It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Census taker crap continues

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by weedwhacker

10 years ago did you have a president who made public statements like iPads and XBoxes turned information into a "distraction", a form of "entertainment"?

President Obama's commencement speech Sunday at Hampton University caused a little stir in tech circles after he took a swipe at some of our favorite toys — "iPods and iPads and PlayStations and Xboxes" — for turning "information" into a "distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment."

news.yahoo.com...

So here we have a man who believes the disbursement of information is a bad thing. Why is that?

Because he is a marxist, Maoist, communist symphisizing piece of lying human excrement who barely ever can tell the truth, nor ever keep even 1 promise, and apologizes to all the world and says he is so sorry for how terrible America is.. Loots the treasury wealth and gives it to his friends..
I think those would be the main reasons why true informatiion availability to the masses doesn't sit too well with him..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Of course you did, you also voted for Obama and the bigger the government the better, isn't that right BH?

No, that's not right. I don't feel that way at all. And what does Obama have to do with the census?
You do know that we had a Census before Obama got elected, don't you?

The Constitution directs the taking of the Census. Obama really has nothing to do with it.
Big government has NOTHING to do with it.

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.
The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

The bigger the government the more your outstretched hand will be filled- up thanks to us that work for a living. enjoy your disability living on our shoulders and sweat.

WTF are you talking about? I have never gotten disability in my life and I worked for a living. I'm retired. I've done my share of sweating. Clearly you have me confused with someone else because you know absolutely nothing about me.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Well, I thought about that angle LifeInDeath, but the problem is the billboard was on an Interstate highway. If the ad was meant for the people of St. Louis, why would they put it on the Interstate?

If they are talking about buying buses for people that are working in the city, why are they advertising to travelers and vacationers via the Interstate? Nobody on the Interstate is going to give up their SUV or Mercedes to ride on a bus.

Generally the people that ride buses live in the city and work in the city. That's the only place the bus lines go.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota
If the ad was meant for the people of St. Louis, why would they put it on the Interstate?

I used to live in Illinois, right across the border from St Louis. MANY people traveled back and forth across that border to work in St Louis. Buses, too.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I was hesitant at first about filling out the census form. Then I realized that im not giving them any information that they don't already know.

Do you really believe that they don't know or cant find out where you live or the color of your skin?

By not filling out the form and giving them a hard time, all you are doing is raising a red flag.

Fly under the radar and fill out the form.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by 90gsx]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Simple, the census is used by municipalities and states to determine how much and what sort of public services they need to provide for their citizens. If you know that a city has grown by 50,000 in the last 10 years, then you know you will likely need to increase the number of buses serving that city by quite a large number. If nobody filled out their census form, they wouldn't know this and determining how much to add to city services would not be possible.

Likewise, if the city has lost a huge number of people, they need to know they can save money by cutting services that are no longer really serving anyone.

Sure it is... also used for mopping up of potential Alex jones fans who could elude internment camps... "probably for those who don't answer the questions too"... They could use it like they did when they gave up names of Japanese-Americans in WW II... If you don't answer the questions, they will just ask the neighbors... and put a smiley face next to those.

You can't say it's constitutional under an cooperate run government that is not in accord with the principles set forth by our constitution... Therefore I have a right to not answer the Census Bureau questions...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Sure it is... also used for mopping up of potential Alex jones fans who could elude internment camps... "probably for those who don't answer the questions too"... They could use it like they did when they gave up names of Japanese-Americans in WW II...

I thought about that too,, imitator. Considering this is a conspiracy forum, it seemed to me that if the billboard ad was meant for the general population to see traveling via the Interstate, then it could have a hidden meaning.

However, I am thankful for "past" census taking. If they wouldn't have done that I wouldn't know anything about my great great great grandparents or their relatives.

For instance, in the 1850 Census they asked: name, age, sex. occupation, and birthplace.

In the 1860 Census they asked: name, age, sex and birthplace

In the 1870 Census they asked: name, age, sex. occupation, and birthplace.

In the 1880 Census they asked: name, sex, age, relation, occupation, birthplace, birthplace of father, birthplace of mother.

