It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2010 Census, How I Have Responded to 5 Enumerators

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
That link took me to the ADL militia watchdog site. Didn't the ADL want to censor the internet along with Cass Sunstein? I think there was a thread started when some of our own members ended up on their list.

Who posted it makes no difference. What does matter is that its a compiled list of case law showing that this stuff is not true. As I stated, I have personally checked on the validity of this myself with a personal contact who retired as a prosecutor from the US Attorneys office.

There used to be a time when common sense ruled on ATS, I am starting to see that those days a long gone.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by defcon5]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You have picked the facts to fit your theory, you have not picked the facts based on real facts.

I don't know I believe I posted a link to a PDF that clearly outlines what Proto is saying. I believe you posted a link to a very hypocritical organization that does the opposite of what it's mission statement is.

The Anti-Defamation League was founded in 1913 "to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all." Now the nation's premier civil rights/human relations agency, ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all. A leader in the development of materials, programs and services, ADL builds bridges of communication, understanding and respect among diverse groups, carrying out its mission through a network of 30 Regional and Satellite Offices in the United States and abroad.

www.adl.org...

Edited for grammar.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The first time I ever heard someone say The Powers that Be was a newly elected freshman congressmen to the United States who was explaining why he was telephoning me, and offering me his business.

Me thinks you might be spending a bit too much time in the backwoods my friend.

He was referring to the people who got him elected.

The Powers that Be control the political process, and unlike you, I knew exactly whom he was referring too.

Thanks for posting.

Wow. Way to not address my post at all, and instead reference something that has no bearing on the convesation at hand. Congratulations, you have proven yourself truly delusional.

The point is, since you completely missed it...

Those who you fear will use the information you provide on a census for some nefarious reason, already know all the information you wish to keep hidden.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

That link took me to the ADL militia watchdog site. Didn't the ADL want to censor the internet along with Cass Sunstein? I think there was a thread started when some of our own members ended up on their list.

How posted it makes not difference. What does matter is that is a compiled list of case law showing that this stuff is not true. As I stated, I have personally checked on the validity of this myself with a personal contact who retired as a prosecutor from the US Attorneys office.

There used to be a time when common sense ruled on ATS, I am starting to see that those days a long gone.

Oh wow, a paid member of the Corporate Cabal says it's not true!

Oh well why didn't you just say so!

Because we all know Lawyers never lie, and the government never lies, and lawyers who work for the government never, never lie.

There use to be a time when people knew COMMON LAW, and had Common Sense too, which someone seems to have confused with POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND CONVENTIONAL WISDOM.

ADL too funny!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's a frigging census. There is nothing sinister or evil about it. The government has MUCH much more information on you.. they hardly need THIS to get further intel.

People go far too much out of their way to avoid something that essentially means nothing. Just fill the stupid thing out an send it in, holy crap.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarkron

Wow. Way to not address my post at all, and instead reference something that has no bearing on the convesation at hand. Congratulations, you have proven yourself truly delusional.

Out standing, you are relying on disinformation tactics 101, attack the poster!

Always a wonderful way to go when you can't add anything intelligent to a debate.

Those who you fear will use the information you provide on a census for some nefarious reason, already know all the information you wish to keep hidden.

Does it seem to you like I am particuarly afraid of anyone or anything friend?

The Census is a Contract, I am rejecting the Offer of Contract.

Do you actually read opening posts, or do you just go into disinfo 101 mode when certain subjects pop up.

Have another slice of apple pie!

The Census is a Contract, signing contracts obligates you to certain things.

If you don't want to be obligated to certain things you don't sign the contract, that's part of Sales 101 friend.

If you actually understood the argument, then you could actually, debate it honestly.

Not that it will help you to disuade me, since I do in fact know what a Contract is, and when and when it's not in my favor or benifit to sign them.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

As I stated, I have personally checked on the validity of this myself with a personal contact who retired as a prosecutor from the US Attorneys office.

I see now, people in positions of power looking to sway public opinion. Tell him and his lackey's to stay out of our governmental affairs. Or he can make an account here and tell us the 'truth' as he sees it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I don't know I believe I posted a link to a PDF that clearly outlines what Proto is saying.

Sorry, where?
I can make a PDF that says pigs fly, will that mean its true as well?
After all its on a PDF on the Internet...

I believe you posted a link to a very hypocritical organization that does the opposite of what it's mission statement is.

It makes no difference WHAT organization compiled that case law, it only matters that the case law is on the books. They did not WRITE the case law, various courts did.
What part of that is eluding you?

For some reason I seem to be having difficulty typing “no” and “not” tonight.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It's a frigging census. There is nothing sinister or evil about it. The government has MUCH much more information on you.. they hardly need THIS to get further intel.

People go far too much out of their way to avoid something that essentially means nothing. Just fill the stupid thing out an send it in, holy crap.

It's a contract, it obligates you to certain things.

The fact that you don't understand that, doesn't mean that is not what it is.

Here is a great idea, you choose to do, what you choose to do, for what ever reasons you choose to do them, and I will choose to do what ever I choose to do, for what ever reasons I choose to do it.

