It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign the petition to impeach partial birth abortion Judge, Judge Phyllis Hamilton!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well I recently posted a thread titled Partial Birth abortion ban shot down by california supreme court judge. This was in the political mud pit. Heres a link to the news story.

U.S. District Judge Phyllis Hamilton in San Francisco ruled that the ban imposed an "undue burden on a woman's right to choose an abortion." Her decision marks the first time a federal judge has ruled on the constitutionality of the ban since it was signed by President Bush in 2003. story.news.yahoo.com.../usatoday/20040602/ts_usatoday/federaljudgeblockspartialbirthabortionban

I got very good replies and I belive that a majority of people here don't support this disgusting act. Now you can do something about it. Knowing how much traffic these posts get I know that a lot of petitions could be sent if everyone who checks this post sends one in along with someone they know.

The Christian Coalition of America has put out a petition that you can email to impeach Judge Phyllis Hamilton from the 9th Circuit Federal Court. Please remeber this is not just typical abortion. This is a brutal procedure performed up to the 6th month of pregnancy when the fetus is basically fully developed. It also feels pain heres what the judge had to say about the fetus feeling pain.

�The issue of whether fetuses feel pain is unsettled in the scientific community,� she wrote. �However, it appears to be irrelevant to the question of whether [partial-birth abortion] should be banned, because it is undisputed that if a fetus feels pain, the amount is no less and in fact might be greater in [dismemberment abortion] than with the [partial-birth] method.�
www.bpnews.net...

This is not the only idiotic ruling this judge has ever made. Heres some info on another conroversial ruling she made. Seems some school district in california wanted to teach a muslin and islam history course that involved the students become muslim for 2 weeks and praying to allah. The ACLU took it to court and lost. Heres the ruling and an article. Notice on the second page where it talks about roll playing and how fun and effective it is for kids.

www.blessedcause.org...

However, U.S. District Judge Phyllis J. Hamilton, a Clinton appointee, dismissed the lawsuit against the Byron Union School District, arguing the Muslim unit does not promote religion, and therefore does not violate the First Amendment's clause against religious establishment.
The controversial role-playing course requires kids to recite Muslim prayers and verses of the Quran in class. Students also are required to give up things like watching television or eating candy for a day to simulate Islamic fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
"From the beginning, you and your classmates will become Muslims," the Student Guide portion of the Islam module instructs seventh-graders as an introduction to the material. www.freerepublic.com...

Partial birth abortion is brutal and rarely used in situations where the mothers life is in danger or there is trouble with the fetus. Our senate, our house of representatives, and our president passed a law banning it. 75% of americans don't support it. This one judge who wasn't even elected over rode all branches of our government that had public support. Please show her who holds the real power in this country and sign the petition here below.
www.ccamerica.us...

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A moment of clarity.

The way the cited Chrsitian Coalition describes the brutality of PBA's and their wide-spread use, I'm even against it.

But that's not what's really happening here. NOW

"The Senate's passage today of the deceptively named 'partial birth abortion ban' should be a call to action for women's rights supporters everywhere," said National Organization for Women (NOW) President Kim Gandy. "Proponents of this legislation know that the bill's provisions are unconstitutional, based on the Supreme Court's decision in Stenberg v. Carhart. Behind the rhetoric, this bill is really an abortion procedures ban. It's a political game and an attempt to send us back to pre-Roe days when countless women died from illegal abortions."

So where did all this widespread anti-abortion support come from in a country that largely supports a woman's right to choose? The answer...slick marketing by the Christian Coalition.

"You won't find the term 'partial birth abortion' in any medical dictionary�instead try looking for it in the ultraconservative rhetoric manual," Gandy said. "Contrary to what opponents of abortion rights would have you believe, this bill is not about a specific late-term procedure. This bill, like each of its predecessors, is purposely worded so vaguely that it could criminalize even some of the safest and most common abortion procedures after twelve weeks and well before fetal viability."

Don't get caught up in the rhetoric of invented atrocities. I've seen opponents of the PBA ban say the actual procedure is only used an average of 400 times a year in efforts to save the life of the Mother. And I've seen opponents of ALL ABORTION use the same stats to indicate those 400 procedures are surely just the tip of the ice berg...but to save face are always quick to point out they support any PBA's that are deemed medically necessary to save the life of the Mother. The ban even says, except where deemed medically necessary. Yet Doctor's say it's ALREADY only done when medically necessary.

