It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Census taker crap continues

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
They are exploiting these workers to do their dirty work for them. Offering a semi decent wage to people who are down and out in this crappy economy.

After all there is no way in hell an actual government employee would have the stones to go door to door in this political climate for any reason. Plus it would probably be too much work for them to walk an entire half mile.

Why face the wrath of the public when they can pay desperate people from the area to do it for them?

And even though I seriously doubt there is any true menace to the whole census nonsense, I still managed to give out a false middle name and a false date of birth.

The lady writing it down looked to be around 80 years old and wrote slower than mollases, all while shaking like a leaf of course.

F*** the census....thats my official stance on the matter.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I've heard a number of radio ads and saw some tv ads. They're targeted to those who've not filled out their census forms yet.
So when they say someone will be knocking on your door, it's only if you haven't filled out the form yet.
I've met a number of them at condo sites I've worked at and they're all very nice, professional and polite.
I think you're seeing conspiracy where there is none.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Wow, you seem to have it all figured out. It's a wonder you don't have a job with the government with your mad reasoning skills. They can always use people who shovel that much BS.

What, are you denying that it is in the United States Constitution that one of the jobs of Congress is to make sure to enumerate the people that live in the United States like it clearly states in Article I Section 2?

So instead of understanding that it is a required duty of this government to take a census once every ten years, you have instead decided to reject reality and substitute your own failed misconception, throwing in paranoia, flawed logic, and Xenophobia.

Based on what exactly?

How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?

We ask this question to help get an accurate count of the number of people in the household on Census Day, April 1, 2010. The answer should be based on the guidelines in the 'Start here' section. We use the information to ensure response accuracy and completeness and to contact respondents whose forms have incomplete or missing information.

Were there any additional people staying here April 1, 2010 that you did not include in Question 1?

Asked since 1880. We ask this question to help identify people who may have been excluded in the count provided in Question 1. We use the information to ensure response accuracy and completeness and to contact respondents whose forms have incomplete or missing information.

Is this house, apartment, or mobile home: owned with mortgage, owned without mortgage, rented, occupied without rent?

Asked since 1890. Homeownership rates serve as an indicator of the nation's economy. The data are also used to administer housing programs and to inform planning decisions.

What is your telephone number?

We ask for a phone number in case we need to contact a respondent when a form is returned with incomplete or missing information.

Please provide information for each person living here. Start with a person here who owns or rents this house, apartment, or mobile home. If the owner or renter lives somewhere else, start with any adult living here. This will be Person 1. What is Person 1's name?

Listing the name of each person in the household helps the respondent to include all members, particularly in large households where a respondent may forget who was counted and who was not. Also, names are needed if additional information about an individual must be obtained to complete the census form. Federal law protects the confidentiality of personal information, including names.

What is Person 1's sex?

Asked since 1790. Census data about sex are important because many federal programs must differentiate between males and females for funding, implementing and evaluating their programs. For instance, laws promoting equal employment opportunity for women require census data on sex. Also, sociologists, economists, and other researchers who analyze social and economic trends use the data.

What is Person 1's age and Date of Birth?

Asked since 1800. Federal, state, and local governments need data about age to interpret most social and economic characteristics, such as forecasting the number of people eligible for Social Security or Medicare benefits. The data are widely used in planning and evaluating government programs and policies that provide funds or services for children, working-age adults, women of childbearing age, or the older population.

Is Person 1 of Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin?

Asked since 1970. The data collected in this question are needed by federal agencies to monitor compliance with anti-discrimination provisions, such as under the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act. State and local governments may use the data to help plan and administer bilingual programs for people of Hispanic origin.

What is Person 1's race?

Asked since 1790. Race is key to implementing many federal laws and is needed to monitor compliance with the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act. State governments use the data to determine congressional, state and local voting districts. Race data are also used to assess fairness of employment practices, to monitor racial disparities in characteristics such as health and education and to plan and obtain funds for public services.

