It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico’s Calderon Urges U.S. to Stem Flow of Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Mexico’s Calderon Urges U.S. to Stem Flow of Guns

Calderon, speaking at the U.S. Congress during a visit to Washington, urged legislators to reinstate an assault-weapon ban, saying violence in Mexico escalated when the ban expired six years ago. More than 90 percent of weapons used in violent crimes in Mexico are brought in illegally from the U.S., according to the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

..So not only did he (again) call AZ law racist, saying and I quote:

“My government does not favor the breaking of any rules,” Calderon said. “What we need today is to fix a broken and inefficient system. We favor the establishment of laws that work.”

Which I thought was effing hilarious.. because it's Mexico, the most corrupt country in the World..

But now he's demanding, at our own Congress, that gun restriction be placed on law abiding American Citizens because drug lord are illegally purchasing them in the USA.

How about this Calderon: Train your governments soldiers to better fight thugs and gangsters, and take down the Worlds biggest drug problem. To blame these problems on American civil liberties is sooo pathetic and asinine I am having problem coming up with words to describe his ineptitude. He should be deported from this country as unceremoniously as possible and never allowed to return, we should seal the border with Mexico and prohibit all trade with them. THEN, no guns can get in, their situation, according to their moron of a President, will be solved.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That whole gun thing with Mexico is a joke. Most of the third world uses Russian or Chinese sks or ak's.

www.jpfo.org...

Playing with the figures again. The info is a little dated but the general message remains.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think you guys are taking anything this guy says and basically just crapping on it.

Should we, and we should, remove our military from any country not our own and deal with the border and port security properly, we could certainly help curtail the drugs coming in and guns getting out.

I have no doubt that Mexico has a problem with guns bought in the US, legally purchased or otherwise.

However, Mexico is nowhere close to the most corrupt government in the world. You might be overlooking almost every nation in Africa, quite a few in western and eastern Europe, our own government, and a number in Asia.

Sure Mexico isn't great, but the drug money (in US dollars) is hard to compete with. The drug cartels have very deep pockets, which makes it very easy to purchase loyalty and very hard to stamp out unless they want to make the police officers millionaires (which still wouldn't entirely work).

The whole situation is a mess. The border and port/access security is step one, operated by the military that does little good sitting on other nations land.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Whether or not the guns being used are Chinese, Russian or American, it doesn't matter. Even the Mexican git, Calderon has admitted (as does the US Government) that the majority of weapons flowing into Mexico are purchased ILLEGALLY .. and are often military grade weapons, not weapons you'd buy at your small town gun shop.

Assuming we banned "assault" rifles again, or all guns actually, Mexican drug lords would still get guns.. why? Because they have billions of dollars, and they'd get them from one source or another.. something tells me a drug lord doesn't care much for "laws".

If you ask me, Obama supports the Mexicans illegal immigration, and Mexico supports disarming the American populace. Each issue is beneficial to each leader, truly partners in crime, carrying on the lovely relationship of Bush and Fox.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey Calderon, we will stop the flow of guns going into Mexico, if you stop the flow of drugs and illegals coming into the US. Chicken and egg?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpuck, I would have to agree with you on the absurd misrepresentations of Calderon. The Obamanation is sitting back and allowing the multiple catastrophes inundate the American people. The division, and economic strife that he is causing will allow for the chaos to ensue. Of which, Albert Pike, the Freemason Grand Commander, Arkansas Grand High Priest of that State in 1853-54, and First Eminent Command of Hugh de Payens Commandery No. 1, in Little Rock states in his book, Morals and Dogma, that he intended to cause chaos and then out of chaos, bring order. I notice that your avatar is indeed Masonic. So I have to question your motivations here. Are you informing, to just cause chaos? And then Ordo Ab Chao?
I mean no disrespect, but it does cause me to wonder.
www.srorlando.org...
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Violater1]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Let us pretend the US banned guns and shut down all gun distributors, then collected all guns.

Is he saying the drug lords wouldn't be able to get guns anymore?

Is that his argument?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Let us pretend the US banned guns and shut down all gun distributors, then collected all guns.

Is he saying the drug lords wouldn't be able to get guns anymore?

Is that his argument?

