It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some TD Ameritrade clients locked out of accounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is breaking news...

1 hr 31 mins ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) – TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD.O), the big U.S. online brokerage, said on Thursday some of its clients were unable to log on to their trading accounts.

A spokeswoman said the company was unsure of the scope of the problem, which started recently, and was working to solve it. Locked-out clients needed to turn to telephone trading, she said.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Some small investors are livid, such as these:

"....As far as the little investors are concerned, I suspect there will be more of this sort of thing in the days and weeks ahead. On Wall Street -- based on my experience (and opinion) -- retail investors (i.e., the little people) are viewed as a lower form of life, and the employees who serve them are viewed by colleagues as being at the lower end of the professional ladder. On the other hand, institutional investors -- and those who serve them -- are treated like gold. It should surprise no one when retail investors run into trouble."

"...Yes call your broker... and close your account. Why on earth would anyone be in the market at this point in time... just blows my mind really. From '85 to 2007 I was in the market it was my full time job now I wouldnt do it for anything."

"...yes, call your broker, and enter a market order. He will then enter your order at the proper time.
Vegas gives better odds."

join