It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Georgia Guard and Reserve troops imminent/mobilzation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hope this helps even in the slightest, but just a few hours ago I saw two aircraft (almost impossible to be identified, since it was at night) heading East/SouthEast in a tiny formation. The fact the were moving in a formation tips up to me that they might have been military. They were high too. I mean, I'm no aviation expert but it seems like they were probably between 3-7 thousand feet. All I could barely make out were two nav lights on each one, seemed like one blinked near the nose before one on the rear (Dunno if that's important, and probably is not). Either way, it was weird that I saw that and then read this hours later. Also, earlier today or yesterday my mom and I heard a chopper with a REAL deep percussion sound to the rotors. This kind of made me think of maybe a Blackhawk but I didn't see it, I can't be certain.

Finally, I know this isn't the paranormal area of the forums, but all day today I couldn't get out of my head the idea that something weird was happening. I kept looking up as if I expected to see a UFO or something, furthermore, that feelings lasted a long time (probably from ~4:00p-8:00p). I never felt it for four hours before. It could just be me but thought it might be worth adding since every now and again I get a really funky feeling before s*** hits the fan.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Now thats scary. I cant imagine what it'll be like if Florida is evacuated

Ever play Fallout 3? That...minus nuked wasteland (Just black "water").

Sorry bout double posting...Short term memory.

wooow edited way too much. Sorry, first to add, again to add, now to remove and then add again. I'm done posting here for now.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by philosearcher]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
UPDATE 2 : Minn. National Guard deployment largest since WWII

SOMETHING IS UP. Let's hope it's just a drill....

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

edit on 5/20/2010 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

Come on OP, did you even read that Minnesota link? They are talking about deployment within the next several months.. and a deployment to Iraq and Kuwait to assist in troop draw down in Iraq. It is nothing out of the ordinary.

Edit to say:

I'm not trying to come off as rude, or denying the fact that something could be up.. but the particular article you posted has nothing of concern in it to me. Other than that one thing, I stared and flagged the thread.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by broahes]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
-sighs-

War is soo 5 years ago...cant we think of better national pasttimes...I mean, wtf.

anyhow, heres to the great US war against erm...who now? lets hit antartica...those penguins have been asking for it.

incidently, there hasn't really been alot of saber rattling around the world overall...so I reckon this could potentially be the oil issue..just prepping for whatever the science geeks are predicting...better to be prepared and overreact than not prepared and falter in support should things turn out really bad.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

Come on OP, did you even read that Minnesota link? They are talking about deployment within the next several months.. and a deployment to Iraq and Kuwait to assist in troop draw down in Iraq. It is nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks for clearing it up...ya, I didn't read the article yet because of no real info...but that makes the most sense.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Vitchilo

I dunno about this. You are linking to another forum, and have a thread based on what another person said, and nothing more.

I'll beleive it, when there is a more credible source, but appreciate the heads up.

And even if it is true. Just being deployed doesn't necessarily mean anything. We don't know what their being deployed too, and until we know that all we have is speculation.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Originally posted by boondock-saint
it would leave our whole right flank open
to invasion by Chinese Forces per
Operation Blackjack.

Now that's VERY interesting indeed.

Three million rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 1,500 rocket-propelled grenades and more than 3,000 mortar rounds and mortar tubes are among the cargo on the Chinese ship, according to copies of the inventory published by a South African newspaper.

In that news story (April 2008) the ammo was being sent to Mugabe's regime in Zimbabwe.

China has invested 444 billion in Africa, mainly for resources. Africa is also a stone's throw from Florida.

It's been 2 years since the article was written. What has happened since then?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

it would leave our whole right flank open
to invasion by Chinese Forces per
Operation Blackjack.

If China was going to invade while the east coast was evacuated, it would not make sense, with civilians out of the way we could use all the nukes and chems we wanted to in order to stop their advance.

link   
How does sending additional National Guard troops to Iraq assist in a draw down in troop numbers in Iraq ?

That is just silly.

Whatever this is, it can only be preparations for something within the US.
Economic melt down ?
Mass forced evacuations ?
Oil cleanup ?

What is odd, and particularly worries me is that as far as we all know, the state police are not in on it. If they were, someone here would have picked that up.

If that turns out to be correct, then it is possible Obama may be edging closer to declaring the US under full military occupation, and impose martial law.

link   
I'm wondering if this is where they are getting the evacuation of Tampa Bay area idea from.. it's the only thing that I could find as a legitimate source..

Tens of thousands in Tampa Bay area affected by new hurricane evacuation maps

If you live in the Tampa Bay area, check your hurricane evacuation map. You might be among the tens of thousands of families who suddenly find themselves in a more vulnerable zone.
The changes are the result of new storm surge models by the National Hurricane Center in Miami. That data, collected by a plane affixed with new topography sensors, showed considerable differences in storm surge risk in Florida's coastal communities.
So new evacuation maps are being drawn, starting with the Tampa Bay area.

