It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India snubs US, hails Iran's N-plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

India snubs US, hails Iran's N-plan

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

TNN, May 21, 2010, 12.40am IST

NEW DELHI: The growing policy rift between India and the US on how to deal with Iran's nuclear enrichment plans has come out in the open with foreign minister S M Krishna disagreeing with the American position to welcome Tehran's decision to send its low enriched uranium stock to Turkey.

"That Iran has agreed to send enriched uranium to Turkey, is, I think, a constructive move," the foreign minister told TOI.

Krishna was replying to a question on US's plans to rope in other members of the UN Security Council to impose sanctions on Iran despite the s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It looks like the regional neighbors are starting to pull together regardless of what anyone else thinks about it.

The last paragraph of the article may speak volumes. It pretty much says that India is concerned with Pakistan's actions as the US is trying to leave Afghanistan, so they are trying to patch up their differences with Iran.

Perhaps one thing that the West has not quite grasped yet, is that these countries are neighbors and must live with each other, and will still be there long after all of the occupying forces are long gone.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think this is a good thing. Iran is, in my opinion, honestly looking for energy solutions. We still have no proof otherwise, only accusations. Id rather see these countries band together to solve their problems than us continue trying to solve social problems with our military.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That's what I was thinking too. These peoples have lived next to each other for centuries, and will still be there long after everyone else has moved on to something else. So they better know how to get along, or it will be a very bumpy ride.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What is said in public and what is done in private are two different things. India's main rival is Pakistan which is an ally of Iran. Dont read TOO much into this.

new topics

top topics

join