So how come they don't ask our birthplace anymore?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Could someone enlighten me as to what information they are afraid of giving out that was asked for on the form?

What are you afraid they will be doing with said information?

Basically, what are any and all threats posed by any of the questions on the form?

Thanks in advance.

I went ahead and presented my own concerns in this new thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you really want to know why I object to the Census, I lay it all out in detail there.

Thanks.

Thanks and I will be more than happy to go to that thread and look at it. At the moment I am curious about THIS thread though, but thanks. You had not even posted in this thread when I asked. How about the OP? How about anyone? Can ANYONE answer me in THIS thread? I see some very heated opinions about it but I am not seeing the WHY?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

They are preforming a constitutionally required task. Do you hate the constitution for some reason?

Article I Section 2...

...The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years...

The only people that don't like the Census, or Census takers are those that hate the United States Constitution. This has nothing to do with the Patriot Act, and everything to do with the United States Constitution. But I assume by your post that you don't like the United States Constitution and by proxy don't like anything about the United States.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by whatukno]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The only people that don't like the Census, or Census takers are those that hate the United States Constitution.

Why do people hate America?

I just don't get it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
On the way to work this morning I heard an ad on AM Radio for the census takers. The way it was worded was like this:

"Open your door to a census taker..."

I did some searching on this and although I couldn't find the radio ad itself, I found the TV ad which is worded almost exactly the same:

2010.census.gov...

The radio ad, however, was worded so that WHEN, not IF, a census taker comes calling we should all open our doors to them and spend 10 minutes answering their 10 questions. I guess it doesn't matter if you filled out your census information or not, they are going to come calling.

Interestingly enough, looking at the Radio station's directory of advertisers, the Census Bureau isn't listed, even though the ad ended with "Paid for by the Census Bureau of the US":

www.wbap.com...

So I've informed the wife that we will most likely be hearing from one of these damned census takers sometime soon and if one comes knocking to come get me and I'll deal with them. For now, I'm seriously considering getting one of these GPS Jamming devices (gpsjammers.net...) so they can't scan the front door, and I'll be ready to sic the dog on them when he or she comes calling.

So just a word of warning - it looks like they are coming, these puppets of the government. Be ready.
OMG more Census Taker hate speech!!

These are just out of work Americans actually getting the government to spend money for a GOOD cause, their wages so these hard working and under appreciated, and down right hated people can feed their families.

Yet thread after thread gets posted.

We had a census guy come and he told us we were NOT on his list. I said why would we be we sent it in to avoid your visit. He laughed. OOOH boogeyman!!

I wish we had not sent it in, because it gives an American a JOB. I feel bad for this.

He said he was surprised because I live in a wealthier area and we had a 25 percent non return rate. I said I bet you will find most are empty because their owners lived the american dream consumption and credit bloat. Most of the folks around here are pretty compliant on things like census etc.

Not the enemy, just an older guy trying to earn a living.

As a matter of fact, your OP is 100 percent made up hate speech.

Your points do not flow into each other, you go from random census links, to you will "sic your dog on em" IE otherwise known as psychopathic violence against your fellow man.

Insane.

I bet you hate illegals too.

I doubt more than ten percent of this thread understand the meaning behind the previous statement in relation to my post and this thread.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Whats the big deal? I had one show up at my door and it was a very pleasant and super quick experience.

My story here.

And they didnt use any GPS device. I saw her drive up. Saw her ID from afar. Knew who she was. Opened the door and was nice and respectable and answered a few questions, chatting about the great weather and she was on her way. She didnt ask any personal questions that were intrusive. It was literally the same questions that were on the form. All happened in a matter of 5 minutes. I think I did more small talk than she did.

The outrage Im seeing is rather ridiculous IMO. These people are civilians (I know one personally) and they only ask a few questions and go about their way.

Why cant people just be nice and courteous?

[edit on May 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

I couldn't have said it better myself. really you just summed it all up. These people are not evil doers. They are not trying to take over the world or enslave as as I have unbelievably seen a few claim....

