It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Census taker crap continues

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I loved how the first line in the second paragraph of the page they give you to keep says "you are required by law to answer all questions requested from you"

Required.... Requested....

I asked the guy what that meant, and he said it was kind of like taxes, where you don’t really have to pay them, but if you don’t you will be first made sorry then jailed. He then went on to tell me he honestly didn’t really know what it meant but that it was against the law for me to not answer once asked, to which I replied "what if I just didn’t answer the door?" that, he said, is not illegal, but once asked, I must answer..... or else.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And just how are Exxon and beer factories working to oppress people? How are they responsible for cataloging Americans like sheep? How are they responsible for sending us into a debt that's out of control and how are they responsible for destroying privacy?

My main beef is with the government - not drunk drivers, not oil corporations, not airplane manufacturers. Not saying the others aren't important issues, but I'm one of a growing population of Americans who has had it when it comes to the government sticking their noses in our lives.

WOW.....just WOW !!! are you serious ????

Benevolent Heretic gave you great analogies and you completely missed it...again...WOW !!!!

BH gets a star from me

[edit on 21-5-2010 by jfj123]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
we have a great nation. based on rule by the people and a governing document that is being ignored!!!!!

I pretty much agree with everything in your post. I don't know why it's aimed at me. I have made my point - the Census is mandated by that document you're touting there.

Originally posted by hawkiye
They do not even bother to read Protoplasmic's excellent thread

I have read and posted in that thread several times.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Whats the big deal? I had one show up at my door and it was a very pleasant and super quick experience.

My story here.

And they didnt use any GPS device. I saw her drive up. Saw her ID from afar. Knew who she was. Opened the door and was nice and respectable and answered a few questions, chatting about the great weather and she was on her way. She didnt ask any personal questions that were intrusive. It was literally the same questions that were on the form. All happened in a matter of 5 minutes. I think I did more small talk than she did.

The outrage Im seeing is rather ridiculous IMO. These people are civilians (I know one personally) and they only ask a few questions and go about their way.

Why cant people just be nice and courteous?

[edit on May 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

This was exaclty my experience as well. Very polite, opened the form hit each question and thanked me for my time and left. He was here about 10 minutes tops.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Buck up, sos!!

Based on my experience with a ranting loony just an hour ago, on the street, there is a GREAT side benefit to the Census!

Yup, according to this rather outspoken man...a man who was speaking to no one in particular, but to everyone in general, he was ELATED and exultant to declare the Census numbers were IN!! And, ALL the illegal immigrants would be quickly dispatched to their countries of origin! (Of course, I've cleaned up his phrasing, a bit...)

SO, chalk up a BIG WIN!!! for the Census!!

Hoo-Rah!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The census taker here rang my doorbell six times, then pounded non stop untill I answered the door. That is not courteous. For her discourtesy she got a two minute ass chewing about how to properly ring a doorbell (once then wait), and how to properly knock on a door (once or twice then wait), then had the door closed in her face. So, what does she do? The same damn thing which got her ordered off the property until she can learn some manners, and a promise that the next time she shows up she'll have to answer to the police. Haven't seen her since.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by imitatorYou can't say it's constitutional under an cooperate run government that is not in accord with the principles set forth by our constitution... Therefore I have a right to not answer the Census Bureau questions...

Well, if you don't believe the government is legitimate under this very dubious theory that the U.S. is somehow a company now, and not a nation, then there's little that quoting the Constitution is going to do to help you, I guess. I won't get into a whole long thing trying to refute this notion here, it's not the right thread for it and there have be countless other threads on the topic, already. All I can say is that I find this argument wholly without any grounds and based completely on a grave misunderstanding of the law. I even discussed it with a good friend who is a very excellent lawyer - he delved into it a bit just for fun and found the whole thing pretty much hilarious, and frankly a little sad

Sure it's a little sad, and it's even worse than you think... If I left out the word cooperate, it's still an illegitimate government, because they do infringe our liberty on a daily basis... and that undermines its own legitimacy.

I think the constitution needs to be amended, but only to be protected from this illegitimate government. I could go on to say why it's illegitimate, but that is for another thread... Once we have an legitimate government in place, that is in accord with the principles set forth by our constitution, then I will sign the Census... though I may have a long wait, that may only happen after a coup d'état...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by imitator]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have been traveling for the past month or so and yes, a form was left wrapped around my electric gate opener@ 2 weeks ago.You don't get n my property without a code

I have received @ 18 phone messages starting last Tues the 18th to date,I have not been home to answer my "landline"until last night and no,I don't give everyone my cel.

