It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT'S YOUR LAND:Fighting for the Family Farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

IT'S YOUR LAND:Fighting for the Family Farm

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com

"As a civics teacher, I'm astounded," he told Fox News."I talk to my students about a responsive government, a government that protects rights, a government that protects property. And I have a representative of my own federal government, sit down in my parents' kitchen and tell them that the federal government sees no reason why they should keep their land?" he says angrily.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.boston.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Vt. farmer draws a line at US bid to bolster border..UPDATED

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I started a thread on this story earlier when it was barely noticed by any of the major news networks. Well something has paid of since mentioning that story ATS, more and more people have gotten involved in this little town of Vermont. So much so the Democratic representative of the Area is getting weary of all of the attention his little corner is drawing.

I don't know if its the ATS magic or not, but the story was barely a blip on anyone's radar...now its flashing as "RED ALERT".

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Way to go PG! Thanks for bringing this families plight to our attention. An average of 2 - 3 cars per cross on that spot per hour and they want to build a new $8 million crossing station? Insane waste of taxpayer money but hey - isn't that just what we expect from them nowadays?
They should spend that money on our SOUTHERN border where actual terrorists cross sometimes.

bump

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I really feel for them and here in BC, 7 acres without a house would be half a million or more depending on area. May go up to 800 000 plus. When she said you have to get enough to do it right or not do it all, the obvious answer lay at the end of her statement.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It was a combined effort of everyone on this board who came to the aid of the above family.

The first thread generated so much positive response besides your usual race baiters, someone from the media finally took this story main stream. At least Fox is responding to the plight.

Good Job Everyone,

top topics

join