They are here to determine how many people live in this country so the government can decide how to better spend it's( our) money on things such as health care and schools.

I actually saw a census taker the other day going to several apartments here at my complex. I stopped and talked to him for a few. Nice guy actually. I asked how many times he has gotten the door slammed in his face and he said that most people have been nice and cooperative, but he does run into the occasional " Paranoid whacko jerk" ( His words, not mine).

Bottom line is I have never understood why there was so much hesitance to answer such simple and non intrusive questions so that our country can be run better and more wisely.... Now come on, I know there is not one person among us who will not agree that our government needs improvement.

So stand up! Be an adult, Tell them how many people live in your house and move on. And if you still refuse to talk to the census people, I think the least you could do is not answer your door.

Please don't go out there and scream at them and make their job any harder than it already is... These are just ordinary people, trying to make a few extra bucks in a tough economy.

Fill out the form people! Stop seeing a conspiracy around every corner, when there is none to be seen and just fill out the form...

Ugh, I just needed to say that. Thanks for listening.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
www.witn.com...

Several counties in Eastern Carolina are considered "at risk" for losing millions of dollars in funding, simply if people don't fill out their 2010 Census forms.

The group Democracy North Carolina analyzed counties for their history of low rates of mailing back their Census forms or they have a large amount of people who typically have low response rates. Some of those reasons include poverty.

“For every 1,000 residents not counted, a county could lose $1.5 million a year for school programs, health care, job training, housing, senior centers and more," said Bob Hall, director of Democracy North Carolina, the nonpartisan group that conducted the analysis.

While this is specific to NC, it's probably true of a lot of states.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

The only people that don't like the Census, or Census takers are those that hate the United States Constitution. This has nothing to do with the Patriot Act, and everything to do with the United States Constitution. But I assume by your post that you don't like the United States Constitution and by proxy don't like anything about the United States.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by whatukno]

Wow, you seem to have it all figured out. It's a wonder you don't have a job with the government with your mad reasoning skills. They can always use people who shovel that much BS.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This census taker hate is ridiculous. "YEAH MY PROTEST IS NOT FILLING Out THE CENSUS." You're just hurting yourself. Losing money for your community, losing seats in congress. Fine by me if you want to lose representation. I mean seriously, you claim to have problems with the government. Who would have to be in office for you to fill out the census? George Bush or some other moron like that?

I love the anti-Obama, anti-liberal spiel, "not gonna fill out the census" cause I don't like who is in power right now. Good, just means you'll have an even harder time getting the current people in power out of office in the next election year.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That's your opinion, and while I can respect it I don't agree with it.

People who knowingly take a job to do the census knowingly take a job with the government. A government that is currently all about screwing the middle class taxpayer and taking away your individual freedoms. They have to expect that the reactions of some will not be pleasant toward them. I would go so far as to call it an occupational hazard.

You take a job working for the government, you are complicit in what the government is doing and you become evil yourself even if you don't know it. So I say the government and anyone stupid enough to take a job with them can come invade my family's personal space and their rights over my dead body.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

How dare the government threaten citizens! They are just trying to force people into filling it out so when the FEMA camps open, they know where to round people up!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbalon
This census taker hate is ridiculous. "YEAH MY PROTEST IS NOT FILLING Out THE CENSUS." You're just hurting yourself. Losing money for your community, losing seats in congress. Fine by me if you want to lose representation. I mean seriously, you claim to have problems with the government.

Losing money? Are you freaking serious??? This entire country is in debt like never before and you're squealing about "your community losing money"? Really? Obamacare is about to increase taxes out the ass and you're crying about COMMUNITY dollars???

And representation - is there already not a huge movement and feeling of anger in this country which is uprooting incumbents because the people no longer feel represented???

The damage to our communities is already done, thank you very much. All I'm doing is refusing to shake the hand of the slick willy currently in office.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You're funny. You claim I'm rambling and then you belt out a post like that, complete with a made up story about a census taker you never met. If you weren't on his list as you say then why did he visit you?

All you're doing is helping the government machine lie to the American people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join