It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felipe Calderon Gets Standing Ovation In Congress After Condemning Arizona Immigration Law (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

You know, I may disagree with that law passionately the fact that another world leader is allowed to condemn a response to a problem stemming from his country makes no sense to me...

It's not meant to make sense to you, it's meant to piss you off while appealing to the Mexican/American voter for the future puss for blanket Amnesty.

I like how you guys make this a democrat thing, as if Republicans were not drooling over the prospect of cheap labor.

How about "Mexico will partner with the United States to curb illegal immigration." No? Too much to ask I guess.

Deal!!!

I here by, as a Mexican national, give America and it's people full rights to employ Mexico's employment policies and strict federal crime laws regarding the hiring of illegal people.

There, now if you do this I guarantee you it will rid your country of the illegal immigration problem for good. The blame belongs on your companies and corporations lobbying for slave labor. Punish and stop that and illegal immigration comes to an end.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
They stood and clapped when he walked in.

When he voiced his position against the AZ law some stood and clapped and others remained seated.

So the congress didn't give him a standing ovation for his position against that law.

That is correct.

ONLY the dems in congress gave the mexican a standing ovation.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What I don't get is why so many people are "against" this "new" law.

If anyone protesting had actually read the law, it simply states that they will uphold federal law and detain/deport illegals. Several places in this law it states quite clearly that no one can be stopped solely to find out if they are illegal. If someone is stopped for a traffic infraction or any other crime, they must provide U.S. identification or other legal paperwork - just like any American citizen would have to. It stipulates that if an officer of the law deliberately stops you for the sole purpose of determining residency, you have the absolute right to pursue legal action.

What's the issue with this again?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

The only problem i have with the Arizona law is that is does absolutely nothing to stop illegal immigration. All it does is distract Americans into thinking that something is actually being done while at the same time giving Pro illegal immigration people the ability to claim racism and racial profiling.

The laws give people the ability to push for blanket Amnesty for illegal and that's about it.

Even after giving blanket Amnesty to illegals it there will still be more illegal able to come to America and work.

The law does not do much beyond giving Cops the right to ask for yet more papers from people, put them in jail and suck the tax payer dry.

I ask you, do you see any benefit to this law? Does it in any way stop illegal immigration? Does it not give pro Amnesty people the upper hand in the political spectrum?

Would not removing the work incentive to illegals be a more intelligent thing to do? No jobs, no illegals and no Nazis asking American citizens for their papers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I would think that they would if they are also against the law. It may be offensive to you but it really isn't much more than politics as usual.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

I would think that they would if they are also against the law. It may be offensive to you but it really isn't much more than politics as usual.

No.

This time it is dems showing their true colors by siding with a hypocritical foreign leader over their fellow citizens.

If that is "politics as usual" for dems, then maybe it truly is over for this country.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This makes me want to puke. I already called my POS democrat congressman Tim Walz DC office to express my thoughts. This is absolutely disgusting and makes me hate the government even more.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Sorry to say this but politics as usual for both parties has been about "special" contributors and not the people for quite some time now.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
I watched the clip, you can stop it at :30 and :38 secs and clearly see many are sitting and not excited about his speech at all. He is not the president of the USA, he should addressing his own damn congress...oh wait he can't because they are all bought off with drug money like the ones who applauded here bought off by banker money.

Anyone wana take bets on the people that remained seated were not asses aka donkeys aka democrats?

You are correct the article went on to say that most of the people who applauded were indeed not republicans.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This has got me so angry

Why is the president of another country addressing our congress about any of the laws in our sovereign country ?! And why are they listening, let alone giving him a standing ovation.

He should be worrying about the problems in his own country, and stay the hell out of our business. If he's so worried about "HIS PEOPLE" he can take them all back with him (the illegal ones that is) and take his own advice and treat them properly. Maybe instead of trying to tell us how to run our country and treat criminals (because they are criminals the minute they cross that border without permission) in our country, and run his own country in such a way that "HIS PEOPLE" wouldn't be running away from their homeland by the millions.

I'm just sick and tired of this BS with the illegals already. We (citizens) have to obey a million and one laws in this country but these people are allowed to come here and not have to follow any of them. And now they allow this man to come here and talk crap about what we do in our country, and to our congress ! They should all be thrown out of office and tried for treason. I don't care what side of the fence that you sit on the entire country should be outraged at this.

If this thing gets really out of hand and blows up in their faces they have only themselves to blame. I hope more states go the same route as Arizona.

Edit for spelling error.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by chise61]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Halicarnassus

So the dwarf admits siding with criminals in a foreign country where sissy democrats will be protecting him?! Let him come to the State Congress of Chihuahua where he and his sluttish wife will be receiving a thunderous rain of bullets!!!

It seems like the people of Mexico have the same animosity toward their president as we have toward against ours.

Dwarf

I just have to ask because you call him a dwarf and Izarith called him a two foot American puppet
and I always see Izarith referring to him being small, is he very short, or something ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

To tell you the truth, he is not very very short, just short. Look at this picture next to Obama so you can have an idea:

And his wife is taller

Now don't get me wrong, I know I posted a hateful post since I got carried by emotions, something I very rarely do. But it is sad that I voted this president in, expecting that he would not rise our taxes like Lopez Obrador would have done, instead he did raise them significantly and the poor are not seeing one dime out of it, so they resort to criminal activities and later escape to the US to avoid the law. Lopez Obrador would have raised the taxes that much but the difference is that he was a populist and at least the people in most need could have a boost. I wanted to vote for a conservative capitalist president because I don't like the idea of our hard working middle class shrinking, but he and his party just betrayed me. Next time I'm voting either democrat or null, at least the democrats have given the poor what they steal from the middle class and they may legalize drugs and more liberties because they are not tied to the religious oligarchy of Mexico.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

It seems like the people of Mexico have the same animosity toward their president as we have toward against ours.

