It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul's Controversial Racist Views

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Rand Paul is being quoted on CNN at this moment (in video) saying that he supports the idea of private businesses being able to discriminate based on religion, race, sexual orientation or for any other biased reason that they please.

I really, really hope his father (Dr. Ron Paul) doesn't support these views. I am a strong supporter of Ron Paul, but would immediately withdraw my support if he has these same narrow views. This is reminiscent of Sam Crow and these views have no place in either Congress, The Senate, or at any level of Government or views of any private or public person, or at any business.

I am a full supporter of Arizona's new illegal immigrant bill, but also am a full supporter of a tolerant multi cultural society - if people come here legally, who cares what their skin color or sexual orientation is? I'm also anti religion and firmly atheist, but really don't care if someone chooses to follow a false church - it's just not for me.

We need to be moving forward with racial issues, not back to the 1840s (or even 1950's).

Unfortunately, these racial views supported by Rand Paul seem to be prevailent throughout the Tea Party (they support his candidacy) which is one of the MANY reasons I won't have anything to do with them.

+20 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You understand that government mandating a private business employ or not employ certain people for any reason isnt exactly not racist, right?

It's about freedom. If that means some jerkwad isnt going to hire a guy because he's Methodist then so be it. Is it really better to force the jerkwad at gunpoint to hire a guy he hates? That'll make for a healthy work environment I'm sure.

+5 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, I think it's too much to call these 'racist views'. What they are in my opinion, are 'freedom views', and because the Pauls are so strong on people being free, sometimes people could use those freedoms badly.

Rand Paul does seem to be really against racism in general, and for anything involving the government such as schools, he seems completely against it.

His extreme position on peoples personal and business freedom however, does leave him open to charges of being an 'enabler' in a way, but then, freedom enables all kinds of things, many good, some unfortunately bad.

I have a similar topic that people might want to check out also:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+13 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am sorry, but if I have a business I should be able to hire who I want when I want. I should not be held to some standard that I would be required to have an ethnic, religious, or gender mixture of any percentage. If they aren't qualified for the job then you shouldn't be forced to hire them based on ethnicity, religion, or sex period!
There is nothing wrong with what he is saying. No more favors for drooling morons looking for a handout or a leg up based on some fictitious "handicapped" system.

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why can't people see things for what they are instead of turning them into some Racist/Sexist conspiracy? His views are not racist nor sexist, pull your head out of CNN's arse and take a deep breath of fresh air.

link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Rand Paul is being quoted on CNN at this moment (in video) saying that he supports the idea of private businesses being able to discriminate based on religion, race, sexual orientation or for any other biased reason that they please.

Ya so what?
If they want to go bankrupt let them these racists go bankrupt!

I really, really hope his father (Dr. Ron Paul) doesn't support these views. I am a strong supporter of Ron Paul, but would immediately withdraw my support if he has these same narrow views.

These are NOT narrow minded views
It is not the govt.s business to regulate such a matter
I do not think he is opposed to the state govt. to oppose however only federal.

At the end of the day he is not chosing the evil side, he is chosing impartiality as a politicians and let the free market drive these racist business owners out of business!
which is exactly what would happen.

Unfortunately, these racial views supported by Rand Paul seem to be prevailent throughout the Tea Party (they support his candidacy) which is one of the MANY reasons I won't have anything to do with them.

Their main point is fiscal conservatism
whether liberal or conservative they don't like politicians treating money like water.

Everything else you hear/see is the media showing 1% of the tea party as 99%.

Don't be fooled!

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You miss the point! By a freaking mile.
Some jerkwads business interest do not trump an American citizens rights to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. WHAT is the Governments job if not to protect the Rights of ALL of it's citizens?
To protect the "rights" of business? Geez, thats what they are doing right now.
Money comes before justice. The Federal Government has a DUTY to enforce the US Constitution and see to it that EVERY CITIZEN gets the rights and protections guaranteed!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

More lies.
Unless you recieve Federal money , you are not required to meet any quota. If you do get Federal money, the government can dictate conditions. Simple concept1
So you are free to turn down Federal money aren't you?
What utter nonsense!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Having the same view is what undid his Dad too. Actually it is pretty the libertarian point of view not to regulate this type of thing. I don't think it is so much racist as noninterventionist.

