It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with these people really believing they are aliens??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ok so there is a thread on here of a man who thinks he is an alien, I found his thread spirtually enlightening as he does refrence some good spirtual awareness books, but on another site called "UFODIGEST" There is a woman who also believes her and her husband are ALIENS in human form read some of what she has to say.

Source link - UFO Digest

“January 1, 2009, and I am in a movie theater surrounded by human beings that have no earthly idea what life on earth could be if they only knew the truth. Will December 21, 2012 really leave an impression about change on the human race?” I think not.

Having no idea what the movie would entail other than the actor Keanu Reeves better known in my mind as NEO, I sat next to my husband who has been off earth more than once. He seemed mildly amused at the beginning then sat back as if to shift gears into another realm of calm biofeedback internally while he absorbed the primitive scenes I asked him to endure one more time. Tom is not a one to enjoy movies or anything else on earth for that matter.

You know sometimes I wonder, if these people want to believe they are aliens so bad that they ACTUALLY think they are?? Or if they truely have had these experiences... My mind tells me they are crazy, because I am a believer but not so gullible to believe people who say they are aliens in "Human form." What is up with all these people thinking they are aliens. Can someone please explain?

MOD EDIT: To add source link and proper source tags, remove huge copy and paste.

Please read: Starting a New Thread?

[edit on May 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Anybody like to take a crack at this? Im intrested in knowing what makes people believe they are aliens? Any input would be appriciated...is it physcological? Is it them just wanting attention? Is it a "New Age" thinking? What makes them believe this? Dreams? Hypnosis?

+17 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think it is a desire, in a world of billions, to not be faceless, to be special, to be important.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Delusions in my opinion. She talks about growning up on earth then realizing she was alien. Sounds more like a psychotic break to me.

Just my .02

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

could very well be rex, I just dont get it though. They were born on earth that makes them HUMANS....not aliens?? I in away believe in reincarnation but of an alien?? Oh come on...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

Please add a source link and the proper external source tags to your opening post.

Please read: Posting work written by others.

Thank you.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think some people are so bored or unimpressed with their own life, that they literally believe they are special. If you have ever seen the star children questionaire, you will understand what I mean by special, lol. I dont think mental illness would really play a part mostly, altough possibly low self esteem may play a part.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There are some books that ask you a few questions and when you answer them they tell you that you are a reincarnated angel, alien, step-in etc.
They are very believable because they go into detail describing how you are. I have read a few of them books and according to them I am a reincarnated alien/angel that came to earth to finish some things and my job is to heal others and some other stuff that I can't remember.
Also some people get hypnotized and a bunch of weird stuff comes out and they believe that it is all truth.
Well, I have to go now, I have to fix a light on my flying saucer

+9 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You know what is even more Disturbing?

There are Fruit loops on this Site that believe them.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I believe human, born on Earth, are human. I don't know if reincarnation is a real phenomenon, and probably never will. If it IS real, why, I wonder sometimes, would the soul be recycled into a different creature entirely?

Curiously enough though, I have less of a problem with pondering a person being recycled into another Earth creature, say a dog or a gnat, if somebody REALLY didn't get the lesson.

I doubt I'll ever have substantial conviction, at least while by body is alive.

I think it's POSSIBLE that there are people for whom these neo-alien/human conditions exist. I think it's far more PROBABLE that they are mistaken, but hell, who knows really? for all we know, that's the way it happens......... give us 63 years and we still haven't killed ourselves off, maybe human culture will consider an alien soul to be a given.

I think that would really make entertainment and sports suck, but that's perhaps a vastly different issue.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thread temporarily closed. opened now.

[edit on May 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have found that it is best to just ignore these types of members on this board as they THRIVE off of attention. They jump at every oportunity to debate without logic or reason always laying the burden of proof on the person asking for a logical and reasonable explanation of their claims. These types will talk in circles never countering with proper evidence and/or proof.

They are best left ignored.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Man! this is just delusional thinking, indigo child rubbish. There is no such thing as aliens, everybody know "aliens" are actually Angels here to help mankind achieve a dimensional shift in thinking and perception. It just goes to show you how gullible some people can be........

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

no more or less they want to escape this hellish reality humans have created. I don't blame them one bit. I mean I would rather be Vulcan.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The way I see it is that rather than there being one repeating theme amongst the horde of deluded chumps out there, I think there are various reasons why someone would want to portray themselves as being an alien in human flesh.

First: Attention seeking. These people deliberately make improbable claims, refuse to back them up, and then quiver in quasi sexual delight as threads , newscasts, documentaries and long suffering UFO and paranormal investigators try to figure out what the hell is going on. These types wouldnt be so bad if any of them had a clue about science and space to make thier claims ring kind of true, but ultimately these folks know nothing apart from the hollow sound of thier atrophied brains , trying to smash thier way out of thier owners heads .