The messages are becoming more aggressive and frequent and honestly,I intended to call back and gladly provide "required info" but now that it's escalated into a "stalk"......
Naw.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

For fear of being labled to one side or the other, I tryied to come up w/an answer, thats as on topic as possible.

Pull up your mail box, and get a Post Office Box #....

Myself I don't leave my property to often, and also have a gate and A few criminal tresspass signs......or even the imposter of a condemmed house sign...fake of course...

I'm kinda lucky my home is not in sight of the direct road..

Just thinking out loud...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by sos37

sos337 you are wasting your time arguing with ignorance. These people are either trolls shills or just plain mentally challanged. They do not even bother to read Protoplasmic's excellent thread explaining in detail how the commerce department a private corporation and subsidiary of the Private corporation called the United States is inventorying their collateral on the debt and by participating you are contracting with them and agreeing to be thier chattel. They don't care they are too emotionally attached to there idiotology! Reason and logic is foreign to them and facts matter not...

I read PPT's thread and it is utter nonsense. It is not even really worth responding to. If anything he said was the least bit true then he has also found a way to be sovereign within the borders and legally get out of ever paying any tax ever again. None of that is true.

I am genuinely curious what the actual conspiracy behind the census is. The thread you recommend is just more insipid fear mongering nonsense about the US being a corporation. That does not explain why you people are afraid of the census. Even the OP of this thread CAN NOT EXPLAIN what his problem with the census actually is.

Talk about shills and trolls.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

The census taker here rang my doorbell six times, then pounded non stop untill I answered the door. That is not courteous. For her discourtesy she got a two minute ass chewing about how to properly ring a doorbell (once then wait), and how to properly knock on a door (once or twice then wait), then had the door closed in her face. So, what does she do? The same damn thing which got her ordered off the property until she can learn some manners, and a promise that the next time she shows up she'll have to answer to the police. Haven't seen her since.

Did she ring it 6 times in rapid succession and then immediately start pounding on the door? How long would you say it was from the first ring to you actually answering the door? I am just curious because this narrative can be taken a couple different ways.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yes, it is much better when the federal government sycophants get together and sing koombyah.

If you have not noticed it yet, there is one thing that the Constitution allows, the counting of the people in the residence.

To those reading, open the door and state the number living there and then close the door.

Nuff said.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Did she ring it 6 times in rapid succession and then immediately start pounding on the door? How long would you say it was from the first ring to you actually answering the door? I am just curious because this narrative can be taken a couple different ways.

She rang it six times in quick succession, then immediately started the pounding. But, know what? That doesn't matter. It's the number of times, and the incessant pounding. The time that it took me to answer the door was the time it took to finish a bit of work that couldn't just be dropped, walk downstairs, and answer the door. That doesn't matter either. There's one way to take the narratives, and that is that the census taker lacked basic 'door courtesy'. I do freelance tech work, I have to ring/knock on doors when I arrive for someone appt to look at their messed up computer, and I wouldn't consider ringing and pounding like that. Anybody that does that deserves to get their ass chewed out with no quarter given.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

She rang it six times in quick succession, then immediately started the pounding. But, know what? That doesn't matter. It's the number of times, and the incessant pounding. The time that it took me to answer the door was the time it took to finish a bit of work that couldn't just be dropped, walk downstairs, and answer the door. That doesn't matter either. There's one way to take the narratives, and that is that the census taker lacked basic 'door courtesy'. I do freelance tech work, I have to ring/knock on doors when I arrive for someone appt to look at their messed up computer, and I wouldn't consider ringing and pounding like that. Anybody that does that deserves to get their ass chewed out with no quarter given.

There's no excuse for anyone acting the way they did, assuming the person really did bang on your door and ring the bell as you've said. That being said, if you simply filled out the mailed census form, you never would have had them knocking at your door.
I've met a number of census workers and they've all been very professional and very polite so you must have gotten that one bad egg.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

There's no excuse for anyone acting the way they did, assuming the person really did bang on your door and ring the bell as you've said. That being said, if you simply filled out the mailed census form, you never would have had them knocking at your door.
I've met a number of census workers and they've all been very professional and very polite so you must have gotten that one bad egg.

I did fill the form out, and mail it back. Path of least resistance and all, but she was pounding on my door anyway.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

I did fill the form out, and mail it back. Path of least resistance and all, but she was pounding on my door anyway.

That's odd. I filled out the form myself and have never had anyone come to my door nor have I been sent additional forms. You must be one of the lucky ones who's form was lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join