It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Georgia Guard and Reserve troops imminent/mobilzation

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I went walking in a Minneapolis park and heard a helicopter flying around, which I've never heard while walking there. Drove past the armory and it was flying in the back behind some trees. Thought it was interesting, made me think of this thread.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well to add I am in Wv an last night at about 0200 a ffew military copters flew over my home at tree level.......the house shook. It woke me and the pets pretty harshly............I live in a low valley. I would think night training but usually not on a Thursday night. I have seen it alittle on weekends......weird last night. Maybe nothing ........I sure hope not and I did not take it serious until I read thru this thread.......hum. Well hunker down and pray. times are dangerous and no one knows what the future holds........pray. George Washington said have faith and pray.........Im with him. Pray

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DONNYxMC

and thank you for not taking offense to my reply.

I have pretty thick skin. Although I have my hot buttons same as everyone, it would take more than that to offend me.

Folks tend to accept all the hype that comes their way, and don't stop to think. they don't 'think through' what it is you guys do, and have to put up with, like crazy RoE's and such. I've known of folks to turn down that sort of work because it required travel in armored SUVs. The general public thinks 'what's the problem? Armor is great, right?' and never even considers that you can't roll the (armored) windows down to lay down fire and keep the opposition's heads down while you exit the kill zone, and that there are times when a single IED will turn your pretty SUV into a really expensive microwave oven. An RPG7 can make a tiny quarter sized hole on the outside, and leave a helluva mess on the inside. Joe public never stops to think about that, just assumes 'cause you tote a gun, you gotta be BAD.

I apologize, right here in front of God and everybody, for my use of the term 'merc'. It's not a bad term, but carries some terribly negative connotations these days, mostly due to a lot of hysteria just such as we see here. It was an honorable term for millennia, and the only things different now are public perceptions. I've found soldiers are soldiers wherever and 'whenever' you go, and all that changes is their perception in the public mind. Most Christians don't ever even recognize that King David, one of their heroes, was a 'mercenary' for a number of years. Same goes for Mohammed and his 'Companions' for the muslims. It ain't always a BAD thing.

My hat's off to you. I truly do appreciate what you guys do on the PSDs, and shudder to imagine how much more dangerous the world would be for the Principals without you all. Not all of the Principals are knotheads. It's the luck of the draw.

Anyhow, my guess is that all this concern we have here is nothing more than more folks noticing the mobilizations for 'Summer Camps' (which happen every year), together with some ramped up FTXs and possibly a bit of 'pre-positioning' to cover bases in case the Gulf of Mexico situation develops into something requiring more 'supervision'. It's by no means a foregone conclusion that that will occur, but some folks already have the major highway arteries clogged in their own minds, and that sort of hysteria, combined with a lot of other 'notions' floating around here, could make a bad situation infinitely worse, as in 'Chinese Fire Drill' worse.

[edit on 2010/5/21 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
No u don't have a naval/air force base in jax called NAS JAX, Craig Airfield. NAS JAX has nothing to do with Craig and isn't even on the same side of town. Craig is municipally owned. NAS JAX has no Air Force component. Get ur facts straight.

Originally posted by Misoir
More 'unconfirmed' reports coming in from my side. We have a naval/airforce base in Jacksonville; NAS JAX, Craig Airfield. There has been a military chopper(pale green) doing circles around the woods and over my house. It is just barely above the trees, it happens sometimes but now there are two of them. It freekin sounds like they're gonna crash!

Nothing on the news, nothing online. Either this is a very strange coincidence and there's nothing happening, or something bad is happening.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pacific_waters

I believe NAS JAX has an USAF reserve component on the other side of the airfield.........The Mayport Station is only USN.......

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenchan`
my bro is stationed at fort learned wood (might be miss spelled) Georgia and i haven't herd any thing about his unit shipping out any time soon probably another unit since his is bridge crewmen

Ft. Leonard Wood is in Missouri. Its about an hour from me... No unusual activiy there (its a basic training as well as advanced training location for Joint services now).

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

yeah the majority of people out their think a 9mm bullet will not go through a car door. when in fact it will not only go through a car door but turn the round and all the metal it went through into a bunch of shrapnel. imagine a bigger round. here in afgan you absolutely do not roll your windows down. they protect you from sand, rocks, bullets, shrapnel, spit, gasoline... name it and they will throw it at you.. if you take small arms fire you punch it and drive faster. you dont circle the wagons and kill the "terrorist" you get the hell outta dodge. your princibles life is more important then a kill count. soft skin vehicles in these kinds of areas are just suicide. straight up and down death traps. soft cars DO NOT stop any kind of rounds. they make them more lethal by adding more metal in your face. look at what happend in fallujah. IED hits you, you punch it and if you cant.. then the guy behind you rams you and pushes you out of the X. the media makes me laugh sometimes.. i come home and people think im some merc cowboy making matters worse over there. when in fact we are protecting the poor diplomats that would get beheaded for trying to help a war torn country. 4 out of 5 times we travel we take small arms. they replace hard windows as often as you fill up a tank. you would be surprised what those SUVs can handle. i seen them get nailed by rpgs and still roll. granted everyone inside has burning lungs and bleeding eyes they still live... soft cars would turn into a blender. this is totally off topic ha! misinformation is a big factor of not only what we are talkking about but what this thread is based on. everytime a helo flys by someone thinks fema camps are around the corner.. but i guess if you sat in your room all day you really wouldnt know any better.. as messed up as it sounds i would love to be helping out a natural disaster.im sure us contractors will be getting jobs if it gets as bad as they say it will with this oil. and to the OP no worries on the people geting deployed and called up. half of them knew they were goin to iraq. and the other half are either in exercises or getting ready to clean some oil up. wow... im really ranting today. you dont join the military thinking you aren't gonna see war. and its completely impossible for 2 mill troops UN or not to go unnoticed... the US of A is got to many cameraphones and rubber knecking neighbors

