It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Georgia Guard and Reserve troops imminent/mobilzation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Listen everyone.... All I am saying is in the future if a loved one in the military calls you and tells you they are short notice deploying, it is because they dont want you to worry when they are gone all of a sudden and didnt say goodbye. They are telling you because they care about you.

So PLEASE extend them the courtesy of keeping that secret safe and not going out and posting it for the world to see. It really does put them in much more danger than they would have been had you held your tongue.

Just something to consider for the future.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

Maybe you should post that to the source page then, as this OP didn't spill the beans about his son..

I agree, it just looks like you are making it out like an ATS member done this.. it is clearly just a member relaying a message found online.. I thought that's what we do here. Try to get to the bottom of things. I think we are doing just that in this thread.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

en.wikipedia.org...

BP plc is a British global energy company that is also the third largest global energy company and the 4th largest company in the world. As a multinational oil company ("oil major") BP is the UK's largest corporation, with its headquarters in St James's, City of Westminster, London.[2][3][4] BP America's headquarters is in the Two Westlake Park in the Energy Corridor area of Houston, Texas. The company is among the largest private sector energy corporations in the world, and one of the six "supermajors" (vertically integrated private sector oil exploration, natural gas, and petroleum product marketing companies).[5] The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.

Note "BP plc" stands for British.

In this text it is quoted: "BP PLC":

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mark Proegler, a spokesman for oil giant BP PLC, said a mile-long tube inserted into a leaking pipe over the weekend is capturing 210,000 gallons a day - the total amount the company and the Coast Guard have estimated is gushing into the sea - but some is still escaping. He would not say how much.

They use gallons instead of barrels. 42 gallons fit into one barrel. That is, 5.000 barrels a day.

But, lo! there's more in good ol Wiki:

Scientists have been requesting the right to monitor the amount of oil that is actually being released per day, but "'The answer is no to that,' a BP spokesman, Tom Mueller, said on Saturday, May 15. 'We’re not going to take any extra efforts now to calculate flow there at this point. It’s not relevant to the response effort, and it might even detract from the response effort.'[55] Steven Wereley, an associate professor of mechanical engineering at Purdue University, analyzed videotape of the leak using particle image velocimetry and estimated oil flow rates at between 56,000 barrels to 84,000 barrels per day.[56] or equivalent to one Exxon Valdez spill every 3.5 to 2.4 days.

This is a huge disaster, and it is British Petrol, not Bharat. Most probable cause for sizable evacuation, and FEMA is on alert in Tampa FL.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
Here is a scenario.... ALI BABA is sitting on his couch in Georgia eating curry with his laptop surfing forums...

He clicks and Woah...look at dis??? Someones kid told them that all the GA national guard is deploying at once...

Hmm.. Ali proceeds to the closet and grabs his shoulder fired rocket and heads to the nearest military airfield and waits for the first c-17 to take off cause chances are its loaded to the hilt....

Follow me?

In all fairness most troop deployments are spoken of in the press before they even happen. It's not like he would be saying anything these people couldn't find in the paper.

not so, if secrecy was desired for an "emergency", the would be no press releases, or at best contrarian ones. Not saying there is something to this, just that the press would not necessarily know pre-mobilization. If "secrecy" was important, they would do what they can to keep it hush hush or issue disinfo, as if that needs to be stated on this site.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I am not blaming anyone here on ATS. Fact is that it is a TOP thread now and very visable. And when it was posted originally (by whomever on whatever site) it was not in the news am I correct?

Look...again, all I am saying is this IS a site where people could and probably would post something they hear that is big about troop movement without thinking of the consequences.

I am only asking people at ATS to look at this scenario and at least consider holding out on posting something about our Armed Forces movement before you hear about it in the local news. I.E. your son calls you and tells you that he and all the GA National Guard are about to be on the move somewhere.

Not blaming anyone......

Thanks!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus

not so, if secrecy was desired for an "emergency", the would be no press releases, or at best contrarian ones. Not saying there is something to this, just that the press would not necessarily know pre-mobilization. If "secrecy" was important, they would do what they can to keep it hush hush or issue disinfo, as if that needs to be stated on this site.

