It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you be voting against incumbents in November?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think I wont vote for any national level elections any more. I'll vote local. Maybe state. I dont want anything to do with the 'nation' so I'll do my part and ignore it as best I can.

I tried third party to no avail. 'Lesser evil' style just makes me gag. I'm done. I feel like I just do the same thing over and over. I used to expect or at least hope for a 'different result' but I can't do that anymore. My hope has run dry.

Self suffrage secession.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I struggle with the same sentiment. But my take is that if we don't TRY to take back the government we let them win. They have control of the country's treasure, assets, laws and future. They can make deals with business and banking that are in direct conflict to our best interests. We can't let them have a default monarchy without at least giving them a run for their money.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You bet!! I'm going to make @#$% sure McCain doesn't get back into power in my state of AZ! JD Hayworth all the way baby!!!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I say, send all the current (R)s and (D)s PACKING!

They have to know that failure or inaction won't be rewarded with another term.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Absolutly! I will certainly be voting against every single REPUBLICAN incumbent I can.

As will I.

Eight years of Bush/Cheney destroyed this country, and I will not forget it. The demonization of Obama is nothing more than GOP dirty tricks designed to shift the blame for what they did.

Former Republican speaking here. Never again.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Who has to demonize the man? He renewed the PA and expanded the terror "watch" list to include every human on Earth. Those things there earn him a rope on the gallows line right next to Bush and Cheney.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

Absolutly! I will certainly be voting against every single REPUBLICAN incumbent I can.

As will I.

Eight years of Bush/Cheney destroyed this country, and I will not forget it. The demonization of Obama is nothing more than GOP dirty tricks designed to shift the blame for what they did.

Funny how you make grandiose claims like that without anything to back them up. The economic downfall started with Clinton and many people are to blame, not just Bush/Cheney. Are you talking about the Iraq war? How about voting the members of Congress out of their seats who voted "yes" to going to war alongside Bush? How about the budget deficit that has spiraled out of control in the last year alone? How about the lies we were told with ObamaCare?

You've got a nasty habit of focusing all of the nation's troubles on two men. You're no former Republican, because a former Republican would be smarter than to make statements like yours.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have to roll my eyes at the people who claim that "yes" they are going to vote incumbents out and then go on to specify only one political party they are going to vote against. Saying you are going to vote against ALL Republicans, or All Democrats, seriously does no good! If you are only voting against Republican incumbents (or Dem ones) then you are doing no better than voting straight party lines anyway. The ONLY way a "vote incumbents out" movement works if people finally quit lining up like mindless robots to vote for a political party!

As I said before, I plan on voting against ALL incumbents who supported the Healthcare bill, and the bailouts...and if I hear they support Cap and Trade they will join the list of people I will vote to throw out of office as well.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The incumbents, even the first termers, need to go!!!!! They're wasting our tax dollars on foreign aide. They're ignoring the wishes of the country, with rumblings of another bid at illegal amnesty. They've voted in this healthcare non-sense, against the wishes of most of the nation.

I normally dont believe in voting, but I'll be sure to vote in this election.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There is one problem with ousting the incumbents. .. it does not break the cycle of greed and corruption. It merely takes a vacation for a month or two.

The entire system of "Government" needs an enema.

You don't need so many Reps to "represent" each state.

You don't need to bankrupt a country so you can deliver "democracy" to another, less-fortunate country.

You are now that less-fortunate country.

Are current politicians to blames? YES!
Are former politicians to blame? YES!

But either way, they all listened to lobbyists.

The elected officials, you know, the ones you elected to represent YOU in government? Well, they don't care about you. They care about appeasing their lobbyist overlords.

Because the money is a lot sweeter

And unfortunately, while everyone else is either broke, jobless, or about to be both, they are stuffing their pockets with your hard earned dollars, making you pay for things you don't want, making you pay for wars that aren't necessary, and giving more money away to "Allies" than they are giving to their own people.

Voting Incumbents out is a start.

But creating a new system is government is the solution.

A government that doesn't treat its citizens like stupid sheep.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocketman70433
The incumbents, even the first termers, need to go!!!!! They're wasting our tax dollars on foreign aide. They're ignoring the wishes of the country, with rumblings of another bid at illegal amnesty. They've voted in this healthcare non-sense, against the wishes of most of the nation.

I normally dont believe in voting, but I'll be sure to vote in this election.

This is exactly right!

No matter how much you might like one or two of your incumbents, don't forget that they are part of a corrupt system! They allowed the system to get this bad. They allowed their peers to get away with plundering our nation all these years. They accepted millions of dollars from their party with something expected in return. (Namely party loyalty, instead of representation.)

