It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Montauk Monster? Or something else.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
New Montauk Monster sighting? Bizarre creature washes up in small Ontario town

Locals in a small Canadian town have been stumped by the appearance of a bizarre creature, which was dragged from a lake.

The animal, which has a long hairy body with bald skin on its head, feet and face, has prompted wild internet speculation that it is a more evolved version of the famous 'Montauk monster'.

The creature was discovered by two nurses in the town of Kitchenuhmaykoosib in Ontario, Canada, while out on a walk with their dog.

Source

Is it just me or does everyone else also agree this is just an otter? Although I'm not sure how it has ended up with just the fur on it's face and feet removed.

It's very interesting how as soon as a strange looking dead animal is found it's instantly a 'monster' of some sort. All animals look a lot different with no fur. And even more different when they are decayed and bloated.

The body of the creature appears to look something like an otter, while its face - complete with long fang-like teeth, bears a striking resemblance to a boar-like animal

Lol. No, it just bears resemblance to an otter!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It is a otter. The human imagination is great. We don't recognize something and we instantly label it something out of this world.

Google. Sloth with no hair. Hate to break it to people but no there is no such thing as strange aliens running among us only are imagination
Use common sense and logic.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That montauk monster looks as made up as the name of that town sounds. Never heard of that place before. How could they not know that's an otter? Are the townsfolk really that sheltered? Holy crap. The puggy face screams otter. They may not eat enough carrots around there. Man, getcher eyes checked people.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I agree it is an otter.
How it lost the fur from its head and feet I don't know - but its an otter.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I looked at some otter pics. That is definitely an otter. Weird how it's fur was absent from the face and feet. Could it have happened post mortem?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It seems to me that in the lake, the fish would go for the ends of the feet and the face first right?

Seems like something that couldn't break the skin wanted to eat him, but didn't get very far.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Looks like an otter to me.

Here's a link to an otter's skull. Notice large canine on top, the gap to a smaller tooth, and the tooth on the bottom that looks like it fits into the gap.

otter skull replicate, river

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's a river otter fer pete's sake. Dunno how it got shaved, perhaps the locals did it. I can't believe people don't know their wildlife any better than they do. SHEESH! Go outside, turn off the tv, there is a big world out there to explore!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
www.usbr.gov...

this how an otter looks like, that one doesn't look like an otter, it has the face an pig.

The face doesn't match of the same otter i posted in the thread.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Otter. Plain and simple.

I don't see how that isn't obvious.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
www.usbr.gov...

this how an otter looks like, that one doesn't look like an otter, it has the face an pig.

The face doesn't match of the same otter i posted in the thread.

Youve obviously never watched enough nature docos, nor seen an otter up close...

That 'monster' is an Otter, plain and simple... its face is swollen and its lips are pulled back. Are people really that ignorant about the world around them?

edit:- Oh and when posting images of things to compare them... try and post them in a similar pose as the thing your comparing them to... the 'monster' is in profile... your pic is from the front... also there are lots of species of Otter, some arent exactly like the others... still doesnt really make it hard to see what something is, especially this 'monster'.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

LOL. The facial structure, the teeth, the fur, the feet, and the tail have otter written all over them.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I have to agree with everyone else, definitely looks like an otter. Certainly isn't anything out of the ordinary, its got fur so it has be a mammal, can't be anything too exotic if its a mammal.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That otter has a bowl-cut!! Give me the name of the barber so I know never to go there.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ITS A FLIPPIN OTTER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Loss or fur is more than likely the result of decay.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm betting it's a fisher.
Edit: Saw a better picture, I'm joining the otter camp.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its an otter when animals die in the water the hair around the eyes and mouth do tend to fall out, as a pest controller and trainee taxidermist i have seen this happen before. It is quite common on rats!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
how does crap like this make it to the news?

it's an otter???? I'm going to go out on limb here and guess if these people live in an otter area that someone in their town like say oh I dunno a vet? or maybe just someone with common sense would look at the damned thing and go ,otter

are humans really this dumb? seriously?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The animal, which has a long hairy body with bald skin on its head, feet and face, has prompted wild internet speculation that it is a more evolved version of the famous 'Montauk monster'.

So it's a more evolved creature of imagination.
Amazing what some people will print, read and believe.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ITS ALREAD BEEN PROVEN TO BE A MINK. The Bald Beast of KI : Its a Mink! - Cryptomundo (Loren Coleman)

Someone has already made a thread about this... and this is what I said.

In the link above, Loren Coleman explains that this animal is indead a MINK. This is why its not an otter: Otters have webbed feet so they can swim, the Bald clearly does not, it has normal clawed paws like the mink has. Otters also have small ears that they can close when they go underwater, but the Bald Beast's ears are little larger and would not be able to be closed like a mink. Also, it has the same think, luxerious coat of a mink, an otters coat is waterproof because its better packed together.

Pictures.

BLAD BEAST OF KI

MINK

OTTER

[edit on 29-6-2010 by nicolee123nd]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join