Oh yea, you are going to move thousands of men and tons of military equipment without most of the populace noticing. Even trying to call that secret is silly.

You are all getting crank yanked. When the DoD does "secret" deployments it does not involve massive maneuvering. I've been around those too, we were told not to talk and considering I haven't gotten any word from the man that says "Hey, don't talk about this", I doubt anyone on ATS has broken OPSEC.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

Thanks for clarifying, I was just confused by your original post further up where you said the OP heard if from a family member.. I didn't realize you were talking about the OP's source OP. I apologize.

There was just someone here earlier that was referring to the OP as the source.

Again, glad to clear that up. Thanks again.

Peace.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
Here is a scenario.... ALI BABA is sitting on his couch in Georgia eating curry with his laptop surfing forums...

He clicks and Woah...look at dis??? Someones kid told them that all the GA national guard is deploying at once...

Hmm.. Ali proceeds to the closet and grabs his shoulder fired rocket and heads to the nearest military airfield and waits for the first c-17 to take off cause chances are its loaded to the hilt....

Follow me?

No offense and I understand your concerns, as I would have the same ones, but if jihad muhammed sitting in his Atlanta apartment, right now, had a stinger he planned on using to take out a military aircraft, he most likely would have used it so far. Not something he would want to sit on for too long for fear of discovery.

If there is any relevancy to this thread, the population should most assuredly be warned of general facts , but to alleviate your concerns, most definitely no specifics that would put troops in harms way should be posted.

If someone was posting, "they are leaving now, planes taking off as we speak", COULD give the most ignorant, out of the loop terrorist something to hang his hat on, but this is not going to be the place they are generally coming for their intel. They would only have one shot at it, and they will not waste it on something posted here. If they are looking for just such a chance as taking down a loaded C-130, They will know whats up before most here would. i.e. constantly watching the base gathering intel and waiting for an opportunity.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Oh yea, you are going to move thousands of men and tons of military equipment without most of the populace noticing. Even trying to call that secret is silly.

You are all getting crank yanked. When the DoD does "secret" deployments it does not involve massive maneuvering. I've been around those too, we were told not to talk and considering I haven't gotten any word from the man that says "Hey, don't talk about this", I doubt anyone on ATS has broken OPSEC.

I didn't say moving, I said "pre-mobilization, and no one said they have any kind of "official" verification, it is all rumor, but if a few of the posters are telling the truth, there MAY be something to it, and still at the stages where no press is being notified.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I believe if 'Muhummad' had a Stinger, he would take down a fully loaded 747 coming to or leaving an airport.

Shooting down a military plane won't terrorize the populace, shooting down a passenger plane will. Might even make people afraid to fly for a while.

Terrs tend to massacre the helpless, even when it is a suicide bombing.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Agreed.
Even when we do see a post that says, 'My friend told me this, but don't tell anyone' it ends up being a hoax more often than not.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I didn't say moving, I said "pre-mobilization, and no one said they have any kind of "official" verification, it is all rumor, but if a few of the posters are telling the truth, there MAY be something to it, and still at the stages where no press is being notified.

There is nothing to it. This probably some Steve Quayle ardent screaming run for the hills and I bet....Yea, I went to his website and there is the rumored claptrap about a gulf evacuation. "Pre-mobilization"? No, they'd tell you about that too because the end result is people freaking out like you see here. All the local troop movements except Spec Ops special missions are publicized in the local paper. The guard is no exception.

Considering last week it was the "UN convoy", i'd say too many people on this site are gullible.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by Vitchilo
We'll see if this is confirmed...

From Tickerforum

Just got a call from my son...driving home from spring semester at North Georgia College. He is in the reserves and attending the Corps of Cadets there. He is telling me something big is up. Just got a call from his unit that they are mobilizing immediately. ALL GEORGIA UNITS. Unconfirmed at the moment. Don't see anything on any big news besides Korea. Wonder if there is more going on there than we think....will break more as I find out whether this is a big deal or not.

UPDATE : Alabama Marine reserve units now too it seems.

