It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2010 Census, How I Have Responded to 5 Enumerators

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

My general understanding is that people were supposed to mail them in by April 15th the same day as tax day.

But according to good Mayor Bloomberg of New York City where I don't live and there for is presumed good as he can pass no laws that personally effect me, we hear:

2010 Census Timeline:
March 15 - 17, 2010 U.S. Census Bureau mails Census forms to households
Mid-March U.S. Census Bureau mails letter in Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese to inform households how to obtain a Census form in those languages

March 22 - 24, 2010 U.S. Census mails reminder postcards
March 28, 2010 U.S. Census Bureau mails second Census form to households in low-response/hard-to-count areas from 2000 Census:

April 1, 2010 CENSUS DAY
April 15, 2010 LAST DAY TO MAIL BACK YOUR CENSUS FORM

May - July 2010 Census takers visit households that did not return a questionnaire by mail.

December 2010 By law, the U.S. Census Bureau delivers population counts to President Obama for apportionment.

March 2011 By law, the U.S. Census Bureau completes delivery of redistricting data to New York.

Rather interesting they conduct the head count up to and through the month of Caesar's Birth!

I haven't had a visit since I published this thread.

So there is plenty of time for them to come calling...

I smell some sequels in the offing here:

How I had milk and cookies with the Census Takers!

How I played horse shoes with the Census Takers!

which are sure to just really drum up interest in the really blockbuster...

How I invited the Census Takers to my Fourth Of July Barbeque....

Lets see if we can get a sneak preview from this one:

Proto: Who all wants pork chops?

Census Taker: I do, I do, and this government cheese tray is delicious by the way!

Proto: Starting the charcoal briquettes now, that cheese is delicious it only cost the taxpayer’s 14,000,000,000,000.00!

Census Taker: Proto oh no the fire in the briquettes has gone out!

Proto: No worries I will put some more lighter fluid on the briquettes.

::squeeze wheeze, squeeze wheeze, squeeze wheeze::

Census Taker: Proto oh no, your out of lighter fluid!

Proto: Oh dear me, we are! How on earth will we ever get the grill going now?

::The Census Taker looks around in desperation and suddenly their face lights up::

Census Taker: Proto, Proto I know, we can use some of these Census Forms!

:
roto smiles as heaps of forms are shoveled on top of the briquettes by the poor emaciated Census Worker whose nary seen a meal in months for the meager wagers that they are paid::

Proto: What a brilliant idea! I guess the Census serves an important purpose after all!

COMING IN JULY TO AN ATS FORUM NEAR YOU…Proto and How He Invited the Census Workers to His Fourth of July Barbeque!

[edit on 25/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Mmmmm. (Drooling) Fifteen billion dollar cheeseburgers. Count me in for one of those bad boys. I'll bring potato chips.

Accuracy of census could be at risk because of delays, lack of testing

The Census Bureau remains behind schedule for the 2010 census and the delays are putting the accuracy of the count at risk, officials from the Government Accountability Office said on Thursday. "There are two great risks: time is running out and the lack of testing of key operations," said Robert Goldenkoff, director of strategic issues for GAO, before the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Information Policy, Census and National Archives. "There's no time for missteps, no slack in the schedule. If glitches emerge, there's not a whole lot of time to figure out the workaround."

www.nextgov.com...

Lack of testing of key operations? No time for missteps and no slack in the schedule? No time to figure out a workaround?

Boy I can taste that fifteen billion dollar cheeseburger now.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Boy that is hysterical, they have 10 years to prepare for the thing, and their systems aren't tested yet?

They are spending 13,000,000,000.00 dollars to conduct it and they can't even master the logistics of doing that with 10 years and 13,000,000,000.00 billion to prepare.

What did the private contractors like IBM do with the 13,000,000,000.00 billion?

Pay it all out in preferred stock dividends to the patrician corporate delite that owns the corporation?

Or did they just shuffle the money internally in Congress to make payments on our Bankruptcy Debt that they have kept hidden from the public for decades?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Well there's one thing for sure. We'll never be told the real story. Like you said, ten years to prepare. In this article they go on to say how they developed hand held computers for the enumerators to carry and then scrapped them because of problems. I'm sure that brilliant idea made someone rich. It's a joke is what it is.

Computer glitches hamper 2010 Census Friday, May 7, 2010

Frequent glitches in the computer system built to manage the 2010 Census could jeopardize its accuracy and drive up costs beyond its $15 billion price tag, according to a new watchdog report.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

So in reality its just another huge government pork barrel aimed at bilking the taxpayers.

I love the way they try to sell it as such a vital function, for congressional districts as about the only thing that the congress does when not passing more restrictive laws, is to hand out pork to special interest groups, and corporate lobyists.

