It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Ordered To Remove Flag From Outside Home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Why would I google it when it is right there on the 1st page (only page????) of the bill

C)as used with respect to a residential real estate management association, means an owner of a residential property within a subdivision, development, or similar area subject to any policy or restriction adopted by such association.

Are you selectively missing that or something?

Maybe English isn't the first language here for some, but what does development mean?

Are apartment complex's not considered developments?

The restrictions can only identify the size of the flag, not the actual flag..go read the posts above. I feel like I am taking to a kid..."why, but why, why, but why....."

[edit on 20-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

(C) as used with respect to a residential real estate management association, means an owner of a residential property within a subdivision, development, or similar area subject to any policy or restriction adopted by such association.

That means you have to own it.

Next word or phrase, Pat?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by RestingInPieces]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.

A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership
interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

I see where your confusion is. I don't know if you are blatantly taking sections out of order for a nonsense battle or you are genuinely confused.

If it is the latter...the right to Exclusive Possession or Use of such property would be such rights when under a contract from owners of the property.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

chapter 1 of title 4, United States Code, or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag of the United States (as established pursuant to such chapter or any otherwise applicable provision of law); or (2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag of the United States necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association.

Please read the above part from the same bill, instead of excising the parts to form your arguement around.

The only restriction an entity can put on the FLAG of the US is highlighted in BOLD.

Those aren't restrictions on the flag, they are restrictions on the BILL. In this context, restrictions to a bill that give residents a right to fly the flag on their own property.

SEC. 4. LIMITATIONS. H. R. 42--2
Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with--
(1) any provision of chapter 1 of title 4, United States Code, or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag of the United States (as established pursuant to such chapter or any otherwise applicable provision of law); or (2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag of the United States necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association.

(1) refers to the section of US code that instructs you how the flag should be flown:

When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute.

The above LIMITATIONS say that the BILL does not permit anything inconsistent with the above.

As for the next part, the BILL does not permit anything inconsistent with what you put in bold.

Next?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Please read the title of the section that I put in bold.

I am tired of this game ..."why, but why, why, but why...."

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership

I see where your confusion is. I don't know if you are blatantly taking sections out of order for a nonsense battle or you are genuinely confused.

If it is the latter...the right to Exclusive Possession or Use of such property would be such rights when under a contract from owners of the property.

The "Exclusive possession or use" clause applies to "A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association" as stated in the beginning of the paragraph.

I've already shown that those are not apartment buildings.

Next?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It almost seems like you don't understand word order and basic paragraph structure.

What planet are you from, exactly?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You obviously don't understand simple words of the English Language.

Wikipedia for simple learning

Business Dictionary: Property management

Operation of property as a business, including rental, rent collection, maintenance, and so on. For example, the following tasks are often required in the ownership of property: accounting and reporting, leasing, maintenance and repair, paying taxes, provision of utilities and insurance, remodeling, and rent rate setting and collection.

Property management is the operation of commercial, industrial and/or residential real estate. This is much akin to the role of management in any business.

Now post away, as learning is something you are not capable of at the moment.

For comparison sake as you find it hard to keep information together and jumble up the order.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You obviously don't understand simple words of the English Language.

Wikipedia for simple learning

Business Dictionary: Property management

Operation of property as a business, including rental, rent collection, maintenance, and so on. For example, the following tasks are often required in the ownership of property: accounting and reporting, leasing, maintenance and repair, paying taxes, provision of utilities and insurance, remodeling, and rent rate setting and collection.

Property management is the operation of commercial, industrial and/or residential real estate. This is much akin to the role of management in any business.

Now post away, as learning is something you are not capable of at the moment.

For comparison sake as you find it hard to keep information together and jumble up the order.

Great definition there from the business terminology dictionary, but it doesn't relate to the context of the term as it has been clearly laid out in the bill.

By the way, I love how in your mind

"Property management " = "residential real estate management association"

[edit on 20-5-2010 by RestingInPieces]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Sometimes it is difficult for people to translate English phrases when their first language is English. Oh...wait.

Anyway, the simpler approach is to just point out that a rental agreement for an apartment does not grant "exclusive" use to common areas and the management has the right to enforce rules about the use of those areas.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
This man is not a member of a condominium association, cooperative association or residential real estate management association - he is a RENTER. Not a member of any association. This clause is talking about the rights of MEMBERS of such associations, as in the case of condominium OWNERSHIP. He does not have a separate ownership interest NOR does he have exclusive possession or use of the property.

You are confusing condominium ownership with apartment rental. Not the same - at all.

You need to either review it a few times to get the actual statute. It says anyone of the said property or someone with EXCLUSIVE POSSESSION or USE.

A Rental Contract allows for EXCLUSIVE POSSESSION or USE.

I pretty simple to comprehend, after all it was BUSH who passed and signed it. IF HE CAN UNDERSTAND IT, ANYONE CAN.

I'm going to rewrite the clause here, taking out all of the extraneous working so you can see my point.

A ... or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy ... that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

As you point out (although your interpretation is erroneous), it really is simple... This does not apply to apartment complexes. Period. Renters DO NOT have ownership interest in the apartment complex and renters ARE NOT MEMBERS of any association.

In this context, the exclusive possession you keep citing is referring to condominium owners... NOT APARTMENT RENTERS.

Note: I am glad they worked this out. The agreement seems fair to all sides.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I still think you should be able to fly YOUR flag in YOUR country.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

To the Veteran, Please Fly Your OLD GLORY, High & Proud.

Thank You For Your Service, Sir......

Thank you so much for the information you posted!

APPLAUSE!

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join