Dwarf

I just have to ask because you call him a dwarf and Izarith called him a two foot American puppet
and I always see Izarith referring to him being small, is he very short, or something ?

Let me give you a little background on how much Us Mexicans absolutely despise this piece of crap that dares call himself a Mexican, let alone a President.

My Mother Absolutely Hates the PRI (The old Government) She grew up dirt poor in Sinaloa and saw the old government mow people down with a Gatling gun because of Past Cartel violence of many years ago. The people of Mexico never received any help from the old Government. No schools, no jobs, nothing.

She was Fox's and Calderon's biggest supporters. She was so happy to see the PAN win after 70 years of PRI rule.

She was the type of Mexican Mother who would Slap your mouth if you spoke Bad about the PAN.

It only took to terms, two Pan American puppets to change all the hatred of the 70 year rule of the PRI.

That's how Bad these pieces of crap are. That little two foot smurf is shorter than his tiny pines. He has created child labor laws so no kids can't even work to put themselves through school. Fox has all ready passed laws that has moved The Mexican peoples oil closer to privatization. And Calderon went along with the USA and has started a total war with the cartels absolutely destroying Mexico's tourism.

But worst of all these traitorous Bastardos have just took out a multi billion dollar loan from the IMF. Mexico no longer has any future but Revolution at best.

Mexicans in Mexico absolutely Hate that piece of Crap! And when his presidency is over he better move to the USA or face the consequences.

We the Mexican people will sit back and let our presidents steal our money, but to sell out our country to foreigners is taking it too far, they crossed the line big time.

He is not speaking to your congress on behalf of the Mexican people, the Mexican people could care less about what America does with it's illegals. Calderon is speaking on behave of the USA corrupt government in some wag the dog political show to pass Amnesty for your corporations.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

He looks really short next to Obama, but Obama is tall.

I don't think your post was extremely hate filled, as you said just an emotional reaction. I think we're all having emotional reactions because they are just pushing us all too far with their BS. I try to keep my posts as civil as I can, don't say what I really want to lest I get payed a visit from the dark suits and glasses. If I said what I'd like to I'd probably get banned also.

Seems like both of our countries are in the same mess when it comes to our government

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
wether its calderone,chavez or ahmadinejad or anyone else trash talkin the us

the democrats will not only agree with you they will give you a standing ovation.

what ever happened to american pride.
what ever happened to loving your country.

americans need to start treating this country like their little sisters honor.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by neo96]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
You Americans need to understand one thing....

In this live there is the Good, the Bad and then theirs the Ugly.

... ... ...

Brilliant post, Izzy!

I love that film.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
I here by, as a Mexican national, give America and it's people full rights to employ Mexico's employment policies and strict federal crime laws regarding the hiring of illegal people.

There, now if you do this I guarantee you it will rid your country of the illegal immigration problem for good. The blame belongs on your companies and corporations lobbying for slave labor. Punish and stop that and illegal immigration comes to an end.

Another brilliant post, Izzy!

The fundamental problem is indeed the greed of our own businessmen, yet they play like the heroes of the Republic and spur on their patriotic, unwitting supporters of corporatism to hate the Mexicans who have replaced them for half the price.

The problem is indeed The Bad, not The Good or The Ugly.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think the republicans should have, after he was done speaking and just walked out. Maybe giving him a few impolite hand gestures to him. The man should not have been given the freedom to say anything in the US congress about immigration, when the Mexican immigration laws are far more draconinian, and harsher on illegale immigrants and foriegn nationals.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I think the republicans should have, after he was done speaking and just walked out. Maybe giving him a few impolite hand gestures to him. The man should not have been given the freedom to say anything in the US congress about immigration, when the Mexican immigration laws are far more draconinian, and harsher on illegale immigrants and foriegn nationals.

Could not have said it any better myself!

The actions of Congress was just baffling.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Believe me I understand how the people in your country feel, many of us feel the same way about our government. At least I can take solice in the fact that I did NOT vote for our POS POTUS. I had the misfortune of having him as our state senator, so I knew what he was all about.

Some day everything they do now will come back to bite them in the hind quarters real good. Hopefully come November enough of the people will voice their outrage and vote these incompetent, money grubbing, corporate butt kissers out of office.

Somethings gotta give, or things could get real ugly around here. Speaking of ugly, your post about the good, the bad, & the ugly
great post.

For many of us today was definitely a line in the sand being crossed. For our POTUS to actually stand against one of our states in agreement with a foreign president and allow him to address our congress and badmouth one of our states for any reason, to me feels like this....

We the Mexican people will sit back and let our presidents steal our money, but to sell out our country to foreigners is taking it too far, they crossed the line big time.

does to you.

That little two foot smurf

Dude you seriously crack me up with your descriptions of him.

Hopefully soon both of our countries will rid themselves of our corrupt governments

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join