It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Blitzer Tried His Best to Hide Mexico's Calderon Hypocrisy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I saw this interview yesterday and couldn't find it on any of the CNN websites later. Apparently, that was no accident. CNN is predictably trying to bury this interview. The Mexican president displays his hypocrisy with head exploding arrogance. Of course, its ok for his country to detain and deport illegal immigrants.

You gotta love how Blitzer lets him off the hook too. He could have easily asked the next obvious question, "why do you think you can do it, but we cant?".

EDIT: Due to the request of another poster, here is the link where the original story comes from. The link has always been on the main video link. I wasnt trying to deceive anyone.

newsbusters.org...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
corruption and hypocrisy reigns supreme in DC....
we all know this.. Calderon is a fool..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Mexico is a cauldron of corruption. A corruption far more blatant than our own. Some of those people must be going crazy, desperate for the chance to leave. -- I'm really starting to wonder about the NAU.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's funny how people see the same thing and take away different things.

I saw him say that they fear that the new law may lead to racial profiling. His opinion and who doesn't have one.

He said that if the courts say it is not unconstitutional (my word) they will respect that.

He accepts that in the past Mexicos immigration laws were tougher but that they are changing.

They are cooperating with guatemala, their neighbor to the south, to make the immigration process easier.

He admits that any illegal in mexico will be held and deported and that all countries have a right to protect their border and enforce their laws.

I fail to see the problem but then again maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SentientBeyondDesign
Mexico is a cauldron of corruption. A corruption far more blatant than our own. Some of those people must be going crazy, desperate for the chance to leave. -- I'm really starting to wonder about the NAU.

Sadly yes, my country is the very definition of corruption, most of the people in Mexico that have any power abuse of it in a way or another, and those who don't are replaced by someone who will. It's interesting how when Calderon "won" the presidency, mysterious people rose to power, then a newspaper shows up that they had been previously been in jail but were released after Calderon became President and they were put in service, but nothing was done about it.

Jails are useless, Police is dangerous, the Army secures drug shipments, Cartels do whatever they want... man, where are the good guys? teams are uneven, the bad guys got the power, the people, and the guns, and the good guys are busy watching soap operas, watching football matches and listening to brainwashing music.

I request a new team.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rizaun

Originally posted by SentientBeyondDesign

Sadly yes, my country is the very definition of corruption, most of the people in Mexico that have any power abuse of it in a way or another, and those who don't are replaced by someone who will. It's interesting how when Calderon "won" the presidency, mysterious people rose to power, then a newspaper shows up that they had been previously been in jail but were released after Calderon became President and they were put in service, but nothing was done about it.

Jails are useless, Police is dangerous, the Army secures drug shipments, Cartels do whatever they want... man, where are the good guys? teams are uneven, the bad guys got the power, the people, and the guns, and the good guys are busy watching soap operas, watching football matches and listening to brainwashing music.

I request a new team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you are an "insider" so to speak, is the reputation of
"El Chapo" accurate as discussed in various news outlets, and even
here on ATS. Is he "like a God in Mexico" as an attorney stated here? :

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rowsdowerr

Dear OP,

It appears you have not correctly attributed your source and are presenting a previously posted story from a neocon website (NewsBusters, i.e. Brent Bozell
) as if it were your own.

ATS frowns on that. At least they used to.

Newsbusters Source

Story Headline virtually identical to OP:

Blitzer Tried His Best to Hide Calderon Hypocrisy

Wolf Blitzer gave Mexican President Felipe Calderon every chance possible to refute the argument that sneaking into Mexico from the south is much more perilous than Mexicans stealing into Arizona.

This segment of the 'exclusive' interview is not available for viewing on the CNN website.

Eerily familiar.

If you are going to pass on fears and smears, why not just make up your own?

BTW, I found nothing appalling about the interview. He stated he respected our sovereignty and dispelled a myth regarding their own immigration system.

Gosh the lengths people go to sometimes to hide the facts are troubling. :shk: Speaking of hypocrisy........................

[edit on 20-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

BTW, I found nothing appalling about the interview. He stated he respected our sovereignty and dispelled a myth regarding their own immigration system.

When asked how they pick up and deport illegal aliens, it was no different than our laws. Which begs the question why is he ranting about racism and discrimination? Why are those questions not raised about Mexico's immigration laws?

Blitzer, let him go when he should have pressed him on that very point.

Gosh the lengths people go to sometimes to hide the facts are troubling. Speaking of hypocrisy..

What facts are being "hidden"? The link to the newsbusters story and everything is on the video link. Why does it matter if they also did a story on this clip? I'm not allowed to do my own analysis, or are you just trying to shoot the messenger?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Pretty much, i've heard about this guy since i was like 4 years old, he was locked in Puente Grande which is supposed to be a high security prison, but criminals like El Chapo have people working for them in places like that so it was just a temporary transfer, waiting for his boys to walk him out. Some of them even look like on TV series and movies, they may be locked in, but operate inside and don't have a really bad life at all, they have weapons, good food and alcohol, a guy i met in Canada was married to the daughter of a Drug lord who was in prison and he was sent to deliver a message to an associate, he said "I was surprised how the security guards offered me a cup of wine and seeing the drug lord bossing them", wether is true or not i can't confirm, but it's not hard to believe either.

It's funny how the bishop says that everyone knows where El Chapo is except the authorities, well i'm pretty sure many authorities know where he is but they get paid well to keep their mouths shut, o hey! more corrupted people! who woulda thought about it?

I don't even think the authorities are really after him, but more like playing the pretend game to make our people believe that the government is doing something against criminals like him, because the government can't win against the cartels without sacrificing innocent lives.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rizaun

Thank you for your reply. Is the $5 million bounty that our government, the U S, has placed for information that anyone can provide which leads to his (El Chapo's) arrest/ capture.... is that too low in your opinion?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Perhaps a new low to be seen on a thread defending something like this.

Out of respect, IMO it might have been better for the rep to have given this one a pass.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rizaun

Sadly yes, my country is the very definition of corruption, most of the people in Mexico that have any power abuse of it in a way or another, and those who don't are replaced by someone who will.

Dude, it's not just Mexico. That happens everywhere! You know the old saying - "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." It's in human nature.

I truly believe it's a given that those who intentionally rise to leadership will abuse the power they've been given. The only ones who might not abuse that kind of power are those whom leadership has been thrust upon. But they aren't immune.

It's why I believe that democracy is the ultimate checks and balances necessary to maintain a government that represents the people. The U.S. used to be like that. But nowadays we've fallen into the rut of voting for one of two parties and issues turn into a shouting match of who's right and incidents turn into a game of finger pointing. Too much blame going on and not enough resolution. We keep voting the same corrupt people into office over and over again when we should know better.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rowsdowerr

In the video Calderon admits to racial profiling on the Mexican border for people "like Blitzer." His whole speech to congress about why he didn't like Arizona's law was the wording in the bill could lead to racial profiling. What a hypocrite!

top topics

join