Well, I'm sure that Clinton, Halder, Obama, etc believe that.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
That whole gun thing with Mexico is a joke. Most of the third world uses Russian or Chinese sks or ak's.
www.jpfo.org...
Playing with the figures again. The info is a little dated but the general message remains.

Exactly, who is to say that Jose is not obtaining the rifles in the USA and taking them across the border. Or for that matter, Jose maybe obtaining them from his Afghan opium middleman! This going without saying, that this whole operation, like Air America, Is CIA! Where did all of the AK's go after the fall of Iraq? Too bad we can't get those serial numbers and attempt to cross reference them to Mexico.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Exactly! Military hardware is not being purchased in the US. The cartels get them from Mexican military. When you have assets like the cartels do, it is easy to get weapons. My point was that you here squat about the weapons China and Russia sells to every third world dictator. No, they all come from the US

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angiras
Hey Calderon, we will stop the flow of guns going into Mexico, if you stop the flow of drugs and illegals coming into the US. Chicken and egg?

You get a star from me as this is the EXACT same thing I was thinking. Calderon has no right to make demands like this when Mexican gang violence is spilling over into the United States, illegals from Mexico continue breaking our laws by entering the country illegally and drugs continue to be trafficked from his country into the U.S.

What an effing dick Calderon is!

[edit on 20-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Well the US Gov DOES supply the Mexican military with their weaponry.. they are apparently to ignorant to manage their military by themselves, we have been training them to combat these drug insurgence since Bush was in office.. specifically, about 9 years ago actually. I don't doubt at all the weapons being used in Mexico, on both sides of that war come from America.. I don't believe for a second though that they are coming from your typical fire arms dealer.

They are coming, like you say, from the Military (which sometimes what's the difference, right?) or from black market sources.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I have no idea what the hell your talking about.. I'm a Freemason, ya, but I'm also a Libertarian AMERICAN and I don't like what that imbecile is saying from our White House lawn! If you have anything relevant to the thread, please, by all means add it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
OK I'm all for your bashing, but the only reason that Mexico has been hitting our danger radar in the last few years is because this guy is really trying to clean up Mexico. Anyways, that being said it was pretty effing dumb on his part to say that Americans need to have a ban on weapons. To be honest, I am surprised he has lived this long with all the drug "capos' being killed and arrested. I also agree with everyone else, I mean USA is not the only gun maker in the planet, most corrupt nations as someone mentioned above (Russia, Africa, China, etc.) are the main favorite type of weapons for these kinds of people.
Mexico has a long way to go and Calderon is trying to change Mexican history

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by qbanthinker305

Calderon is an American puppet, placed there because he worked well with our government, as opposed to the more popular leftist, there were plenty of protest in Mexico over a sham election after he won. The only thing happening in Mexico is a rearrangement of drug money.. older cartels were killed off, and new ones are taking over.. the richest man in south America is a Mexican drug lord, mysteriously never seen in public, he rules the drug world from the shadows.. and somehow, through all this mess, his business has hardly been disrupted. If anything, it's grown..

If you ask me, Calderon has his hands in the cookie jar.. from the bottom up drug money filters into government offices, to assume a multi billionaire can't buy a politician, then use the army to consolidate the drug trade into a mega-drug monopoly .. well.. you can't deny it.. because that's exactly how we expect Government officials to act.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
...Yeah we must control American citizens access to fire arms and curtail their 2nd Amendment rights because Mexican Drug Cartels are spending millions of dollars with international arms dealers to obtain military grade weapons. Makes total sense to me.

Who is this spineless little corrupt # anyway and why is he trying to dictate policy to us when his country is in shambles through government corruption and lawlessness? Besides this guy is going to be without his head in five years when his masters grow tired of him and want to install a new more eager cardboard cutout anyway. So who cares?

I guess this is purely the Mexican way though. Got a problem in your own country? Take it out on America. I can't believe our fearless leaders cheered this little pig. I was pretty neutral on this issue but after watching this corrupt joke being cheered by our corrupt jokes, I'm pretty angry.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
To a drug lord, breaking a gun law is the same as me stepping on an ant. A gun law will only hurt law-abiding citizens, and not the career criminals.

new topics

top topics

join