Does Person 1 sometimes live or stay somewhere else?

This is another question we ask in order to ensure response accuracy and completeness and to contact respondents whose forms have incomplete or missing information.

2010.census.gov...

Oh yea, those are some scary NWO (Were all going to die!) questions alright! GASP! How dare they!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
They are exploiting these workers to do their dirty work for them. Offering a semi decent wage to people who are down and out in this crappy economy.

You view it as exploitation, I view it as stimulating (only slightly, but still) the local economy, while giving the some un/under-employed people some work experience. I addition to this, the couple of census workers I have seen looked like they will benefit from the exercise, sunshine, and forced socialization they will experience at this job.

I really don't see any negatives here.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You're funny. You claim I'm rambling and then you belt out a post like that, complete with a made up story about a census taker you never met. If you weren't on his list as you say then why did he visit you?

All you're doing is helping the government machine lie to the American people.
Ever heard of condos? More than one family lives in these luxury accommodations. I have posted pictures of my condos in the background of some of my chemtrail pictures.

He was trolling for unit 2012 and I told him it was empty.

I talk to strangers, sue me.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
I think you're seeing conspiracy where there is none.

Boy, you said a mouthful! That's just the truth.

Originally posted by whatukno
What, are you denying that it is in the United States Constitution that one of the jobs of Congress is to make sure to enumerate the people that live in the United States like it clearly states in Article I Section 2?

That's what I'd like to know. How do these people who USE the Constitution when it's convenient and then toss it aside when it isn't, justify their hypocrisy?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So after 4 pages, not one person can explain WHY they have a problem with the census? None of you fear mongers can explain what exactly the issue is? Why is that?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I explained back on page 1. Second line.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I explained back on page 1. Second line.

This?

"Open your door to a census taker..."

???

Are you counting the bolded title as well?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Page 1, my second post.

Because they are doing the government's dirty work. I've no problem with a census taker, personally, but when they take any job to represent our current government I have a big problem with them. So when a census taker approaches my house they approach not as an individual doing a job, they approach as a government accomplice extending the powers of the Patriot Act into my home. They come to MY home and demand that I answer their questions so that our current government can use that information to further our national debt, catalog us like sheep, rape our education system, tax the hell out of us, etc.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

According to this logic, people who work in beer factories are responsible for drunk driving. Airplane mechanics are responsible for bombs being dropped on foreign countries. Software Engineers at Exxon are responsible for the oil spill, etc.

There are VERY few employees whose employers are TOTALLY innocent of any wrongdoing to this planet or this country. Anyone who works for ANYONE who sends jobs overseas is now a traitor. That's pretty tough logic, there...

I suppose soldiers are also "doing the governments dirty work" and don't deserve our respect?

I can't help but wonder how totally innocent YOUR employer is of any wrongdoing...

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Sorry, my bad. I did not realize I had to make my question so perfectly clear to you.

WHY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CENSUS?

All you say is you have a problem with census workers for following through with the census. Did you really not understand what I was asking you?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And just how are Exxon and beer factories working to oppress people? How are they responsible for cataloging Americans like sheep? How are they responsible for sending us into a debt that's out of control and how are they responsible for destroying privacy?

My main beef is with the government - not drunk drivers, not oil corporations, not airplane manufacturers. Not saying the others aren't important issues, but I'm one of a growing population of Americans who has had it when it comes to the government sticking their noses in our lives.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

And just how are Exxon and beer factories working to oppress people?

So, it's just the government workers who have your goat, then? So, soldiers, secret service, federal marshals, the DEA, border patrol, coast guard, NASA... Anyone who works for these entities has taken their positions, knowing they work for a government that's trying to oppress you, making them "government accomplices" and you have a problem with them. Is that correct?