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

shoot me your contact info via U2U. i cant reply due to lack of posts... im new here. ha

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by promomag

Hmmm, well. I made a thread on Tuesday May 18th that an F-16 had just buzzed my house here in Berkeley..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, I do not know what type of jet this was, one of the F series I am sure. It went west (from the Golden Gate) towards the east (Berkeley Hills), was going fast and low.

So, I did not hear or see anything on the day that picture was allegedly taken.

my 2 cents worth.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So when is this one getting moved to the HOAX thread?

I have yet to see anything out of the ordinary on Fort Stewart, and I've drove through the base twice after this thread started. It wasn't empty.. it wasn't a buzz.. it was just as it almost always is.. normal.

If ALL Georgia Guard and Reserve troops were preparing for anything, I would know. ALL would mean the gentleman beside me at this very moment wouldn't in fact, be sitting beside me.

Resistance is Peace.

Peace.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm scared, what's actually going on guys? Should I be worried?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Was driving from Chattanooga to Nashville a trip I make very often as I go to school in Chattanooga saw a convoy of about 8 National Guard hummers and a few exits up there were some sitting at the on ramp to the interstate. I have never seen that in my trips to and from. I saw this thread and thought I might add this could be coincidence could be related...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DONNYxMC

Oh... If only you knew the man you just gave that "flowery" reply to.

Erik Prince's entire company is a bunch of pansies, no matter WHAT they change their name to this week.

NO operator worth their salt has ANY respect for those folks.

I'll stand by Nenothtu, I know a PORTION of where HE's coming from, and trust me... He KNOWS what he's talking about.

I also respectfully understand your "offense" for lack of a better word, at the term "merc".

So all's well now, isn't it?

It's good to see the collective voices of reason and experience in a thread that was quickly becoming a "Charlie Foxtrot".

[edit on 22/5/10 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheChemist187

In a word: NO.

2nd line. Back to reality.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Excellent Thread. I appreciate all the factual input. I'm not a military guy so I appreciate the information that has been given here so far. I'm glad that we have nothing to be concerned about ..........so far.

thanks

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

Originally posted by TheChemist187

In a word: NO.

2nd line. Back to reality.

Thank you for putting these idiots to bed. Some of the paranoid posts here was beginning to border on the absurd. I live right next to several military installations in Colorado Springs and there is nothing out of the ordinary out here going on.

Also anyone planning to invade the US is in for a serious nightmare. Do you know how large and porous this country is? Our huge army couldn't go into a little place like Vietnam and wrangle the rebels so what makes you think ANY world army or even our own could subdue this vast expanse of land? Maybe a couple of cities but it would be short lived.

Think strong BE strong. Stop reading so much crap from a lot of folks who have too much time on their hands and are looking for everything to go wrong, that our government is out for us. I've got news for you - our government is so inept that they couldn't fulfill this plan, if it were real, on their best day.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by kronos11]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is my first post on ATS, although I have been lurking for years. I am reporting from the border of PA and MD that I have observed no unusual activity at the underground pentagon (site R.)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
I would guess there is preparation for evacuation of portions of the gulf coast. The evacuations will be mandatory. If the leak can't be controlled it will be nuked.

Sunday is critical. A gut shot of debri will be made to close the leak. It may or may not work. If it doesn't then prepare for evacuation and the nuke. My opinion.

You Honestly, seriously w/ all your heart, think they will "nuke" the Gulf Coast???

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I live in Virginia, and on Friday, May 21 I saw a convoy of about 8-10 military passing by my work and they weren't wasting anytime moving it down the road. I work out in the country and I have never seen any military vehicles out that way. Maybe they were on some training mission, I don't know, but it just kinda shocked me. I didn't give it much more thought until I just read this thread. Also, there are no known military bases, that I know of, here on my side of VA. Most of the bases are on the other side of the state in the coastal areas.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
I live in Virginia, and on Friday, May 21 I saw a convoy of about 8-10 military passing by my work and they weren't wasting anytime moving it down the road. I work out in the country and I have never seen any military vehicles out that way. Maybe they were on some training mission, I don't know, but it just kinda shocked me. I didn't give it much more thought until I just read this thread. Also, there are no known military bases, that I know of, here on my side of VA. Most of the bases are on the other side of the state in the coastal areas.

Radford, Abingdon, and Richlands armories come to my immediate mind. Don't know how far west you are, but there are guard and reserve units in several places. 80th Training Division housed at Abingdon, not sure of other unit designations, but I know they're there, having visited their armories at one time or another.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join