Second: Money money money money, money! Oh come on now, you cant be telling me you have never seen a banner or a link that went a little something like this " Aliens are real , and after some deep research and an abduction , I have figured out that I am a Child of the Stars! I am here to share my knowlege with you all! **Please send a stamped adressed envelope to FreakyWayToMakeCash Ltd, containing at least one months salary and the truth of the universe will come to you ...There is a £5 postage fee**". Ok , so at least these people are fulfilling the best traditions of capitalism , making money from other peoples idiocy, but they arent godamn aliens ok ? They are actors and frauds and douches of every stripe but not aliens.

Third: Total disassociation from real life, abandoment of the self , psychotic break? Ok this heading is very broad. Basicaly I refer in this section to those whos beliefs about thier alien nature stem from the fact that they have, lost thier sanity somewhere along the road, and have replaced reality with one which explains that disconnect... EG :

"I dont feel like I know what everyone means when they speak... I dont understand what everyone feels , Im numb to them.... Perhaps... perhaps Im not one of them... perhaps Im something else...*Watches some sci fi madness* OMG IM LIKE TOTALY AN ALIEN DUDE ! EVERYTHING MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE ! Im TOTALY calling my therapist RIGHT NOW to tell her its all ok, cos Im gonna go home to WTFulon 6 in the galaxy known as Nutbaria".
Now , these people I have every sympathy for, mental health issues can be crippling, and really are more problematic than physical ailments in some cases , I cant hold any animosity toward this segment of the EBAB (Earth Bound Alien Brigade).
In general terms however , I believe there are more dangerous elements in the EBAB to worry about.

Fourth: Government btards with hidden agendas. They get everywhere folks. They are hiding in your local garage to make sure the catalytic converters are all good and expensive, in the stock market to make damn sure we are all to scared to fight for freedom, and I believe there are plenty out there whos sole responsibilities as agents , are as follows. In any way they can, to disrupt and throw into disrepute the movement for disclosure , and to paint all who champion its cause, in a negative light. To contain evidence of extra terrestrial life, and ensure that all incident scenes retain as little physical residue as possible, thereby creating a lack of certainty regarding the subject as a whole. To engage in disinformation where ever and when ever possible , to flood the information networks with absolute tripe , in order that seekers of truth always have to wade through crap, rather than being able to swim in the calm blue ocean of crystal clear evidence.
I would say that these are NOT the most sickening of the bunch . Unlike the fraudsters, these guys get trained and have to be psychologicaly conditioned to do this work effectively . At least they probably wouldnt do it for themselves, unlike the charlatans already discussed in the second segment of this post.
All in all there are quite a few motivations amongst the fakers and the deluded. They are not just a bunch of kooks, there are calculating sneaky buggers in that number friends, be under no illusion about it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I´d like to take a crack at this. Though i cannot speak on other people´s behalf, as to why they know/believe they are aliens, i can however relate. I personally KNOW that earth, though i remember having been here atleast twice before, is not where i usually hang out, so to speak. I do sometimes remember, usually while meditating, bits and pieces of past lives, and when i was younger remembered places, i never had the chance to have been to. I can get really homesick sometimes (not earth). Allso i am aware that this body of mine is not who i am, i am merely, in lack of a better word, possosing it. All of this ofcourse impossible to prove, just thought i´d share my 2 cents to why maybe some feel that they are aliens, who knows maybe they are right???

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Case in point.

If it's some form of online forum role playing, it's pretty sad.

And that's the BEST possible scenario.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"StarrGazer25" What does ALIEN mean to you? How do you interpret/understand the terminology of ALIEN? Does the interpretation of ALIEN FEAR you?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thealiveone
I´d like to take a crack at this. Though i cannot speak on other people´s behalf, as to why they know/believe they are aliens, i can however relate. I personally KNOW that earth, though i remember having been here atleast twice before, is not where i usually hang out, so to speak. I do sometimes remember, usually while meditating, bits and pieces of past lives, and when i was younger remembered places, i never had the chance to have been to. I can get really homesick sometimes (not earth). Allso i am aware that this body of mine is not who i am, i am merely, in lack of a better word, possosing it. All of this ofcourse impossible to prove, just thought i´d share my 2 cents to why maybe some feel that they are aliens, who knows maybe they are right???

same here. I can relate to those thinking they are aliens b/c I have memories of having completely different existences previously- at least 4- all were completely different from each other, all they different alien world. there is a lot more that is hidden in my memory and I have been asked by spirits that sent me not to reveal them to myself through hypnosis. I was sent here for a reason.

The life here on Earth brings to me entirely new experiences that I wouldn't have had in the other worlds I have lived in. I was sent here to be my mother's child and I am grateful for that b/c my mother is not like anyone else on earth and comes from a far away world, beautiful and pure that I can only hope to a part of one day...

I hope that I will not have to return to this planet again- one time is enough for me and I would like to move to other places. I just pray that I won't be sent back here the next time and will try to live my life here "right". Unfortunately, I have made plenty of mistakes but I realize and understand where I have failed. I hope I can be forgiven for my mistakes since I realize them and will try to be a better individual, not making the same mistakes again.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by betweentheworlds]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by betweentheworlds]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join