It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political humor or Racism ? You decide.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
heard they were wearing hoods and singing clan music while shooting riffles in the air.

Eee! Then it's sounding more and more like there may have been racial motivation... Hmmm...

Seriously, I already said I didn't think it was racist. I didn't think it was funny either. Just another day.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
You are so racist for saying that about NASCAR. What do you have against white people?

I have NOTHING against people of ANY "color"

I have SOMETHING against hypocritical neanderthal bigots.

Oh and tall racist atom-brained Smurfs.

So how is what you said not bigoted or racist against white people then?

Man I love to see you squirm.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Also, I heard there was duct tape around the neck of the figure...?

I agree you were not insinuating racism on hearsay,
even though you denied such relation.

As far as political humor, you have to be on the opposite side of the voting block to see humor in this. Just like I believe you would consider bush bashing & effigy burning hilarious.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Neither would be funny, just immature.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

As far as political humor, you have to be on the opposite side of the voting block to see humor in this. Just like I believe you would consider bush bashing & effigy burning hilarious.

I don't see any humor in bashing President Bush or President Obama. It's white trash behavior at it's worst. If you can't respect the man, respect the office.

Criticism about policies is one thing, implied violence is low class and not funny in the least regardless of who it is directed at.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by whaaa]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Got anymore warm and fuzzy NASCAR anecdotes?

Here's a few:

And then there’s NASCAR, which remains almost exclusively a white man’s domain. Except for those few who dare to interrupt the status quo and find out how difficult and dangerous that can be.

Through it all, Marc Davis hasn’t uttered a word publicly. He probably wouldn’t dare, given what can happen when an African-American speaks out in NASCAR.

trueslant.com...

In addition to hatred for Toyota there is hatred for foreign drivers with some fans telling them to go back to their countries and racing in series for only foreigners because NASCAR is an American sport, not one that should allow foreigners.

www.associatedcontent.com...

In 1999, David Scott, a black motorcoach driver, said he was the victim of a racial prank. He said he was subjected to racial slurs from white motorcoach drivers and was confronted by one at a race track who wore a white pillowcase over his head, imitating a Ku Klux Klansman.

www.roanoke.com...

No, there is no racism prevalent in NASCAR and Col Sanders is a chicken welfare advocate. Please get real.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I don't see any humor in bashing President Bush or President Obama. It's white trash behavior at it's worst. If you can't respect the man, respect the office.

Criticism about policies is one thing, implied violence is low class and not funny in the least regardless of who it is directed at.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by whaaa]

I think its quite funny. I'm from a little different mindset though. I see a statue of Obama burning like that and think it equates to the burning of this.

and this

these could be euphemisms for his administration and his policies for what he's going to turn America into....A big flaming pile of poo.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods we are quite the liberal progressives, Obama went up in flames alongside a gun toting Palin...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Not to mention Superwoman, whoops sorry I mean Condi Rice holding a mini Tony Blair

To balance it out how about a 30ft Effigy of Bush

Along with just about anyone else you can think of, most UK and European politicians, clerics of whatever religion (including the Pope) institutions like the BBC and the Police as well as plently of reality TV stars have ended up as effigies.

While Piggy Flu, you know the one the bankers and politicans caught, got a massive 40ft x 40ft effigy of pigs with their noses in the trough

I'm not sure political effigy burning is anything other than making your point of view clear..

And for the conspiracy theorists, the 30ft effigy of Osama Bin Landen sitting on the toilet started out life as Pres Bush before getting a make over.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I think that people in your neck of the woods are just pyromaniacs, not Liberal Progressives.

What do they say to each other? "Hey, I've heard of him! Let's BURN HIM!"

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I think that people in your neck of the woods are just pyromaniacs, not Liberal Progressives.

What do they say to each other? "Hey, I've heard of him! Let's BURN HIM!"

You have no idea how right you are
but the thing is they fill them up with fireworks... 30ft effigies packed with homemade black stuff is a sight (and sound) to behold.. i.e being deaf for a week

BTW at least you get an idea of where Thomas Paine started his political career and pamplet writing

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
IMO racism only occours when violence is involved, the rest falls under free speach. (unless of course a person starts slinging racial slurs at kids or something) then its still not racist, its just suicidal.

Simply my 2 cents

Peace out.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I agree you were not insinuating racism on hearsay,
even though you denied such relation.

I heard it on the news. I agree it's not fact, but it's not exactly hearsay either.

Wall Street Journal

Wisconsin bar burns Obama effigy with duct tape wrapped around its neck as crowd laughs and cheers.

As far as political humor, you have to be on the opposite side of the voting block to see humor in this.

What opposite side? I've voted on ALL sides. You're assuming way too much about me.

Just like I believe you would consider bush bashing & effigy burning hilarious.

Another incorrect assumption. As Invisible Albatross said, not funny, just immature.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Or if any of you guys are country music fans, the success of darius rucker should be proof enough that just because your white and "country" doesn't mean your a racist!

Let's not forget Charlie Pride. 29 number one songs starting in the 60's and anti-bigot bigots still pretend that none of his fans knew he was black.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join