folks railed on Alabama, you thought that was dishonorable didn't you?

Don't you realize that politics is all about standing up for what you believe in? That these folks by applauding Calderon were in fact being honorable to THEIR BELIEFS? Would you want them to uphold yours instead? If that's the case.. well that's pretty much fascism... If you don't want to live in a fascist state, that means you can't be intellecutally dishonest and support freedom on one hand, and then call senators who stand up for their and their consituents belief "dishonorable".

You really need to look up that definition again.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
Well we're on our way now. Stock market crashing, government spending is finally catching up to Greece, Europe and soon to be the U.S. Thanks for jacking my future Obama.

Aso, thanks Bush for starting the crash. Mr Bush you are so lucky that the mess you started is now all Obama's fault...good on ya

-Kyo

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I think you're insane.. and no one knows who you're talking to...

reply to post by HunkaHunka

Why do the hyper progressives like your self always play the race card? Every time.. if you cannot defend a position, you bring out some farout extreme obscenity regarding race. Like just now.. "ooo your against illegal immigration, well I bet you hated the civil rights act from the 60's!!!" .. Seriously, could you be a bigger tool?

US Congress people cheering a foreign leader demanding fire arms restrictions on American citizens IS despicable.. regardless of what their beliefs are. Now, if they'd rather have Calderon be head of their executive branch, they could of course move to Mexico (with their illegal pals) and live there.. the lovely high wages we pay those bastards will surely get them above the minimum income requirements Mexico enforces on new immigrants.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
^If you're referring to me (and you did not specify), then I could not care less for definitions of states and statesmen. This issue, believe it or not, explodes beyonds boundaries and borders, and anything defined by another politician. I find it exceedingly...disturbing, that those who might post against the "New World Order" in other threads, are biting at the bit defending imaginary lines in the sand against the "invasion" of other human beings, while said country conducts the same operations overseas. Suckling at political teats on one hand...while denying politicans a say in others.

The entire line of thought is soundly flawed. Your arguments exclude every factor of humanity, understanding and outside-the-box thinking. Put yourself in the shoes of those you are so bandying against. Period. These lines in the sand represent nothing but paranoia over job-loss that resonate without sound or reason. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX...PLEASE, AS A HUMAN BEING. Constitutional Rights, as defined by your Forebears are meant FOR EVERY BODY...not just those you agree with.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Star and Flag. I wish I could give more than one of each.

You have voiced exactly what I thought when I heard what had happened on the floor of congress.

I sincerely hope none of the people who bashed the Arizona law yesterday (including the Obamanation we have in the White House) has another term in office! As you pointed out this is a "family" matter and not to be jeered at by an outsider (and one who is as vastly hypocritical as the Mexican president - their immigration laws are awful - they make the Arizona law look like charity).

Furthermore, I am continually astounded by the fact that congress obviously has no idea how the people of their country feel about this matter. There have been numerous polls citing the (unheard of) approval rating of over 70% of the US population for the Arizona law. Just exactly who do they (congress) think they are by acting in such a manner. I am thoroughly disgusted by their flagrant disregard of patriotism and public opinion.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

No .. I was not talking to you.. I made no reference to you until I pointed out your odd insanity when you came screaming into the thread at a comment not directed at you..

I find it exceedingly...disturbing, that those who might post against the "New World Order" in other threads, are biting at the bit defending imaginary lines in the sand against the "invasion" of other human beings, while said country conducts the same operations overseas. Suckling at political teats on one hand...while denying politicans a say in others.

OK .. let me digest this..

You are saying.. that those who speak out against the "NWO" are in fact in line with the NWO because they believe in "imaginary lines" drawn in the sand...

So that .. to be against the "NWO" .. one must be against all borders entirely.........

Personally.. I see the Progressive line as being the "NWO" .. the "lets destroy national identities/borders and governments and live in a united world as HUMANS!!" .. (for those non-progressives .. you have to imagine everyone rides a unicorn with rainbows everywhere and streets paved in gold to get the real picture)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I think you're insane.. and no one knows who you're talking to...

Why do the hyper progressives like your self always play the race card? Every time.. if you cannot defend a position, you bring out some farout extreme obscenity regarding race. Like just now.. "ooo your against illegal immigration, well I bet you hated the civil rights act from the 60's!!!" .. Seriously, could you be a bigger tool?

US Congress people cheering a foreign leader demanding fire arms restrictions on American citizens IS despicable.. regardless of what their beliefs are. Now, if they'd rather have Calderon be head of their executive branch, they could of course move to Mexico (with their illegal pals) and live there.. the lovely high wages we pay those bastards will surely get them above the minimum income requirements Mexico enforces on new immigrants.

Once again.... you fail to actually read my post...

When did I play the race card? I took another time in history where a state had controversial laws, and some stood for it, and others stood against it...

Of those folks who stood for the Alabama laws and those who stood against it... which was was being "dishonorable"? NEITHER... because both stood up for their beliefs...