By the way, the federal government already has or can find the information in the Census. They are just doing a headcount for accuracy's sake.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
Sure it is... also used for mopping up of potential Alex jones fans who could elude internment camps... "probably for those who don't answer the questions too"... They could use it like they did when they gave up names of Japanese-Americans in WW II... If you don't answer the questions, they will just ask the neighbors... and put a smiley face next to those.

Might I suggest you heed some words written by the great science fiction writer, Frank Herbert?:

LITANY AGAINST FEAR

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

That's really all I can say to your paragraph above that I think could be constructive. This isn't a thread about those several topics you allude to (not directly, anyway). Maybe the lines I've quoted will have some resonance for you.

Originally posted by imitatorYou can't say it's constitutional under an cooperate run government that is not in accord with the principles set forth by our constitution... Therefore I have a right to not answer the Census Bureau questions...

Well, if you don't believe the government is legitimate under this very dubious theory that the U.S. is somehow a company now, and not a nation, then there's little that quoting the Constitution is going to do to help you, I guess. I won't get into a whole long thing trying to refute this notion here, it's not the right thread for it and there have be countless other threads on the topic, already. All I can say is that I find this argument wholly without any grounds and based completely on a grave misunderstanding of the law. I even discussed it with a good friend who is a very excellent lawyer - he delved into it a bit just for fun and found the whole thing pretty much hilarious, and frankly a little sad

Originally posted by sodakota
Well, I thought about that angle LifeInDeath, but the problem is the billboard was on an Interstate highway. If the ad was meant for the people of St. Louis, why would they put it on the Interstate?

If they are talking about buying buses for people that are working in the city, why are they advertising to travelers and vacationers via the Interstate? Nobody on the Interstate is going to give up their SUV or Mercedes to ride on a bus.

Do they have "Park & Ride" in St. Louis?

They do in Baltimore, where I grew up, and a lot of other places. A lot of the Park & Rides were best accessible from various local Interstates. Park & Ride means you drive to big, local parking lot where tons of buses and sometimes rail lines stop, then you get on one of these mass transit vehicles and ride the rest of the way into the inner city where you work.

One of my friends lived in Owings Mills Maryland, would drive every day to the Park & Ride, then take Light Rail to the MARC Train station in Baltimore, then ride the MARC train all the way to D.C., where he worked. Daily drive commute (on highways), about 10 miles + daily train commute, about 120 miles...

...he was one of many tens-of-thousands of people who did this sort of thing in Baltimore every day. For a while I would drive to the Park & Ride and from there take the Subway in to my job at Johns Hopkins Hospital. It was a great system, saved on incredible amounts of congestion in the inner city, kept it to the suburbs where the roads can better handle the cars

The reason they knew to create such a system, and how to best implement it to serve the greater Baltimore-Washington area is because the Census told them where people were currently living, where they were trending to move to in outlying communities, like Owings Mills, which grew enormously in the time I lived in Baltimore - so much so they had to build a whole new Interstate just to serve that area huge new population. Censuses help to facilitate such complex transit systems and knowing where to develop the infrastructure. It's a perfect example of how the Census is useful to the community.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You do not actually know why you have a problem with the census, do you?

Really curious here.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
reply to post by sos37

LOL, the one disparaging the government completing an innocuous constitutionally-mandated act spews his garbage as being patriotic.

Being that you are from texas (a state on the verge of losing a congressional district it could gain), I do fully support your silly tirade. Spread the word!

Best,
SN

It is consitutionally mandated that each state submit the number of people in the state to the fed, nothing more. The census is the number of people, nothing more. They don't need my race, my name, my address, my sex, since now it doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman to be counted as a voting citizen.

The census, in order to know the amount of representatives to apportion to each state is required to be submitted to by each "citizen" of the USA. Hell the census counts illegals, etc... that constitutionally should NOT be counted. California should probably lose a third of its districts because of all the illegals....

Jaden

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's what I'd like to know. How do these people who USE the Constitution when it's convenient and then toss it aside when it isn't, justify their hypocrisy?