SACK THE INCUMBENT! ALL INCUMBENTS! DON'T VOTE FOR ANY "POLITICIAN"

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Oust all incumbents and vote for any and all third party candidates. I do not care who they are, I will vote for third party before anyone else this year.

Libertarian, Constitutional, Independent my first three choices!

This. I don't stop at those, though. I'll vote Communist Party if that's the only other option...at least they're up front about wanting to steal the fruits of my labor. No incumbents, no Republicans, no Democrats, no career politicians.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
wow, thank you all for contributing
to this thread. I thought since the
election is only 9 days away that I
ought to resurface this thread for further
discussion since it is now a current event.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that I will be voting for my republican senators & the republican representatives for the first time ever. I will be voting against my democratic representative also for the first time & it pains me. He is a good man, just as his father was, but the issues the past 2 years have left me no choice. These republicans, incumbent or not, have actually represented me in the Obamacare fight, in cap & trade, on state issues (hurricane Ike) & re immigration. They *better* do the right thing concerning immigration & protecting the borders.

Frankly, dear Saint, I am gravely concerned that without a strong, organized 3rd party, all that vote would do is make it possible for a democrat to squeak by. This election is too crucial to risk & it is too close for (my) comfort. I am sick about Kathie Glass. I would have loved voting for her. God Help them if they don't keep their promises. They know that I will be in their faces until they do & not only vote, but campaign hard, against them next election.
November 3rd is a new day. I HOPE the libertarians & the Constitution party start getting it together *that day*.
I will no sooner vote for a green than I will a democrat (ever again).

Would it be okay to remind (or inform) any Texas voters that Propositions 2 & 3 on the ballot concern enacting a state property tax? Please do your homework! (if it's not okay, holler, & I'll delete this- no problem)

I'm so sorry. I know that this isn't what you were hoping to hear.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Oust all incumbents and vote for any and all third party candidates. I do not care who they are, I will vote for third party before anyone else this year.

Libertarian, Constitutional, Independent my first three choices!

Voting for third parties because they are not a mainstream party is a very sensible way to address the problem of parties having too much power.

I will be voting for representatives I feel will do their job to represent people and be their interface between the population and the respective level of government they seat.

But that, alone, will change nothing. The relationship between a representative and their district does not end at the ballot box - they are there to serve you. Write them. Ask them questions - give them your opinion and reasons for things. Don't presume they are the bad-guy because they voted for something you did not like (but never bothered to express to your representative).

You must represent yourself if you wish someone else to represent you. Plain and simple. Voting in anyone without changing your mindset will only lead to the same problems.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Where do you think these ousted political scum will go to work? For the very same lobbying group that lined their pockets with our nations blood. These same scum that now knows the ins and outs to your new elected reps. It is a never ending cycle. Plenty of greed to go around

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i tend to think voting 'against' someone is pretty short-sighted. Who are you voting FOR?

Yes, removing corrupted incumbents from power seems like a good idea, but who are you replacing them with?

Sorry, but I fail to see the intelligence in the 'anybody but him/her' theory. In my district in NC, for example, I could vote for incumbent Heath Shuler, who, in my own opinion, is a d-bag bluedog. But who else is running? Jeff Miller? He's a joke. His entire campaign is 'I'm not heath shuler'. How is that a campaign? How are those ideas?

term limits would be helpful.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

As will I.

As will I. The first time I voted was for Ronald Reagan and was a Republican for years. I think I was the only Republican in my rather liberal college. I actually believed the message of smaller government, trickle down, lower taxes and less regulation.

Forward 25 years later and I see trickle down never happening as the money stayed with the wealthy, reduced spending on social programs being replaced by increased spending on defense contractors, taxes for the most part only lower for the wealthy and those that continue to produce children and deregulation only allowed a few large companies to rape the consumer.

I no longer believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or the Republican party. I refuse to continue to vote for them in hope that someday what they say will come true.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I already voted. Absentee (health issues).
I voted for all people who weren't in.
The libertarians will be lov'n me this time around!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
i tend to think voting 'against' someone is pretty short-sighted. Who are you voting FOR?

well the problem I have with this is,
we have already seen what the incumbents
have done already and it hasn't changed.
So I'm voting for somebody who has
not failed me already !!!!!

Do you hire back the employee who has already lied
to you and stole your money? or

Do you hire somebody who has NOT lied to you
and NOT stole your money?

If you're a Human Resources Manager,
there is no question who gets hired.

I am voting FOR someone who has not
epic failed me already.
edit on 10/24/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

new topics