Source

I only bring this up as a possibility because it is an article from May 20, 2010.. the same date that this started floating around.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I assume your post was directed at my post, so I will answer..

More troops means more security. As the article states, many will be going to Kuwait to help in the draw down of troops. Others will go to Iraq. Again, my comments were based on putting that piece of info out there.. what was clearly stated in the article.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Good point Broahes
The Hurricane season is almost here, and long range weather forecasters may be worried about another Katrina.
So it would make sense to bring the National Guard up to a state of readiness for instant deployment.

[edit on 21/5/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

I assume your post was directed at my post, so I will answer..

More troops means more security. As the article states, many will be going to Kuwait to help in the draw down of troops. Others will go to Iraq. Again, my comments were based on putting that piece of info out there.. what was clearly stated in the article.

More security from what ?

These are front line battle troops for heavens sake.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Also remember that the Gulf is 20 degrees warmer than normal right now which is a major ominous sign for hurricane season. It could be from the oil spill and methane gas leak but who knows. I fear this summer is going to be very bad for our country. War, economic collapse, weather etc.

Unemployment just hit a three month high and nobody is even talking about it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

That's a good point, but I still don't think that it is out of the ordinary to build up troops in order to move equipment and such out of the war zones.

As for the article I linked about Hurricane season, I don't think there is a build up of troops to assist with any kind of evacuation. I think some of the blogs that are talking about evacuating Tampa seen this article and allowed their imaginations to run wild with it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher

Whoa ! This just hit me like a ton of bricks . Blackwater as in the private millitary contractors .What if that name was taken from insider knowledge of the Oil Rig too come , being a planned precursor to their rise ( I don't mean just blackwater nor am I saying they did it )! But when you see it like that it would be a menacing play on words . I mean if the rig explosion was planned and was a marker in time , denoting the endgame comming into action .Just look at what has happened in this short period since the spill , we have had the spill it's self, the market crash and now korea .Not saying this is so but it would fit nicely .Too nicely ! Sorry to go off topic but just seeing the oil spill being discussed and then seeing the words Blackwater like that something just threw the switch .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by exlibertateveritas
If China was going to invade while the east coast was
evacuated, it would not make sense, with civilians out
of the way we could use all the nukes and chems we
wanted to in order to stop their advance.

I guess u didn't read up on Operation Blackjack.
The US is NOT gonna attempt to stop the Chinese
forces due to the deal made. Getting the civilians
out of the way is a way of hiding the fact they are giving
it away to the Chinese.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by philosearcher

Whoa ! This just hit me like a ton of bricks . Blackwater as in the private millitary contractors .What if that name was taken from insider knowledge of the Oil Rig too come , being a planned precursor to their rise ( I don't mean just blackwater nor am I saying they did it )! But when you see it like that it would be a menacing play on words . I mean if the rig explosion was planned and was a marker in time , denoting the endgame comming into action .Just look at what has happened in this short period since the spill , we have had the spill it's self, the market crash and now korea .Not saying this is so but it would fit nicely .Too nicely ! Sorry to go off topic but just seeing the oil spill being discussed and then seeing the words Blackwater like that something just threw the switch .

After I typed it, I saw the play on words too and just thought...wow, that's mildly humorous. Interesting though, and thank you for putting into words what I did not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
In the "for what it's worth" catagory; I'm a LEO on duty as I type this and I have not heard anything on the radio remotely related to this. I have checked out the two guard bases in my area both are quiet. As a matter of fact, one is too quiet. The whole place is dark with not so much as a street light or security light on. There has been talk of it closing down, but there has still been activity there up until now.
Now, with the mercy of the mods I will make a little side note. I am a 10 year vet and a better than ten year LEO. LEO's are trained observers and we are taught to note even the smallest change in our area. Personnaly I can tell you if a stray cat comes into my area because I have riden the same streets for so long. Having said that, I can tell you that the military activity in this area has tripled over the last two years. I have helped train some of the Army Special Forces in this area and I have observed that training change as we have gone along. The group that I was helping has moved to VA to do there training so I don't get to participate any more. There was several LEOs that helped with the training here and I was told by one of them yesterday that the last training session for this area, instead of the LEO acting as the enemy (which we usually did) they were invited to work with the military as "good guys". Also in a recent AF training event here in my area the scenarios seemed that they were designed for a state side event. Things were said like "we don't know if this particular nieghbor is for us or against us" (us..meaning the military). Just some food for thought.
seeashrink

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
UPDATE:
Hilary Clinton is on her way to Japan

www.cnn.com...

South Korean President expected to make National
TV speech Mon or Tues.

Lee had vowed Thursday to
take "resolute countermeasures" against the North over
the sinking. He was expected to give an address to the
nation on Monday or Tuesday.