It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fourth Kind? Real Footage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I just saw the movie The Fourth Kind and there were those supposedly "real footage" scattered all over the film. Are those for real, especially the police car footage with that big "ufo"; the guy floating above his bed and having an extra large mouth; as well as that recording of the Sumerian something voice?

I've checked the threads here about The Fourth Kind and they were mostly critiques. What I'm after are the "real" footages and the alien voice recording. How real are those "real footages"? Does anyone here have any leads? Are those footages just Hollywood garbage?

I'm extra late on watching this flick due to the bad reviews scattered all over the net.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

Hello. Great minds think alike! I actually researched this after seeing the movie. Unforunatly all the movie was fake footage. The university footage in the movie is ficticious. Chapman university I think is the school which is real but they have came out and said that they had never studied the alien abductions.

Basically a real school but the footage is just made up for the movie.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Your kidding me right ???

It's a movie man, .... thats all, just a movie.

Perhaps they should have put in a disclaimer at the end for the naive, gullible, and handicapped.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Blair Witch Project was fiction, too. Not a documentary.

Just in case you see that next...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I guess this is what they call being punked.

Oh well...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Please I don't have energy for another one of these threads. This movie is FAKE! Here is a link to my post in a thread where the OP asked to have the hoax proven.. I did and well they still want to think otherwise. Seriously nothing in that movie is based on Nome events except missing people but again if you go to the link in my post you will see explanations to many.

It's not real, The Fourth Kind

Go about half way down and read my reply to this member.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Did Blair Witch Project advertise itself as real? I thought it was just mistaken as real because of the way it was filmed. "The Fourth Kind" advertised itself as a real story in every commercial, and at the beginning of the film. I don't blame anyone for believing it was real, since it's hard to believe producers would be stupid enough to think they could get away with it. "The Amityville Horror" has more of a leg to stand on than this story.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

LOL... are you serious?

Blair witch had a MASSIVE campaign and even a fake documentary before the release... about the ghost and place, Burkittsville, Maryland.... and went on how these kids had gone missing... and how the movie was "Found Footage" in the style of Cannibal Holocaust...

Believe me... there was more hype surrounding The Blair Witch Project than The Fourth Kind for sure.

[edit on 20/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Did Blair Witch Project advertise itself as real? I thought it was just mistaken as real because of the way it was filmed.

It did in a round about sort of way. Just prior to the film's release, there was a Sci Fi Channel special on it, that treated it as a real event. If you saw this special, and then went to see the movie (like I did), it was a MUCH more enjoyable experience, and seemed much more real. (some quick research easily confirmed it was fake, but it was nice while it lasted)....

In addition, nothing in the advertising said it "wasn't" real, so the assumption was left that it was, based on the story that was told.

new topics

top topics

join