Since you aren't going to actually fulfill or be responsible for my contractual obligations, maybe you can understand why your advice wouldn't actually be compelling.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I see now, people in positions of power looking to sway public opinion. Tell him and his lackey's to stay out of our governmental affairs. Or he can make an account here and tell us the 'truth' as he sees it.

Yeah that is going to happen…
When I bring stuff like this up to them, I get a: "Let me guess you read this on that nutty Conspiracy Site you insist on visiting, right?”

Yeah, they are surly going to join here to rub elbows with you expert "legal eagle" internet lawyers…

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

First, use your own search feature and look this up.

United States Congressional Record, March 17, 1993 Vol. 33, page H-1303

Next, realize that you have linked to the ADL which is in no position to offer any evidence to anyone. Their tentacles are so far into everything that is not their business that it sickens me. So, yes it does matter where you think you found your proof.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yeah, they are surly going to join here to rub elbows with you expert "legal eagle" internet lawyers

No, I don't expect them to when they pay you handsomely to do it for them.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You're a great American

Too bad America is not great...

Under Title 13 of the U.S. Code, you can be fined up to $100 for refusing to complete a census form and $500 for answering questions falsely. However, the Website for the U.S. Census Bureau points out that the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984 effectively increased these minimum fines to $5,000. Noncompliance used to bring the possibility of a 60-day prison sentence and a one-year prison term for false answers, but Congress struck those provisions in 1976.
slate.com

Watcha gonna do when they come for you? Bad Boy, Bad Boy.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Out standing, you are relying on disinformation tactics 101, attack the poster!

Congratulations on responding to the one part of my response that was irrlevant to the conversation, while ignoring the substance.

Avoidance of reality 101.

Always a wonderful way to go when you can't add anything intelligent to a debate.

Ditto.

Does it seem to you like I am particuarly afraid of anyone or anything friend?

Yep, I most certainly think so.

Do you actually read opening posts, or do you just go into disinfo 101 mode when certain subjects pop up.

The Census is a Contract, signing contracts obligates you to certain things.

If you don't want to be obligated to certain things you don't sign the contract, that's part of Sales 101 friend.

Disinfo. You have given me a good laugh, thank you very much!

I was never asked to sign anything. Don't know what you are talking about.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Sarkron]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I think you've helped me to realize things that will help me to save my family's life soon.

Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Yeah that is going to happen…
When I bring stuff like this up to them, I get a: "Let me guess you read this on that nutty Conspiracy Site you insist on visiting, right?”

Yeah, they are surly going to join here to rub elbows with you expert "legal eagle" internet lawyers…

A man's own manner and character is what most becomes him.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Some good advice there for you friend, and here is some more to ponder.

Great is the power of habit. It teaches us to bear fatigue and to despise wounds and pain.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

That habits like the Census which counts us like cattle are tolerated does not mean that they are good habits.

He only employs his passion who can make no use of his reason.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Some people sure do seem upset about this thread!

If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Perhaps what the ADL and JDL fear most is confident people?

It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

It would seem to me some are amazingly quick to judge, based on imagining that they know the logistics of something that they truly have no complete or real first hand working knowledge of.

Nothing is more unreliable than the populace, nothing more obscure than human intentions, nothing more deceptive than the whole electoral system.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Personally I think you are worried about the rise of uncommon and exceptional common sense on ATS.

Just saying!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

It's a contract, it obligates you to certain things.

Its not a contract, it obligates you to NOTHING…
A contract has specific parts to it, none of which are in your census form. The expectations and obligations of both parties have to be expressly written out, not implied, and it must be signed by both parties.

There must be consideration by both parties in order for the contract to be valid:

Consideration
· A contract is not legal if there is no consideration of value. Each party to the contract must receive something of value. Consideration is usually money but it can be anything of value, a cow, a car or even the promise to perform work for the other party. Our judicial system enforces contracts and if no consideration is found for one party, a judge may throw out the agreement.

So what is the consideration on either part of this contact?

Hm….

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Next, realize that you have linked to the ADL which is in no position to offer any evidence to anyone. Their tentacles are so far into everything that is not their business that it sickens me. So, yes it does matter where you think you found your proof.

Again your keen spider senses have failed to understand that the ADL DID NOT WRITE THAT, THEY ONLY COMPILED EXISTING CASE LAW…

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

I think you've helped me to realize things that will help me to save my family's life soon.

Thanks.

This is what I am here for!

We need not live in tyranny.

It really is just as easy as saying no.

Isn't it amazing how frightening that prospect is to some people?

That we could, that we would?

Our nation and our world is out of control, our rulers, and trusted officials, corrupt and serve not the people they claim to represent, but their corporate, international elitist patrician masters.

Our liberties and incomes and quality of life decrease at a steady clip, while their power and wealth grows at the same rate.

It is what it is, and there is no percentage in decieving our selves on that score friend.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

No, I don't expect them to when they pay you handsomely to do it for them.

They do in fact pay me, I said they were our office manager…
But they don’t pay me to sit here an pick apart this kind of nonsense, I do that for the fun of it...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join