It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Treasure of Oak Island's Money Pit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I came across this whilst watching a history channel documentary the other day, I found the mystery of Oak Island's Money Pit rather intriguing, the website linked below seems to be the service through which one would “hunt” for the purported treasure hidden beneath the pit.

www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk...

I would like to know of any reason why there has not already been a complete excavation and analysis of the entire island, especially in this day and age. Is there simply no interest anymore? This seems to me a fairly solvable mystery and it disappoints me that greater efforts aren’t being made to at least get it ticked off the proverbial mystery list. There are even facebook groups advocating that someone, Anyone! should begin another excavation.

It also surprised me to learn that in order to undergo a search or archaeological excavation of the money pit one requires a Treasure Trove License or TTL, it seems there is quite a large tourist appeal to the island which would provide a motive for never uncovering the mystery, not that I'm claiming such a thing. I would like to know what ATSer make of the lack of interest in what seems to be a fairly explicable mystery.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Remain Vigilant

[edit on 20-5-2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

There is a pretty long on-going thread on this already.

It is here.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thanks Chamberf=6

I don't want this thread to needlessly tie in with alien beings or complex multi-layered conspiracies. I'm looking for some rational minds to put forth strategies to safely and feasibly excavate Oak Island without making any extraordinary claims about what lies therein. The other thread seems to have that tied down.

Remain Vigilant

[edit on 21-5-2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I saw a special on this a while ago and I got the impression that the unique architecture of the island prevented any safe operation adequate to reveal what mystery is buried there..

I also understood there have been several deaths in the past related to this..

It is truly a fascinating mystery as someone went to a lot of trouble to either hide something like treasure, or to give the appearance to fool with everyone...

I certainly hope it is not some huge, long lived joke..

Semper

top topics

join