Calling Senators dishonorable because you don't like their position means that person is a fascist, and doesn't support the constitution.

Nice try attempting to derail my point by actually playing the race card...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

When did I play the race card? I took another time in history where a state had controversial laws, and some stood for it, and others stood against it...

Which has nothing what so ever to do with the thread.. and you just happened to choose a "random" case that involved.... race?

If Democrats believe their morals are in line with what can only be summarized as a Slum-Lord President, leader of the most corrupt government in the Western World... then by all means, we can play that card too.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Good lord, what twisted interpretation and perception you display, puck. I am going to avoid your personal attack, because you're wholly missing the point, and state what I mean...as I did in previous posts could you be bothered to pay attention.

Yes, your rebelling around national borders is insane. There is nothing else to say about it. Protestation represents insanity itself...a mis-understanding. If you allied yourself with the reasoning one hundred years ago, when immigration represented the BEST method of recruit ion and employment your nation had ever seen then we might agree on a few things.
BUT, I am not arguing on such points. Simply the requirements and humanity involved in every day nature/understanding. What trollop defending imaginary lines!! What garbage! Grow up from the bully of the yard perception of the world. Christ would spit on you, not I truly care for religious transmutations on such issues.

Just think...if you were starving, loathing the society you were born into, would you not desire something wholly greater for your children? Would you (as father/mother) say the big "SCREW YOU" to every force preventing your kids from having the BEST opportunity for growth, or would you stay at home and fight indecribably corrupt forces until you and yours were buried in shallow graves?

I am saying that national borders are UTTERLY IRRELEVANT...UTTERLY POINTLESS...SERVE NO PURPOSE WHATSOVER AD NAUSEUM.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Milleresque]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I am saying that national borders are UTTERLY IRRELEVANT...UTTERLY POINTLESS...SERVE NO PURPOSE WHATSOVER AD NAUSEUM.

Also known as: NWO! Yay for one world government!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It matters not how the bill was written or what's in it, the OP is stating that he is upset that members of Congress chose to applaud a foreigner who came into our house and chastised a sister state.

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP and his letter!

We are supposed to be the "United States", not the "mostly united states."

And, let's take a look at mexican immigration laws, and police enforcement therof.

Until recently it was a felony to be in Mexico illegally, however in 2008 they did revise their laws to make it a civil violation. But, to quote their law, it still states that law enforcement officials are "required to demand that foreigners prove their legal presence in the country before attending to any issues."

Having grown up in Southern California, I can recall several occasions where friends went into Mexico to party, and ended up being arrested and locked up by mexican police for really no reason other than being american, then forced to hand over their cash, and in one case sign over their car, as a condition of release.

How dare Calderon have anything to say about american law, or a law inacted by one of our sister states!

EDITED for spelling

[edit on 21-5-2010 by mark-in-dallas]

[edit on 21-5-2010 by mark-in-dallas]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Could it be that your precious "NWO" catch-phrase/cop-out is out-dated precious? Or that I do not see a relevant separation between human beings no matter where they live or how?

CRY, cry your undying paranoia unto the hills....and await the revelation which is yours to behold.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

I'm with the OP 100% too. It was a disgusting display.

I am looking for an email campaign that will send out a MASS email to Congress over this. We cannot afford to tolerate this crap anymore.

Let you know if I find one.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Which has nothing what so ever to do with the thread.. and you just happened to choose a "random" case that involved.... race?

If Democrats believe their morals are in line with what can only be summarized as a Slum-Lord President, leader of the most corrupt government in the Western World... then by all means, we can play that card too.

It had EVERYTHING to do with the thread.... The thread is about whether or not Congress whas being honorable in applauding a foreign rep who takes issue with a law that is even controversial here in the US..

How can you call someone who stands up for their beliefs dishonorable? That's is what the thread is about... do I really need to quote the OP?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

It had EVERYTHING to do with the thread.... The thread is about whether or not Congress whas being honorable in applauding a foreign rep who takes issue with a law that is even controversial here in the US..

How can you call someone who stands up for their beliefs dishonorable? That's is what the thread is about... do I really need to quote the OP?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I really have one question that will probably never get a straight answer to and that is why don't the people of mexico do something to make that country better? I know the US is the land of the free, but why is it that we worked hard to get us where we are at today, and yet it seems like the people that come here illegally do not want to try and better their own birth place. Mexico and other countries for that matter have the ability to change things in their own countries yet they think that coming here will make it all better and they figure i am here there is no reason to go back.It takes time to get to the point the USA is at but if you do not try and change then it will never happen.AS far as I know Mexico has a president and a congress just like we do they need to get in there and clean house if they want to have a better country. It takes time to get things right hell just look at us we still haven't got it right after 200 years or more we are a work in progress.Unless you have seen the problems that citizens in Arizona see on a daily basis how can we pass judgement on what they have done to feel more secure.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join