So what's all the hub-bub Bub? Ban or no ban, you get the same amount of PBA's. I'll tell you what this is about. It's a ploy. A trick. A Christian Coalition backdoor to manipulating public opinion and greasing the slope against a woman's right to choose.

If anyone really investigates the issue and still wants to join the mob mentality and hunt down Frankenstein, then I submit your problem isn't so much with the largely propagandic PBA's as with reproductive rights in general. In which case I'd say you're in good company with the Christian Coalition ring masters of this circus.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
RANT

Thanks for the clarification, the Christian coalition as any other so call religious organizations in this country are against women�s right to choose.

They finance behind and not so behind doors political groups that will help with their so call religious rights.

I will say not more, on a women point of view, liberal and pro women�s right I am evil in their eyes, to me they should be burn at the stake.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Don't get caught up in the rhetoric of invented atrocities.

Well I have to restrain myself somewhat from what I really want to say about the invented atrocities. I could ramble on for a bit and argue. The truth and simple thing is that it is rarely used to save the mothers life. Just go to the link to my mudpit post and look at the pics of babies that were aborted by this procedure. Then say no atrocitiy was commited.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You have pics, that nice and dandy and good for you, my point about this issues is simple regardless of so call atrocities a women right to say what she wants to do is her business not yours, religious or political and when a women makes a choices is for her to carry the consequences of it and not body else.
And that is my point.

And I think this issue should be over.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You know what? I'm with hoppinmad! Actually, I think women shouldn't have any rights at all! No, they can't 'abort' they're baby! They'll take my sperm when and where I want it, they will. They'll stay home and take my brutish beatings. After all, the bible says that I rule the household. After all, women don't have brains the same size as men, they aren't really human when you think about it!

Maybe we should make it so they can't show their skin in public.. yeah, and they should have to have permission to even leave the house! It's an atrocity to send them out into 'the working world' - do you have any idea how many women die in car accidents yearly because A) They are allowed to drive, and B) They aren't kept at home on a leash? While you're signing that petition to make it impossible for a woman to choose a way out if she really wants to - go sign up for the Jehovah's Witnesses, and tell women that they shouldn't work! Tell them to live as inquals, for that is what they are!

(For any of you that honestly don't get it, this is 'tongue-in-cheek humour. That means I'm being sarcastic. And I'm being humorous about this, not trying to incite flaming post-storms.)

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am married have 2 children a boy and a girl. Girl is 2 boy is 9 months. I am in no way for the degredation of women. What I am against is the murder of unborn children and those who support it in any fashion. Blah Blah a womans right to chose my ahole. Excuse for murder plain and simple. If 2 people sign that petition from this post I will be happy. If I convince one person partial birth and abortion in general is wrong I am happy. They slice open a babies skull with scissors and then suck their brains out with a vacumn. Womans right to choose my a$$.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
What I am against is the murder of unborn children and those who support it in any fashion. Blah Blah a womans right to chose my ahole. Excuse for murder plain and simple. If 2 people sign that petition from this post I will be happy. If I convince one person partial birth and abortion in general is wrong I am happy. They slice open a babies skull with scissors and then suck their brains out with a vacumn. Womans right to choose my a$$.

Well thank you for clarifying. You're against "ABORTION IN GENERAL" just like some have suggested.

Nothing wrong with that. It's consistent. And nothing wrong with others simply pointing out the con game of sneaking in anti-abortion legislation with the use of propagandic terms and shock tactics.

I happen to be the other end of the spectrum. And just as consistent. Something just short of abortion on demand, though I think they should have to pay for it.

Where I get disgusted is with all the arbitrary propagandic compromise BS on both sides. The Supreme Court made up trimesters. And suddenly everyone thinks oh, first or second trimester is okay, but third is just wrong.

Where do they get this stuff? What makes me laugh to no end are pro-lifers that say the morning after pill is okay. "Life happens at conception" but within 36 hours murder is okay?

All I'm saying is if you're for any kind of abortion at all then take a second look before jumping on any Christian Coalition bandwagon of banning procedures based on the made up term "Partial Birth".

It's like "silent scream". What a joke.

new topics

top topics

join