That this somehow benefits us pretty absurd.

Then you have the myth of all the government funding to your district.

What government funding, it's not like they are throwing barbeques every weekend of giving out free healthcare and medicine. Every service you can get from the government like social security and medicare and roads comes from seperate taxes levied especially for those things.

Submit the claim, and get paid, based on your social security number, which is already on file, put the check in the mail with the U.S. Postal Service that already knows how to get it every where.

What a joke the Census actually is, charging people to identify themselves as corporate government property and employees.

Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I just returned home this evening from vacation. We were away for a week and found 3 "Notice of Visit" flyers in my door with the name and phone number of the enumerator on it. Ugh. I sent in my form on time, but now I guess I can expect my doorbell to ring at inconvenient times the rest of the week.
Does anyone else have any experiences or advice for me on how to deal with this waste of my time? I fulfilled my obligation and see no reason for a stranger to come to my door to ask me the same questions again.
I think I may put the notices back in my door in hopes she'll assume we are still out of town.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

Actually in my case the census workers came around twice more after I published this thread, and on the last visit a couple weeks ago, the woman said I am going to mark down that you are refusing to participate on the grounds you feel the census is a 'social contract' so we can stop wasting each others time.

I haven't heard a peep from them since.

Bore them to tears with lectures and history lessons, they will leave you alone!

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but you so eloquently defined a wide array of terms, but failed to define corporation.

corporation

A group of persons acting under a legal charter recognizing them as a seperate unit with rights, privileges, and liabilities to act as if they were a single person

So, by definition the United States is a corporation, but in no way does that imply that it is a company, or business.

I went over this in the thread that mentions the US code, and says United States is a corporation, which it is. But not a business.

Because something has a trademark, does not imply that it "trades".

Per your definition....

A trademark or trade mark[1] is a distinctive sign or indicator used by an individual, business organization, or other legal entity to identify that the products or services to consumers with which the trademark appears originate from a unique source, and to distinguish its products or services from those of other entities.

The United States is a legal entity, a corporation. "Services in which the trademark appear", like your census form. Using the trademark ensures you that the document is real, and is infact sent by the United States government.

I've said it before, I think people read too much into things, without actually reading anything.

As soon as you hear corporation, trademark, consumer, it immediately sets off a conspiracy alarm. But noone seems to research why these terms are used, or what they actually mean. They just make some mickey mouse, loosely connected "the united states is a company, here's proof theory" and run with it as gospel.

I remember searching about a similar topic, and found thousands, literally thousands of websites saying the same "the US is a company heres proof" using the title code definition of corporation = united states as the basis, without understanding the legal definition of corporation, or that legally the US is a corporation, but not a business owned by the King of Swahili, the Queen of England, or the Jack of all trades.

I don't agree with anything you've posted, but thats just my opinion, I think this is as ridiculous as the "Jefferson used the term "subjects" thats proof of the NWO's agenda" idea.

All that being said, I don't think the census is a nefarious thing per se. Thats not saying that the information gathered couldn't be used in nefarious ways. But in no way do I believe the census was created for the reasons you claim.

I guess thats me not agreeing with anything you've posted.

Not attacking you, just my opinion. Althought lately some seem to feel threatened or attacked when I offer my different opinion so I felt I should add that.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Actually you should read the Treaty of Paris, that ended the Revolutionary War and understand that yes the United States of America is a business venture, and a good portion of that business is making money off of you, the free range slave tax payer.

The fact of the matter is that the corporation owns enough assetts in the form of property and raw materials it should be paying us all, instead of us paying it.

Just because a corporation is not publicly traded does not mean it is not doing business.

So not only have you failed to read the thread where these very things have been covered, but you have failed to take real stock in your situation.

In fact you haven't investigated any of these things to any extent other than a cursory look for answers that grant you the illusion you wish to maintain.

That illusion is one where you get to surrender roughly half of what you make in taxes, fees, and insurances, to pay for a culture of scarcity, deprevation and war, where you get to tell yourself you are lucky for having the privelage to do so.

For some reason missery seams to love company, go figure!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I am simply blown away by your threads proto, excellent work. Recently here in the UK we just had our census forms mailed but on the front cover it was addressed to THE OCCUPIER spelled exactly in capitals rather then RESIDENT and after looking up the definitions in Blacks law, like you said, there is a difference between the two and I think on your Rome thread you mentioned you might have considered filling in the form if it stated to THE OCCUPIER. This was a few weeks back and my parents already sent it off from day one so I never got the chance to see it, does it mean I, like everyone I have given them my permission through my parents to treat me as a free range slave? When you mentioned capitis diminutio maxima, does it just refers to your name or even other titles such as OCCUPIER?

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join