It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felipe Calderon Gets Standing Ovation In Congress After Condemning Arizona Immigration Law (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Felipe Calderon Gets Standing Ovation In Congress After Condemning Arizona Immigration Law (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

Mexican President Felipe Calderon spoke before a joint session of Congress Thursday and received resounding applause after condemning Arizona's controversial immigration law.

"I am convinced that a comprehensive immigration reform is also crucial to securing our common border. However, I strongly disagree with the recently adopted law in Arizona," Calderon said.

Applause then broke out for around 15 seconds, while Democratic members of Congress, Attorney General Eric Holder, Director of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano and Vice President Joe Biden joined in the standing ovation. It
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I just can't believe how much support the American people are giving illegal immigrants and Mexico.

People have become so blinded by political correctness that it is sickening.

I pray that more states join Arizona and pass a similar bill so we can start regulating who is coming into America.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Remember Congress is filled with mostly Democrats right now, and yes, those Democrats want illegals in the country so they will vote for the incumbents in the next election.

I doubt many of the incumbents clapping are honestly vested in the interests in the lives of the illegals and are only scared for their own jobs come this November.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Dems and Reps aside, it's poltics. Your typical dog and pony show.

Today they applaud and tomorrow they criticize.

I personally feel the applause more to do with the fact that Mexico is doing what the US is asking for on Mexico's War on drugs.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Mexico's war on drugs is just like America's: A huge failure.

Mexican police are being murdered daily and they are not stopping or even slowing down the drugs crossing into America.

If America wants those drugs to cross the border then yes, Mexico is cooperating with the US. Not like the Mexican gov can stop the cartels anyway.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They stood and clapped when he walked in.

When he voiced his position against the AZ law some stood and clapped and others remained seated.

So the congress didn't give him a standing ovation for his position against that law.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
They stood and clapped when he walked in.

When he voiced his position against the AZ law some stood and clapped and others remained seated.

So the congress didn't give him a standing ovation for his position against that law.

Just what the heck video did you watch? Are you even from the same
planet as the rest of us? If that wasn't a standing ovation, what were
they doing, picking their nose?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Actually I watched a clip on the boob tube and when he walked in everyone stood. When he voiced his oposition to the law, just like the vid offered here, many stood and applauded and some are clearly sitting and not clapping.

EDIT - just wanted to point out that the feelings where not one sided.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I didn't say that SOME were not in their seats. The people that did the
applauding were the ones that gave him a standing ovation. What's
so hard to figure out here? If a person stands up and applauds, this
obviously is a standing ovation, even if the rest of the people stay seated.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If these politicians truly represented the lawful citizens of the United States, then roughly 60% of them would have remained seated.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I watched the clip, you can stop it at :30 and :38 secs and clearly see many are sitting and not excited about his speech at all. He is not the president of the USA, he should addressing his own damn congress...oh wait he can't because they are all bought off with drug money like the ones who applauded here bought off by banker money.

Anyone wana take bets on the people that remained seated were not asses aka donkeys aka democrats?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I personally feel the applause more to do with the fact that Mexico is doing what the US is asking for on Mexico's War on drugs.

Good Point.

But not only that but also this two foot American puppet and his American funded political party (PAN) have made it so Mexicans living in the USA Can vote in Mexico for elections.

It is in the American Politician's interest to keep Mexico a scary place to live while keeping Lobrador out of the presidency with their PAN puppet.

Amnesty would ensure close to 12 million votes for the PAN.

It's very dangerous and scary just how closely intertwined the PAN government and the US government are in bed together. It bodes quite ill for the sovereignty of both countries.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by sos37

Did you actually watch the video? At no point in time was the "Drug War" ever mentioned. It is a very short video... the man clearly states that he disagrees with Arizona's immigration law and the place erupts in applause. How you can tell yourself that has to do with the Drug War is, quite frankly, wishful thinking at best and at worst blindness.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I wonder if Calderon read the law?

Because obviously no one who disagrees with it has, led by our inept Attorney General.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Did you actually watch the video? At no point in time was the "Drug War" ever mentioned.

Your tunnel vison limits your ability to see or think outside of the box.

Maybe you should expand your view and see that their is more to this this than a simple visit to Congress.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So the dwarf admits siding with criminals in a foreign country where sissy democrats will be protecting him?! Let him come to the State Congress of Chihuahua where he and his sluttish wife will be receiving a thunderous rain of bullets!!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You Americans need to understand one thing....

In this live there is the Good, the Bad and then theirs the Ugly.

Now obviously We Mexican are the Ugly but this does not make us your enemy you just have to keep a close eye on us. It's just our nature.

I rant allot About the USA government but that does not make the American people the Bad, because deep down, lost somewhere you guys are the Good.

The funny thing is Both the Good people of America and the us Ugly Mexicans know full well who the Bad guys are. Both our governments and cold hearted politicians are selling both our counties out for pennies on the Peso.

The Good and the Ugly are waisting all our energy fighting each other when we should be doing this to the Bad.

Once this is done we can all go back to have two kinds of people in this world, those with guns and those who dig, we dig and I can live with that, that part we Ugly kind of bring on ourselves LOL.

Izzy.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Did you actually watch the video? At no point in time was the "Drug War" ever mentioned.

Your tunnel vison limits your ability to see or think outside of the box.

Maybe you should expand your view and see that their is more to this this than a simple visit to Congress.

At what point did I call this a "simple visit to Congress"? What I did say, was there is no way they are applauding anything that has to do with the drug war. They are applauding his stance on Arizona's immigration law. For someone to post here and say, "Well they are probably applauding for x-y-z" is absurd at best when you can watch the video for yourself and clearly see what the reason for the applause after his statement.

This is not brain surgery.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You know, I may disagree with that law passionately the fact that another world leader is allowed to condemn a response to a problem stemming from his country makes no sense to me...

How about "Mexico will partner with the United States to curb illegal immigration." No? Too much to ask I guess.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Just because it's not brain surgery does not mean you don't have to use your brain.

Wake up and smell the Mexican.

Your being punked Coppertop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join