It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Georgia Guard and Reserve troops imminent/mobilzation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We'll see if this is confirmed...

From Tickerforum

Just got a call from my son...driving home from spring semester at North Georgia College. He is in the reserves and attending the Corps of Cadets there. He is telling me something big is up. Just got a call from his unit that they are mobilizing immediately. ALL GEORGIA UNITS. Unconfirmed at the moment. Don't see anything on any big news besides Korea. Wonder if there is more going on there than we think....will break more as I find out whether this is a big deal or not.

UPDATE : Alabama Marine reserve units now too it seems.

UPDATE 2 : Minn. National Guard deployment largest since WWII

SOMETHING IS UP. Let's hope it's just a drill....

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

edit on 5/20/2010 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is scary if this is true......
Are you sure it isnt just training?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

My old friend who's in the army and just got back from Iraq and is not due to go to Afghanistan until August was just deployed too. He's reserved in Kansas, so it's definitly not the oil. I don't know if everyone has been deployed, only him.

I'm hoping it is something minor or just a coincidence, deployment from more than one state is DEFINITLY not a good sign.

EDIT TO ADD: Just called his mom, I am talking to his mom right now. She doesn't know what's going on or where he's going, he couldn't tell her anything except "I love you and I am being deployed". I am not one to be afraid because most things are just rediculous, but I'm am hoping this is just a mere coincidence.

PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE ANYTHING SERIOUS!

Edit to add again: More states? Oh crap!

[edit on 5/20/10 by Misoir]

[edit on 5/20/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thanks for the info...

I'm following along at the source link as well.

I thought nothing until the Minnesota article...after that I got a bad feeling...

Who knows, here's to it being nothing.

link   

I dunno about this. You are linking to another forum, and have a thread based on what another person said, and nothing more.

I'll beleive it, when there is a more credible source, but appreciate the heads up.

link   
Wow i have never heard of anything like this. There is a reserve base near my house in Oregon. I will check it out after work to see if there is any commotion

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Wow i have never heard of anything like this. There is a reserve base near my house in Oregon. I will check it out after work to see if there is any commotion

Same here, I live next to an reserve base/small city airport in OR and my apartment has been getting buzzed by loud, fast military aircraft recently. Daily, actually.

Also, not two weeks ago, saw dozens and DOZENS of military vehicles manned to the hilt driving around. While I see them occasionally, never a phalanx of 20-30 vehicles in a row.

Makes me wonder if they are getting ready for something.

I'll have my camera on next time for a better visual.

Korea prep perhaps?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
WOWOWOW!

I got butterflyes from reading that. The DOW, the Oil, N. Korea, Supposed Bank Run, tomorrows Greek-EU vote, Ameritrade being down all day, and now troop mobilizations in AL, GA, KS, MN, and maybe more???

I will start reaching out to law enforcement and see if they got any bulletins. That might tell us if this is a local (US) event, or an overseas event they are preparing for.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wonder if they will be sending this one GA unit back out. They were due to leave Afghanistan this past March, so they should be back by now. Source

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
More 'unconfirmed' reports coming in from my side. We have a naval/airforce base in Jacksonville; NAS JAX, Craig Airfield. There has been a military chopper(pale green) doing circles around the woods and over my house. It is just barely above the trees, it happens sometimes but now there are two of them. It freekin sounds like they're gonna crash!

Nothing on the news, nothing online. Either this is a very strange coincidence and there's nothing happening, or something bad is happening.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh #...

What brilliant scheme has our government come up with this time? This is going to suck. This has my complete and undivided attention. Thank you all for your diligence and information.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I dont think a deployment to iran or korea would be overt,that would give away the element of surprise and due to first hand knowledge by the time news did get out about the deployment they would all ready be where they were going.

i think its just something to do about that evacuating the Gulf Coast rumor..you will need lots of logistics to pull that off...then whilst i think they maybe evacuating the gulf coast to nuke the leak maybe??????

link   
So we have four states, but they are all spread far apart. That seems a little odd. I would think if it were training they would be a few states that at least shared borders.

But like others said, it very well could be coincidence, though I don't like the other poster's saying his friend said bye to his mom without telling her where he was shipping off too.

Will be following this closely for sure.

+2 more 
link   
Followed the Minnesota deployment link, and all it states is that the largest deployment of national gaurd will be done, next year to Iraq and Afganistan. I see nothing about deployment at this time.
The georgia story seems to be not more than just a post in a forum.
Seems there would be information to be found if something big was up.
Just my opinion, I could be way off base, there's just too much to panic about right now.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It may be something simple like for the oil spill. It looks like the Governor of Louisiana requested up to 6,000 national guard to assist. I can't vouch for the source but the letters appear to be authentic. Source

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

reply to post by Tharsis

I'm also in OR but I haven't seen anything out of the norm yet

Last time I saw something was a few months ago ( Feb-28 to be exact)
when 5 copters went by nothing to sneeze at though.
I did get pictures of them, but my first thought was
they were heading south to help with earthquake stuff.

I guess I'll have to walk over to I-5 or 99
with my camera to see if I see anything.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Dont know if it's related,but.

I have lived in the Tomball, Texas area forabout 33 years. I know whats normal and whats not. I also workout side and can tell you the type of helo by the sound. With that in mind.

Today I have seen wave after wave of Blackhawks pushing hard toward the east/southeast over Tomball. These things were nose-down and they were moving. VERY NOT normal. Just thought I'd FYI.

www.examiner.com... expected-to-be-announced
[edit on 20-5-2010 by darthlung1]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by darthlung1]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Federal Call-Up Authority

Title 10 U.S.C. 12301(a) provides that, in time of war or national emergency declared by the Congress, the entire membership of all reserve components or any lesser number can be called to active duty for the duration of the war or national emergency plus 6 months. Although this statute normally is viewed as the call-up authority for responding to a major threat to national security, DOD stated that it could be used to activate reservists for a domestic emergency. However, it has never been used for this purpose.

usmilitary.about.com...

They wouldn’t do it for North Korea. Maybe they are preparing for financial collapse. The markets are failing. Congress met in closed session last year about this exact thing. They know it’s a real possibility. The 1000 point drop was real. It may actually happen this time.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My friend is not in the National Guard, he's in the Army. I don't know if his whole base is mobilizing or not, I don't even know where he's going.

It's one thing if the National Guard is mobilizing, it's another if the army is.

Let's all hope, and if you are religious pray, that this is just one big coincidince.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ASSUMING this is true, would needing them for the oil spill be sufficient enough reason for secrecy (or what SEEMS to be secrecy at the moment)? I would think there would be news stories about reservemen/women being deployed in droves for the oil spill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join