It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with these people really believing they are aliens??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Ok , I understand you have a problem with people poo pooing these things out of hand without investigation, dismissing people who say they are aliens without giving them the benifit of the doubt.
I totaly get where you are comming from. It SHOULD be the case that every single person who claims these things or anything like them, ought to be tested on his own merits , at length and with JUST as much enthusiasm and interest as the first person to claim they were an alien. But guess what? Thats not how it works. See, unlike the UFO phenomenon, people make claims that can be proven false via scientific study . Im going to demonstrate the difference here:

Ufo watcher: "I saw a UFO last night over my house"
Detractor: "I can say nothing against this standpoint, because I know nothing of physics, and humanity knows little about phsyics by the admission of its greatest minds on the subject. With that in mind, theres no one on earth who can totaly debunk this statement by proving in an ironclad manner that it never happened. We just dont know enough science that could explore this issue at depth, making any argument full of holes to the point of it being insubstantial and pointless. Im going home."

Game set and match to the claimant. They have made a claim that cannot be proven false by the science which governs the likelihood of his claims being true (that science of course being called physics, covering quantum mechanics,astrophysics.. you know , the science which could theoreticaly explain a star drive, and would also know which direction to point without crashing into a moon or black hole)

Thinks hes an Alien: "Im an Alien from another world, sent here by a race of super intelligent cabbages."
Detractor: "Ok, so Im just going to take this blood sample here, and go to get it tested by medical science which is one of the sciences we know most about , since our knowledge of it dictates our ability to survive injury and illness. Its ability to examine DNA is staggering already and increases yearly so it seems, so its a good bet that what medical doctors tell me , is fact ."

SIX DAYS AND A GALLON OF COFFEE LATER...

Detractor: "So I went ahead and got your DNA examined by the finest proffessors ever born, and they told me that not only are you human, but they told me what your mother had for breakfast they day you were born, the day you were concieved , and acurately told the story of your parents first meeting,right up to the bit with the marching band and the cheeseboard."

Oh dear. Claimant has made the cardinal error.We know enough about genetics, and biology these days , that a claim of being alien to the planet is absolutely testable, and debunkable . Genetic testing can be very accurate and very informative, and would INSTANTLY put paid to claims made on the subject of ones glalactic origin.
Hell , any alien worth being called such is more than welcome to submit to exploratory surgery to ascertain the authenticity of his claims. That would be alot more immediate than waiting on lab work. Lets just see if the claimants pancreas is in the normal place, and then we'll know !
If you have human physiology, human genetics, a human heartbeat, and brain size, shape, and activity which says you are human... guess what you are?! Even if ,IF you have some kooky "Im a clone of a human from hundreds of years ago, made by alionz!" story lined up, YOU ARE STILL HUMAN! A cheap crappy knock off human , but made to the old design sure enough. Theres no arguing out of it , this is a subject which defines black and white simplicity . Either science proves you human, or it proves you something else.
It is not the fault of people who are sceptical on this particular facet of the Extra terrestrial subject, that the people making these wild claims refuse to a man, to PROVE thier statements true by submitting to independant testing , it is THIER fault they are not believed.
I fully believe that ET has visited us, but I do not believe for a moment that he is wearing a costume and working at a godamn seven eleven in some hellforsaken dustbowl community, nor cleaning toilets in a city park for seven pounds fifty an hour. Get a damned GRIP !!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Wow, that is truly amazing! You demonstrate a total lack of understanding of biology and DNA.

Just how different do you think aliens will be from Humans? True, some will be so vastly different that your cat can tell the difference, and maybe even care. On the other hand, some will be so similar that even your best science will be unable to easily find the differences.

You really need to attempt to understand and look for the signs in the science that a person may not be Human. Things like phenotype to genotype mapping. Those are the differences that have been found in some of the investigations recently.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25
reply to post by DClairvoyant

My way of understanding of an alien, is a creature not from this earth. Does the concept scare me.... Not at all... if the government came out to day 5-22-2010 and said aliens are real and we just made or have made contact with them in the present or past...It wouldnt surprise me at all....

Aliens themselves? It depends, Ive never seen one to know if I would be scared... Ive never been threatened by one either. Hope that answers your question.

Secondly I have another question since most people keep bringing up reincarnation... I like to dabble with that thought, but every time I discuss this topic with my mother (who just happens to be my bestfriend who I can talk about anything with, without being judged ) She always brings up a good point. What is the reason of being reincarnated? How can we learn from our mistakes, if we dont even remember what mistakes we made. Why cant we remember our past lives? And thats how she always stumps me.... anyone like to help explain those questions for me? (By the way I am not some nerdy kid, I am a 25 yr old adult who has been studying/researching a wide range of topics since I was 12) Thanks guys!

