It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fmr. EPA Investigator Scott West: US Has Told BP "It Can Do Whatever It Wants and Won't Be Held Acc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Fmr. EPA Investigator Scott West: US Has Told BP "It Can Do Whatever It Wants and Won't Be Held Accountable"

www.democracynow.org

One month after the BP oil spill, we speak to Scott West, a former top investigator at the Environmental Protection Agency who led an investigation of BP following a major oil pipeline leak in Alaska’s North Slope that spilled 250,000 gallons of oil on the Alaskan tundra. Before West finished his investigation, the Bush Justice Department reached a settlement with BP, and the oil company agreed to pay $20 million. At the same time, BP managed to avoid prosecution for the Texas City refinery expl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wrote alot but got a submission error when I clicked on submit.
Also I keep getting logged off for some reason.

Anyhow, this is just too much
It's like every major crisis has govt. invovlement in it

stories or evidence of daily/weekly corruption...

This is just tooo muchh....
When will this end

Is everything a conspiracy theory?

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
signature
"Preventive war was an invention of [Adolf] Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing." Dwight D. Eisenhower

^ I love that signature^

second line

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow, huge!

Maybe you just crossed the line

In its definition, pretty much everything political is a conspiracy these days.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by gandhi]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I admit I do not know all details concerning the BP oil spill (although I doubt many do). If this is the case, that BP can avert responsibility, it is how our system works. Big business granted a favor by the gov(or one of it's agencies like the EPA), now the EPA can hold it over BP's head in the future when the EPA wants something. Just like in Atlas Shrugged.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Also I keep getting logged off for some reason.

When will this end

Any chance you are logged into another forum w/a login clock? When I'm in multiple forums and one clocks out, it logs me out of all the other forums...just thought I'd throw that atcha.

Now...Star and a flag.

It is seeming more and more that we are electing people who will continually punish our population for being passive.

These guys could have come outright and said this in a press conference and I don' think anybody would have done a thing.

As long as we can still buy their Pepsi and chicken nuggets...and we still have our horsepower--we remain complacent.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
From todays CNN News.

And Rep. Ed Markey, who leads a House subcommittee investigating the disaster, told reporters, "I think now we are beginning to understand that we cannot trust BP."

"People do not trust the experts any longer," said Markey, D-Massachusetts. "BP has lost all credibility. Now the decisions will have to be made by others, because it is clear that they have been hiding the actual consequences of this spill."

The Obama administration Thursday ordered BP to release all data related to the massive oil spill, telling the company that Americans deserve "nothing less than complete transparency."

www.cnn.com...

There are certainly incongruences in these two stories.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Seems like thiers alot of this going on..paying money to avoid prosecution. justince is so blind now... its called a payoff* especially with the judges. remember few weeks ago, a few judges were caught, sentencing people to jail, as they would get a bonus? innocent people going to jail..
to avoid prosecution, you can bet the back of your hands,money is indeed involved,to certain persons*

new topics

top topics

join