It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Corbett Subpoenas Twitter to Name Bloggers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

AG Corbett Subpoenas Twitter to Name Bloggers

www.whtm.com

The state attorney general's office has issued a subpoena threatening officials of the social networking service Twitter with arrest unless they reveal the names of two bloggers who have been critical of Attorney General Tom Corbett and his public corruption investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Talk bad about the government anonymously & the government will come after you. This is just another example of our freedom of speech being rooted away by those in power. What's next, the ATS members database being handed over to, well, anyone, since we've pretty much criticized everyone that ever could be? It will be interesting to see how much the ACLU and Twitter's attorney's participate in preventing the release of any information. Else, this may just be the latest "Facebook" type social media pitfall. Remember, the Library of Congress is going to archive every Tweet, I wonder why? Pattern of dissident behavior maybe?

www.whtm.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yeah, it sounds pretty disgusting as is.

www.google.com...

That's a link to an AP article I found also. I went to see if there was any more information I could find about this story, but I didn't find anything significant.

the AG needs to demonstrate something more than just criticism in my opinion to get their IP addresses. Unless he can demonstrate to a courts satisfaction something libellous or defamatory, or otherwise criminal, he needs to back off.

Good to see the ACLU backing these guys up.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would like to know the content of the twitters. Otherwise, demanding to know the identity of two individuals for being merely critical is tantamount to an abuse of power and certainly not anything I would support.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's a State matter so it's not "wittling" away at your Constitutional rights at all.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
It's a State matter so it's not "wittling" away at your Constitutional rights at all.

So you are saying states do not have to respect your rights?... Sigh! All the state constitutions reiterate the Bill of rights also. Even if they didn't right are not granted by the constitution or any other document they are inherent. Documents such as the Constitution and state constitutions only illustrate them as being unalienable. IOW whether written down or not you cannot be alienated from your natural rights they cannot be removed.

Governments my deny them and oppress you but those rights always exist which is why they have to be fought for from time to time.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

I do hope you are kidding! Do you believe that your natural rights as a citizen stop at State lines? The constitution is the higest law in the land and was ratifed (accepted)by the several states in turn. I wonder where due process comes into play here?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is nothing. Wait till the FCC gets their grubby claws in with the whole net neutrality now that they plan to regulate the internet as a public utility. Fun times.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The twitter accounts of the two bloggers embroiled in this censorship row.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

They are both still tweeting away

top topics

join