EXACTLY!

These are the same people that bitch and complain about their gun rights taken away, all the while fapping to a picture of Thomas Jefferson, but when the government does something they are legally required to do, all of a sudden it's a freaking conspiracy.

This is completely laughable, this is something that the United States Government has done from the FREAKING start of the nation, taking the Census, but to these people, it's some sort of NWO, mind control, they are going to die in a ditch, FEMA Camp, conspiracy.

It's the freaking Census, it's ten damn questions, get over it already, put down the gun, answer the questions and life will freaking go on. No one from the census bureau is going to be implanting a chip in you, or dragging you off to a FEMA Camp, it's freaking 10 questions that enumerate you so that you can be properly represented in Washington DC.

For GODS sake, this is second on lamest conspiracies next to the birther conspiracy.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by sos37

According to this logic, people who work in beer factories are responsible for drunk driving. Airplane mechanics are responsible for bombs being dropped on foreign countries. Software Engineers at Exxon are responsible for the oil spill, etc.

There are VERY few employees whose employers are TOTALLY innocent of any wrongdoing to this planet or this country. Anyone who works for ANYONE who sends jobs overseas is now a traitor. That's pretty tough logic, there...

I suppose soldiers are also "doing the governments dirty work" and don't deserve our respect?

I can't help but wonder how totally innocent YOUR employer is of any wrongdoing...

your comparing employees of corporations to the respobsible care takers of a nation. All citizens are responsible for not furthering an insurrection of the government that is by "we the people".

An accurate comparison would be if one of the executives of the Exxon xorporation was also an software engineer and is he responsible for the spill. Of course he is.

I blame EVERYONE that is a citizen of this nation for allowing the usurpation of it's freedoms. I blamed Bush for the institution of the patriot act and EVERYONE That allowed. The SCOTUS justices that didn't vote against it, etc....

If you don't blame them and everyone else and yourself if you continue to allow it, then I blame YOU too.....

we have a great nation. based on rule by the people and a governing document that is being ignored!!!!!

We as the rulers of our land as set forth in that document are responsible for ensuring that it is followed. If we don't, or we take aims to ignore it or allow it to be ignored, then we are against it and hence, against this nation, which makes us guilty of treason against it.

There are methods in place to allow it to be changed, but at this point because it is being ignored, those methods are invalid anyways.

If you want the rules set forth to be validly changed at this point, we have to first return to its rule and then follow the prescribed methods for changing it. Otherwise, we are living under an usurpation of authority vested in the people of this nation. PERIOD....

I don't think that many Americans will allow that to happen. If that means open revolution will be necessary against those usurpers, then I'm afraid that it will happen. I for one, hope that it doesn't come to that.

Things aren't looking good for a peaceful return to constitutional government by the people of the people and for the people.

If you aren't willing to do your civic duty and demand a return to it, then YOU my friend are guilty of treason against the constitution as well.

You do understand that there is a reason that ALL people who serve as representatives of the united states government in any way are supposed to be required to swear and oath to defend the COTUS right???

That is because it is what defines our responsibilities and the permissions that we grant those we choose to govern us as representatives. If it is ignored, then there is nothing but despotism by those who are supposed to be representing us in a government ran by US!!!!!

This is coming to a head, and soon there will be repercussions for those who choose to not support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

We WILL return to a nation of the people, for the people or by the people or we will die enslaved men and women in the process of defending so great a nation.

Jaden

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

sos337 you are wasting your time arguing with ignorance. These people are either trolls shills or just plain mentally challanged. They do not even bother to read Protoplasmic's excellent thread explaining in detail how the commerce department a private corporation and subsidiary of the Private corporation called the United States is inventorying their collateral on the debt and by participating you are contracting with them and agreeing to be thier chattel. They don't care they are too emotionally attached to there idiotology! Reason and logic is foreign to them and facts matter not...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join