UPDATE 2 : Minn. National Guard deployment largest since WWII

SOMETHING IS UP. Let's hope it's just a drill....

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

edit on 5/20/2010 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

What a shock, I just found out on zerohedge that 3 more carrier groups are heading to the persian gulf. I guess we are getting ready for the massive attack on Iran after all.

If this is true about the carrier groups being deployed to the gulf then this is the clearest evidence yet of a large military offensive in the Middle East.

I take most things with a pinch of salt until I see what i deem as the real 'signs'.

Currrently there are two carrier groups in the gulf, the real indication of war being imminent in the area is the arrival of a third as you cannot fly combat sorties around the clock unless you have 3 carrier groups. This is a fact.

Sending 3 more out there rather than the necessary 1 more is unheard of in my life time and if true, there is something truely large-scale planned.

If this information is true then it is far more significant than the 'movements' that have been described.

So I shall investigate this 'information' to see if it is credible.

Edit: I have found this;

freemarketnews.com — The USS Enterprise CVN 65-Big E Strike Group, the US Navy’s largest air carrier, will join the USS Stennis and the USS Nimitz carriers, building up the largest sea, air, marine concentration the United States has ever deployed opposite Iran.

This is pretty much it.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just wanted to put it out there that here in Louisiana, one of our local radio talk shows just announced that the national guard is scrambling to get down here to try and block the oil from getting deeper into our wetlands. It's already hit the outside of our marshes and they want to try and prevent it from weaving deep within. If it gets into the marshes, they said clean up is much worse than sand, so they want to try and block it, before it's too late.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
We'll see if this is confirmed...
UPDATE 2 : Minn. National Guard deployment largest since WWII

SOMETHING IS UP. Let's hope it's just a drill....

From the link:

Col. Eric Kerska is preparing to lead the Minnesota Red Bull soldiers into Iraq and Kuwait next year.

They'll be there to support Operation New Dawn -- the name given to the U.S. drawndown phase in Iraq that begins later this year.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

There is nothing to it. This probably some Steve Quayle ardent screaming run for the hills and I bet....Yea, I went to his website and there is the rumored claptrap about a gulf evacuation. "Pre-mobilization"? No, they'd tell you about that too because the end result is people freaking out like you see here. All the local troop movements except Spec Ops special missions are publicized in the local paper. The guard is no exception.

Considering last week it was the "UN convoy", i'd say too many people on this site are gullible.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by antonia]

Yeah, if it has quayles fingerprints on it then that settles it, NOTHING.

but I still disagree about press knowledge, they most definitely would keep a tight lid on something that would warrant it.

Moving troops or even attacking Iraq is not something they needed to have a lot of "secrecy" on, everyone knew it was coming, Iraq was of no real threat to us here. But there have been many times in the past where it most certainly was necessary, that is what makes this, IF even partly true, worrisome, it means it is big or nefarious.

If there was a "REAL" threat to the population, the planet, their control, etc, etc, they most certainly would keep silent as long as they could. There was vast secrecy during WWII, because the consequences of info release were great.

You are partly right, warning about something innocuous prevents panic, but warning people of something big creates panic.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I assume you figured that out some time before last week.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

but I still disagree about press knowledge, they most definitely would keep a tight lid on something that would warrant it. Moving troops or even attacking Iraq is not something they needed to have a lot of "secrecy" on, everyone knew it was coming, but there have been many times in the past where it most certainly was necessary, that is what makes this, if even partly true, worrisome, it means it is big or nefarious. there was vast secrecy during WWII, because the consequences of info release were great.

That was almost 60 years ago. You cannot do that anymore. Trust me, they don't even bother because it's impossible. You can move a small amount of people without getting any attention, but you can't mobilize thousands of guardsmen without people noticing and talking. Country is too urbanized for that now.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
National Guard is training for hurricane season‎...Army National Guard practices its emergency response procedures...

This is proof ....Its on the Army web site....So YES its not a rumor

www.army.mil...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

I assume you figured that out some time before last week.

Of course

I was going to post "Pics or Shut Up" but i figured that would get snipped. I think that request should stand for this thread as well-Pics or Shut up.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join