Your 25 years old I'm 22 years old its nice to see that not only more an more people are awakening but also that the younger generation are seeing "fit-through" as well. I've been well known from past work colleagues/family/frined's for having psi abilities I have 4 that I am AWARE of I am a clairvoyant and hold verys trong intuition/gifts 2) Premonition 3) Telekinesis - Only usual happening are changes in my life- basically it doesn't happen everyday like the other's its more like a reserves energy and last but not least number 4) Precogntion.

Love & Light.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I agree with the op. It has gotten so bad that just look on facebook and see how many groups with the word pleiadians. OMFG people believe this crap to! I keep referring people to charles manson to those who say why would they lie to us? People just crack me up! I always tell them also that if they are truly aliens then let me see their DNA!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by dragnet53]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
I always tell them also that if they are truly aliens then let me see their DNA!

Just a thought - if aliens are millions of years more advanced than us they probably have a way of hiding their real DNA from us.

We've known about DNA for what 100 years? Do you really think aliens would be stupid enough to fail one of our DNA tests?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't think I am an alien.

However, from my encounters and experiences...and from my last few years of..my sudden explosion of...insight..perception..awareness..whatever you want to call it..
I feel as though I am part of something extremely great..
Though I don't feel anyone or anything has any greater purpose than another.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Triple_helixxx

Ive been having a sense of something extrordinary is going to happen, good or bad, i feel something, i always stay positive, i see the glass half full instead of empty. I cheer people up when there sad, and I am extremely empathetic to peoples feelings....But I wouldnt consider myself an alien... Sometimes I have dreams that come true ( Like devue) But I dont remember the dream untill it happens so its not like i can tell the future but ive had it ever since I was 3 years old..atleast once or twice a month. Doesnt mean Im reincarnated from a alien species, or anything like that. I could just have a very old soul to where my senses are more aware of things, sometimes I dont even realize it. I always seem to second guess my intuition in fear of FEELING crazy! LOL

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I know I'm not an alien, but I would've thought by now
that the probings would have stopped.
The nearest 'encounter' I had was this below, when I was
told that the world would end in 2009.

I received this information from an alien.
As I told Saucy Cyril, it was in the Paramus Holiday Inn,
I was having a drink at the bar, alone, and this alien approached
me. He started talking to me. He bought me a drink, and then I
think he must have used some kind of a ray or a mind control
device because he forced me to follow him to his room and
that's where he told me about the end of the world.

Cyril later asked me if I really believed 'my' alien had a room at
the Holiday Inn, Paramus.
I said it could have been a room on the spaceship made to look
like the hotel. I can't be sure about that, Cyril.

Great thread.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
I agree with the op. It has gotten so bad that just look on facebook and see how many groups with the word pleiadians. OMFG people believe this crap to! I keep referring people to charles manson to those who say why would they lie to us? People just crack me up! I always tell them also that if they are truly aliens then let me see their DNA!

Have you seen my evidence? Its DNA!

My next question is, what do you expect DNA to show you? Are you aware of the fact that a Chimpanzee's DNA is only about 4% different than a Human's? If you ran typical "human" dna tests of a Chimp, you might think he is a Human. There are other things within the DNA that give clues as to whether someone is "Human" or not, and if you don't know to look for them you will miss the truth. These are things like genotype - phenotype mapping. The subject's haplogroup, and how that maps.

Go take a look at my evidence and let ua know what you see. (link is below)

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

Because there's no crime/harm in claiming to be ET alien. If anyone claims to be terrorist, the feds will give him/her nightmare of a lifetime.

Human beings have too many hobbies. Some like sex, voyeurism, money, religion, politics, propaganda, education, aliens etc .. to make ourselves happy

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

It's a time space thing.
I think...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ok..I wasn't going to post anything serious on here, but I can't resist...

WHAT IF...they are aliens? I've heard rumors of human looking aliens mingling with the masses quite a bit lately. What if they are trying to out themselves, and you just don't want to believe? Why do they have to be super advanced? Maybe they JUST stumbled upon the technology to get here..? Maybe we are only a couple of steps behind them. Look how rapidly our technology is advancing. You don't think some one out there might be just like us...with the ability to travel great distances? In this universe, I've learned to accept that ANYTHING is possible. Even the super brilliant scientists all over the globe get that handed to them on a platter now and then.

Now...I'm not saying they ARE aliens...I can't prove that. I'm just saying, WHAT IF?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I put them in the same category as the people who dress up and go to a Renaissance festival and attempt to speak with British accents and really, really get way into it to much. Also the people who dress up and go to star trek conventions and learn a whole other language...made up language mind you called Klingon language..scary enough. THese people as well will believe they are or were in a past life part of that era or part of a sci-fi show.