Edit: Old Dragger is right. The State of Ohio keeps track of racial make-ups but there isn't any quota you have to meet.

[edit on Thu May 20th, 2010 by damwel]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Actually, in America, and in many countries around the world, if you own a private business you are NOT ALLOWED to discriminate based on race, religion, or sexual orientation. It's a Constitutional Right of all Americans.

Just because you own a private business does NOT give you the right to tell people that they can't use your business as they are black, hispanic, gay, Jewish, or whatever. This isn't the same as saying that you have to hire a certain percentage of minorities in your business, which this is NOT saying at all.

Therefore, this IS a very racist position for Rand Paul to be in.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Employment isnt a "right."

And if it were at what point does Joes Bait Shop with 3 employees cease to be his endeavor in his life his property and his happiness and become some evil "business?"

Where do Joe's actual rights stop so somebody else's fictional employment rights begin?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Having a business is not a "right" either then, is it?
Your rights end when you deny others theirs>
Why so enthusiastic about discrimination anyway!

GUESS THAT'S WHY WE HAVE LAWS AGAINST IT!
Too funny!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Employment isnt a "right."

And if it were at what point does Joes Bait Shop with 3 employees cease to be his endeavor in his life his property and his happiness and become some evil "business?"

Where do Joe's actual rights stop so somebody else's fictional employment rights begin?

At least in Ohio (dk about other States) you have to have 15 employees before these laws about hiring take effect. Joe's bait shop isn't bound by discrimination laws.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
if employement is a right then you believe in that stupid Affirmative Action BS.

Study, work hard, updgrade your skills and go career hunting!

Personal responsibility!!!!!!!!

link   
if employement is a right then you believe in that stupid Affirmative Action BS.

Study, work hard, updgrade your skills and go career hunting!

Personal responsibility!!!!!!!!

link   
one thing is hiring people --- other and totaly diffirent is firing them with any of the given reassons in OP.

if i have a buissnes and lest say its a small store then i will want to hire a guy/gal whos liked around it- does that mean i have to choos from diffirent profiles of religions/color or fricking shue size ill do that

and dont call me racist because thats stupid.

if you go for an interview for a job they can just not call you back and thier reasson can be that you have hair on your behind ...

The law should only protect from firing people based on stupid notions.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Isnt it? That business is your property. You have the right to your property.

Saying I cant hire who I wish to come into my property is like saying I have to pull the front door off my house so any passer by can trot through.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Rand Paul's statement is not racism. I'm so sick of people playing the race card constantly. It is truly about FREEDOM. That is the freedom to hire the better qualified person. I think it is racist to have to hire somebody just because of their skin color and not based on their qualifications.

Rand and Ron both stand for freedom and that's why we here in KY voted for him. These are two guys that can change this country around and put it on the right track if that is even possible at this point.

And it disgusts me that the OP seems to think that the Tea Party is mostly racists, which is far from the truth. CNN really sucks on their biased freaking views on all topics. They say what TPTB want them to. I wish that there was really an independent news source that wasn't biased, but that aint happening......

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Under that school of thought, then, a store exclusively selling Muslim religious effects and run by Arab-Americans should have to hire a Jew or a Christian? Or a business owner whose child was molested 10 years ago should have to hire a 'recovered' child molester? At a certain point, political 'tolerance' really turns into intolerance for the business owner.

[edit] I think I replied to the wrong post .... my apologies

[edit on 20-5-2010 by MotherofBlessings]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Please point out what I said that was a lie. I think you lack the ability to read and comprehend. I never said that businesses are held to these standards. I simply mentioned this as a statement against what the OP is saying should be standard protcol for all businesses.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join