They are the same type of people except they believe they are alien beings.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Attention seeking to fill a void that they have in their lives. That's it in a nutshell. I have seen threads on here of people claiming to have DNA evidence and all it is is some numbers they probably googled on the internet. They have been offered to have their DNA tested in the presence of a skeptic and made all kinds of excuses why they can't do that.

People who post threads like that are of one of two types of people: a lonely, sad person who has social anomalies that keep them from having a close group of friends and turn to outlandish claims to explain their issues. The second is people who have very active imaginations and have immersed themselves so far into the real of science fiction that they have lost touch with reality.

Until I see, in person, a "alien" have their DNA tested and verified, I call shenanigans on all their claims and fear for the coworkers of these people when they lose total touch with reality and start shooting the place up.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

Attention seeking to fill a void that they have in their lives. That's it in a nutshell. I have seen threads on here of people claiming to have DNA evidence and all it is is some numbers they probably googled on the internet. They have been offered to have their DNA tested in the presence of a skeptic and made all kinds of excuses why they can't do that.

When those who make such offers actually follow through perhaps the tests can happen. Until then, all you get is what has been offered. I've made no excuses, and I continue to wait for someone who is ready to find the truth.

Until I see, in person, a "alien" have their DNA tested and verified, I call shenanigans on all their claims and fear for the coworkers of these people when they lose total touch with reality and start shooting the place up.

You probubly won't ever have the opportunity to "see" me or any other would-be alien tested. Why? Because YOU won't step up with an offer of testing.

I've offered to "put my money where my mouth is", neither you or any one else has taken me up on that offer. So, until YOU are ready to truely look for/at the truth, you have nothing to say. So put your "shenanigans" where they belong ... in your pocket!

Again, I will state that if anyone wants to verify my research, you are free to do so. If you want to do further tests on me, I'm ready!

Etharzi od Oma

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
AA is a great designer of the WWW - and has all the skills for web design of a grade 4 WYSIWYG designer. The credibility is astounding.

I will point out for anyone who believes this guy - I've done testing on myself and by the same criteria he is using to claim Alien-ness, I and my female line are all alien and so is my father's maternal line.

He has no matches because, there is less than 7000 people on this planet with full testing. Out of the billions of people on the planet. Entire groups of people aren't tested.

Less than that are in the databases. Fewer still are in the public data banks.

Not finding a match isn't odd. Finding matches is amazing.

[edit on 2010/5/26 by Aeons]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

For what it is worth ... there are some 90,000 records in the Y DNA database. With these 90k more than99% of the human species can be accounted for.

Though it is true that the databases are woefully small, it is not like I haven't found matches. The problem is that they are matches that can't possibly work. The matches, and near 'hits' indicate that I'm Indo-African ... which isn't all that unusual, except; I have NO Indian or African traits ... my phenotype is very solid Northern European / English. Except for my eyes ... sigh ... the Blue - Aqua - Green color changing trick hasn't returned yet. And, all I can get from my camera is a sort of dark grey color, even though when looking its more of a dark blue.

By the way, that site isn't my best work. And, I don't usually do the "look" of a website. I do the programming that makes it all work, connect to databases, allow for interesting graphics and functionality.

Edit to add: Not finding matches is expected, finding matches is supposed to be impossible. Where did you get the 7000 number? There are way more than that in the FBI database, the European database has several times that number. Even many of the ancestry databases exceed that.

Etharzi od Oma

[edit on 26-5-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
reply to post by Aeons

Though it is true that the databases are woefully small, it is not like I haven't found matches. The problem is that they are matches that can't possibly work. The matches, and near 'hits' indicate that I'm Indo-African ... which isn't all that unusual, except; I have NO Indian or African traits ... my phenotype is very solid Northern European / English. Except for my eyes ... sigh ... the Blue - Aqua - Green color changing trick hasn't returned yet. And, all I can get from my camera is a sort of dark grey color, even though when looking its more of a dark blue.

By the way, that site isn't my best work. And, I don't usually do the "look" of a website. I do the programming that makes it all work, connect to databases, allow for interesting graphics and functionality.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

I've heard you say this a thousand times, but what you fail to understand is that just because you don't show physical resembelance to that particular genotype, doesn't mean that you're an alien. You're just phyiscally (and mentally) weird.

Let me know when your rainbow eye thing starts up again and get a video of it. Not pics of you changing colored contacts.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Do yourself a favor and research phenotype - genotype mapping. At least then you will have some basis for your statements.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Do yourself a favor and research phenotype - genotype mapping. At least then you will have some basis for your statements.

Etharzi od Oma

Nah, I'll wait for the aliens to beam the knowledge into my head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join